PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger shines yet again...

Troyisabeast_43
10-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Getting Mendy back today was huge and he ran and caught the ball out of the back field and made some plays, but the story once again and the player of this game was Ben Roethlisberger. He just continues to make big play after big play and big throw after big throw. He found a way to escape pressure time and time again and converted some huge huge 3rd downs on that last possession there to both Brown and Sanders escaping pressure on both occasions to do so. One thing we are not seeing at all is Ben is not getting sacked that much at all. I dont know if it's Haley's system or if the line is playing better but it does seem like Ben is not getting sacked nearly as much in games as he was the past few seasons. Ben once again was awesome today and he is the main reason once again the Steelers won this game. He is only going to get better I feel as this season moves forward. But overall once again another outstanding error free game from Ben today...

LatrobePA
10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Third down king! I love it!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Very workman like performance by Ben today. That's what we're used to seeing out of him, or we were used to seeing out of him. 21/37, 207 yds. No major mistakes but made the plays when he absolutely had too. Sometimes you win ugly and today on offense it wasn't the prettiest thing. I'll take it though!

LarryNJ
10-07-2012, 06:14 PM
He had a very good game, I only noticed 2 bad throws. If his receivers did more his stats would have been great. I think one reason his sacks are down is we aren't running 25 yard patterns as often.

Speeed
10-07-2012, 06:16 PM
He is one of the most versatile QB's around. I don't think the big passes were there, so he adjusted. If he had been rushe more, he would have scrambled and made some plays. Had he had more open receivers, he would have hit them. He does whatever the situation dictates. Like Vick, (but far better at actually throwing the ball and doing expected QB stuff), he gets it done. And yes, if the if the situation is on had, he can manage a game and be a "workman."

Very workman like performance by Ben today. That's what we're used to seeing out of him, or we were used to seeing out of him. 21/37, 207 yds. No major mistakes but made the plays when he absolutely had too. Sometimes you win ugly and today on offense it wasn't the prettiest thing. I'll take it though!

Zachintosh66
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Phantom PI calls not called... Im still getting disappointed with Wallace. I understand the new offense doesnt call for the deep pass to him nearly as much. But couple dropped passes, and his penalty today got my attention.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Brown and Wallace both had multi drops today....Lets not single out Wallace......Brown dropped a TD and it was a perfect pass by Ben.......Ben has been money on 3rd down all season and he was solid on the game winning field goal drive......I'm not worried about the WR's in the long term....Both Wallace and Brown will be fine.....

elephantman
10-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Ben is great on 3rd down...but Im watching the Pats/Broncos...and Tom brady is great on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down ...we have the weapons, but Brady will and could make our D look silly, and or O...thats insane watching patriots .we have a Long way to go...1 TD ....with 2 Extra possesions with TO's, i'll take the win though

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Ben is great on 3rd down...but Im watching the Pats/Broncos...and Tom brady is great on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th down ...we have the weapons, but Brady will and could make our D look silly, and or O...thats insane watching patriots .we have a Long way to go...1 TD ....with 2 Extra possesions with TO's, i'll take the win though

Ben has 8 TD's and only 1 INT on the season.......Ben has been fine all season.....lol Both Wallace and Brown did Ben no favors today with big drops........

steelersbabex25
10-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Outside of the first quarter Ben was money again. It's gotten to the point where I love seeing 3rd and longs

Nolrog
10-07-2012, 07:33 PM
He wasn't aweful there, but I'd hardly say he shined. As BRC said, workman like performance with no mistakes.

coldrolled
10-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Holding Wallace, Holding Brown etc... Throwing our shoes off the field....

Come on. At least call the calls on both sides...

LarryNJ
10-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes AB and MW both had some drops. I think AB had a better game because Nnamdi was covering him and isn't as good as DRC.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Brown had better stats but both Wallace and Brown dropped balls today.......Most are quick to bash Wallace due to his hold out but lets face it if Brown holds onto that TD then the Steelers wouldn't have needed that last second field goal......Plus Brown had a huge fumble against the Raiders.....I like AB but he needs to stop making mistakes....Lucky his drop didn't cost the team a win today......

xBlitzBurghx
10-07-2012, 08:05 PM
I was going to bash Ben after week 1 for throwing that pick 6 and not finishing the game.... However I'm glad i decided to give him a few weeks first. He is much improved from last year and I am glad. Mad props this year to Ben!

LarryNJ
10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
One other thing that he did great today was the play action. maybe it worked better because Mendy is an actually threat, but Ben executed it nicely.

Real Deal Steel
10-07-2012, 08:57 PM
You guys need to stop. Ben was pedestrian today. Go look at the third quarter again. one for six at one time. He was below par in the third quarter. And I'm being nice.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2012, 08:58 PM
You guys need to stop. Ben was pedestrian today. Go look at the third quarter again. one for six at one time. He was below par in the third quarter. And I'm being nice.

His WR's sure helped out today huh?.....Drops all over the place today......

Real Deal Steel
10-07-2012, 09:06 PM

True..I'll give you that. What was going on with Wallace???

Get7With7
10-07-2012, 09:08 PM

Don't forget the refs refused to call PI on the Eagles' DBs.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Don't forget the refs refused to call PI on the Eagles' DBs.

I know...Just saying the WR's let down their QB today....I'm not worried long term about Brown or Wallace......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2012, 08:59 PM
The WR's definitely let their QB down on Sunday, something they haven't done all year. If Cotchery doesn't trip, if Wallace makes that endzone catch, or any remote attempt to fight for it then this game wasn't even close.

On that Wallace missed TD pass, Ben did throw it late because he was under pressure, but man that's where you'd like to see your receiver slow down and go up for the jump ball.