PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to accept some difficult facts?

Stone
10-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Has the time come for Steeler fans to face some ugly realities?

Has the great Steelers resurgence hit a wall?

Is Dick Le Beau the latest in the long line of "great guys we owe a few extra years to"?

Is Todd Haley Ben's biggest fear?

Is this the year we throw away because of age on defense?

Is this going to be a colossal shame of "what the offense could have been"?

Is this going to be a colossal shame of "what we could have done with this offense if we had a defense"?

I DON'T THINK SO!

Think about what we've witnessed so far. Yes Haley is an idiot but Ben is mentally tough enough to handle him, and yes we lost to the Raiders for God sake but we always lose to the Raiders, and yes we are 1-2 while Cinci and Baltimore are 1 1/2 games ahead of us and look pretty good..... but it's early.

We should be getting key players back who, despite age and diminished skills, are integral to the operation of the defense.

Despite the fact that I am not a huge fan of Mendenhall he will provide another weapon which will allow the offense to operate at another level.

And I think it's fair to say that we all know the defense is better than they have looked so it's just a matter of getting some things to gel and I think this can be a 11-5 team and still win the division.

This week we entertain a team who is schizophrenic and has a mental midget, turnover machine, bad decision making, over-rated, fragile, inaccurate passer running the offense. This could be exactly what the doctor ordered to get this season off and running!

THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT!

SnakeEyes43
10-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Our "tough years" are going to be the first four or five after Ben retires.

Right now we still have time to turn this season around. I'd rather get off to a rough start and then get on track, than start off tough and fall apart in the post season. Getting Troy, Harrison, and Mendy back this week will give us a good indication of how this team could look the rest of the year (health permitting).

Big T
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Please explain how Todd Haley is an idiot...

LatrobePA
10-05-2012, 10:43 AM
I just ripped the monitor off my desk and pissed all over it, thanks for this thread!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2012, 10:45 AM
It's a big week coming up, even if guys coming back aren't 100% healthy their impact should be significant if for no other reason than emotion.

It's like they always say you're never as good as you think you are or as bad as they say you are.

I'm not sure I get the Haley is an idiot thing either.

coldrolled
10-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Hopefully we get a new QB in to groom before Ben is done.. Batch and Leftwich will be like 60 by the time Ben is done.

Well have to give up on those vets then right. by 60 right?

SnakeEyes43
10-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Yes, please do. I was wondering this as well.

Speeed
10-05-2012, 11:25 AM
No worries. If they cn sit upright on the bench and fog a mirror, they can ride along.

Hopefully we get a new QB in to groom before Ben is done.. Batch and Leftwich will be like 60 by the time Ben is done.

Well have to give up on those vets then right. by 60 right?

scudmissile29
10-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I think the Steelers offense has been amazing so far this season, through the passing game that is.

Stone
10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, please do. I was wondering this as well.

Seriously? The guy simply can't play well with others and it's only a matter of time before he blows up at Ben when Ben continues to ignore him. He has a track record that can't be ignored. The question is, can the Steelers organization keep him in check?

LatrobePA
10-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Seriously? The guy simply can't play well with others and it's only a matter of time before he blows up at Ben when Ben continues to ignore him. He has a track record that can't be ignored. The question is, can the Steelers organization keep him in check?

LOL.... BA was a blow up doll on the sidelines Ben got to rape, for Ben to be great (which he has been so far this year) he needs some tough love and Haley is the guy to give it... I hope they do have some blow ups at least we'll know he's doing his job!

Stone
10-05-2012, 12:01 PM
LOL.... BA was a blow up doll on the sidelines Ben got to rape, for Ben to be great (which he has been so far this year) he needs some tough love and Haley is the guy to give it... I hope they do have some blow ups at least we'll know he's doing his job!

I agree 100% with every word of this. My concern is that Haley has never been able to keep his "differences" to a healthy level. He has been unceremoniously booted out the door everywhere he has been and he has been a total douche bag in the process. Are we next?

Big T
10-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Maybe he's a hot head. Sure, he's got an ego. But he's good for this team and he sure as hell isn't an idiot. The man is a very, very bright offensive mind. No matter where he's been, he's game planned around the strengths of the offense and it's worked beautifully. In Arizona with Kurt Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, they were a dominant team through the air. In KC with Jamal Charles and Thomas Jones, they were 1st in the league in rushing. This offense right now is as explosive as its ever been, and whenever we get a running game going, it'll be unstoppable. The man knows how to run an offense. He can have his moments where his emotions take over, but if he was really such a pain in the *** to deal with, do you really think Breaston would've signed with KC while he was there. He knew more than anyone what Haley was all about. "Coach Haley’s not always a butthole." lol.

