PDA

View Full Version : Eagles aware of McLendon and Brown's "comments"

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2012, 04:03 PM
The Steelers have zero room to trash talk right now but the Eagles are apparently taking the recent comments from McLendon and AB as trash talk.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – First, Steelers nose tackle Steve McClendon had some less than complimentary things to say how to go about defending Michael Vick. “He’s trying to be the quarterback he’s not,” he said. Then wide receiver Antonio Brown referred to Eagles rookie cornerback Brandon Boykin as “a candy bar.”

Eagles defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins says the Eagles aren’t fazed by any of Steelers’ talk. “We’re fully aware of all it coming out,” Jenkins told 94WIP’s Michael Barkann and Ike Reese on Thursday. “I’m not sure what it is, maybe it’s just that division out there, with Baltimore and them, they like to get a lot of chatter going and stuff like that, but it’s our job to just remain focused. We’re aware of it, we’re going to take it to heart, we take it as a challenge and we just want to talk back by our play. We want to let our play do the talking for us.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/cullen-jenkins-responds-to-steelers-trash-talk/

LatrobePA
10-04-2012, 04:09 PM
3-1 vs 1-2 this team shouldn't be talking at all! Eagles done something the Steelers couldn't last year, BEAT THE RAVENS!

Zachintosh66
10-04-2012, 04:12 PM
:duh: watch Vick have his best game all year...

i hope the defense is pissed off and hungry, that would be a nice change.

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Guys, you're not Peezy. Please shut up.

ChucktownSteeler
10-04-2012, 09:41 PM
There should be no talk when you are 1-2.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Guys, you're not Peezy. Please shut up.

I was thinking the same thing; nobody did it better than Peezy. Even when we were losing and he was talking trash it didn't bother me so much because that was part of his game and he backed it up.

We haven't backed up anything this year yet.

Stone
10-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah....I wish they would just shut up! But it's hard when you are preparing to face the most overpaid, and over-rated QB, in the history of the NFL:lol:

LatrobePA
10-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Now Vick is firing back, "those guys can talk all they want but we will kill them just like I did that poodle"

SnakeEyes43
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Now Vick is firing back, "those guys can talk all they want but we will kill them just like I did that poodle"

Ben quickly replied via Twitter:
"C'mon Vick, really? You know my recievers are going to rape your DBs come Sunday. Andrea Mcnulty had a better shot at fixing my broken TV than you do of winning. #FTW."

LatrobePA
10-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Ben quickly replied via Twitter:
"C'mon Vick, really? You know my recievers are going to rape your DBs come Sunday. Andrea Mcnulty had a better shot at fixing my broken TV than you do of winning. #FTW."

Great! LOLOLOL

Stone
10-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Vick replied "C'mon Ben, really, it's not about the "dog in the hunt"....it's about the "hunt in the dog"! You know we will be all over your weak corners like stink on a big dog! And despite the fact that it's a dod-eat-dog world when you play the Steelers, I don't think I will throw up more than 3 wounded ducks in this game".

Real Deal Steel
10-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Now we are having a war of words on twitter? wow. really stupid. This team doesn't know how to handle it's buisness on and off the the field. Great discipline you have on your team coach Tomlin.

Big T
10-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Now we are having a war of words on twitter? wow. really stupid. This team doesn't know how to handle it's buisness on and off the the field. Great discipline you have on your team coach Tomlin.
Blaming Tomlin for made up quotes...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/001/582/picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

Rampage
10-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Who the hell is McLendon? I heard that he plays for the Steelers, but I've never seen him play.