Real Deal Steel
10-05-2012, 02:14 PM

Stone...you sound foolish. That was the same rap against Corey Dillion when he went to the Patriots. How did that turn out? Haley was with perrinial losing organizations.

Real Deal Steel
10-05-2012, 02:35 PM
The fact of the matter is that this team has been winning with guys who were "Cowher" guys. With those Cowher guys getting old and being on their way out, we are seeing these new guys come in but they are not up to snuff.

Tomlin's true test will come by the guys who are now being drafted in the last two-three years and by how they play. And Colbert is equally responsible.

Stone
10-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Ummmmmm..........Dillon was a player not a coach......there is a totally different standard for professionalism. Haley was with the Cardinals in the superbowl against the Steelers, and won the AFC west in 2010. And I sound foolish?

Nolrog
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM

I agree. Steelers went through the entire pre-season without their best back and one of their top receivers, having their likely starting guard go down with injury all the while learning a completely brand new offensive system. Given all that, the offense is playing pretty well, even without running the ball.

connecticutsteel
10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
This whole thred is base on something that may or may not happen and that idiot almost beat us in the super bowl with his offensive adjustments

LevonKirkland99
10-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Everyone is an analyst now....IT is still a looong season. You can say the same thing about the Ravens...

Speeed
10-05-2012, 10:38 PM
That is called talent. Just wait until they can develop an enhanced feel for the new offensive system. Wow!

I agree. Steelers went through the entire pre-season without their best back and one of their top receivers, having their likely starting guard go down with injury all the while learning a completely brand new offensive system. Given all that, the offense is playing pretty well, even without running the ball.

Real Deal Steel
10-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Ummmmmm..........Dillon was a player not a coach......there is a totally different standard for professionalism. Haley was with the Cardinals in the superbowl against the Steelers, and won the AFC west in 2010. And I sound foolish?

Stone, your going around "assuming" what MAY happen. That is down right foolish. And you know what they say about 'assume"

Stone
10-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Stone, your going around "assuming" what MAY happen. That is down right foolish. And you know what they say about 'assume"

I'm not assuming anything, and I never said Haley wasn't an offensive genius, I said he's an idiot, and history shows that.

We've all worked with that guy who is brilliant but is an idiot.

connecticutsteel
10-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I think Haley will tone down his ego because The Rooney's have known him since he was a kid .His father worked for the Steelers and the last thing you want to do is embarrass your family.I don't think he cared what those other cities/teams thought of him this is his dream job besides head coach of the Steelers.this thred doesn't hold much water

Stone
10-06-2012, 10:28 AM
I think Haley will tone down his ego because The Rooney's have known him since he was a kid .His father worked for the Steelers and the last thing you want to do is embarrass your family.I don't think he cared what those other cities/teams thought of him this is his dream job besides head coach of the Steelers.this thred doesn't hold much water

Well.....If the only thing anyone wants to talk about is Haley, I gotta agree with ya.

connecticutsteel
10-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Now let's talk defense the scheme that everyone that hates lebeau is talking about is the 3-4 defense .There is nothing wrong with our scheme ..The problem is that the younger players don't have enough experience yet this is an unfortunate byproduct of sitting the young players for the first 1 or 2 seasons unless need dictates otherwise like Pouncey,but that was because he was a real talent and because we needed a center but the perfect example is Curtis Brown i think he could and would be starting for any other team that had a need at corner.What happens if Taylor gets hurt?But to be honest i personally think Ike has lost a step or two this year there seems to be a lot of space between him and the recievers

HUNT4SEVEN
10-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Maybe he's a hot head. Sure, he's got an ego. But he's good for this team and he sure as hell isn't an idiot. The man is a very, very bright offensive mind. No matter where he's been, he's game planned around the strengths of the offense and it's worked beautifully. In Arizona with Kurt Warner, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, they were a dominant team through the air. In KC with Jamal Charles and Thomas Jones, they were 1st in the league in rushing. This offense right now is as explosive as its ever been, and whenever we get a running game going, it'll be unstoppable. The man knows how to run an offense. He can have his moments where his emotions take over, but if he was really such a pain in the *** to deal with, do you really think Breaston would've signed with KC while he was there. He knew more than anyone what Haley was all about. "Coach Haley’s not always a butthole." lol.

AGREED, the problem is not on offense, the defensive schemes has to change plain and simple that's where the problem is...