PDA

View Full Version : Wallace vs Asomugha should be a good one to watch

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2012, 11:11 AM
You have to think that the Eagles will put Nnamdi Asomugha one on one with Wallace for a good portion of the game, and maybe mix in some Rodgers-Cromartie as well depending on how the Steelers lineup. If they move him, NA, around then he'd go up against Antonio Brown and then the Eagles could roll an extra coverage man over to help out on either side.

Leaving both AB and Wallace alone one on one all day is risky but if they find themselves able to cover both guys in that manner it could be trouble since that frees up an extra player in the pass rush.

This will be an interesting matchup; the first time this season that Wallace will potentially have an elite corner covering all game long. Does he win those battles? Does Ben even go after him very much?

Ben has never been the type to shy away from any DB so I expect he'll take some shots to whoever NA is covering but I wouldn't expect him to go that way all day long unless he has early success.

LatrobePA
10-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Wallace will smoke him... NA is overrated!

SnakeEyes43
10-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if the first play is a long bomb to Wallace. Set the tone.

Goodfrom55
10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Steelers will not be beaten by the Eagles; if they lose this game, it will be because the Steelers beat themselves - again.
NA is overrated and goes too much for the first move. If given time, Ben shouldshread this defense. Hope Mendy makes a difference in the running game.

Big T
10-03-2012, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't call Asomugha overrated... He was arguably (along with Revis) the best corner in the game during his time in Oakland. He was used absolutely the wrong way last season, but has fallen off a bit. I don't think anyone considers him the best anymore, which is why I wouldn't call him overrated.

I will say this though, if Wallace can get off Asomugha's jam, it'll be a long day for Nnamdi. If they were smart, they'd put DRC on Wallace. DRC is at least close in terms of speed.

LatrobePA
10-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Last year he was torched game after game, IMO highly overrated...

SnakeEyes43
10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
It's not that Wallace is a better WR than Asomugha is a CB, but Wallace is just not a great match up for Nnamdi. Like mentioned, if Mike can get around the jam, he will have a solid day.

Big T
10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Last year he was torched game after game, IMO highly overrated...

You just have a thing for corners (*cough* Ike *cough*) lol...

LatrobePA
10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Lol I was hoping so bad we could of signed NA but when he went to the "dream team" and struggled I felt better with our old sorry *** Ike! Hahahaha

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't call Asomugha overrated... He was arguably (along with Revis) the best corner in the game during his time in Oakland. He was used absolutely the wrong way last season, but has fallen off a bit. I don't think anyone considers him the best anymore, which is why I wouldn't call him overrated.

I will say this though, if Wallace can get off Asomugha's jam, it'll be a long day for Nnamdi. If they were smart, they'd put DRC on Wallace. DRC is at least close in terms of speed.

Had Revis not been hurt, I wonder how much he would have been on Wallace vs AB. I wouldn't be surprised if they do use DRC on Wallace too, maybe mix up the two coverages to see how each fairs.

I agree he was used poorly last year, and really was new to the system. I still think he's one of the best corners in the league, especially cover corners in particular. Wallace needs to get the jump on him, or whoever is covering him early and get behind them because I'm not convinced he, Wallace, would win many one on one jump balls.

jpele
10-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Asomugha's game is bump and run and with the Eagles he is basicaly relearning how to play.

SteelerCountry58
10-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Wallace will smoke him... NA is overrated!
Thats what I was gonna say. He's not the player people thought he was. He gets
burned alot,especially against taller speed runners like Wallace. DRC is the Eagles
best CB for sure and I'd exploit the hell out of their weak safety positions with a
healthy dose of Heath Miller for at least 8 catches or more. Their DL will get pressure
on Ben so expect alot of roll out passes and scrambling from Ben this week too.

Real Deal Steel
10-04-2012, 12:52 AM
The obvious mismatch in our favor is Sanders in the slot. But I'd like to see them move Wallace around a little. Like Arizona does Fitzgerald. It sure gives the Eagles coverage fits.

connecticutsteel
10-04-2012, 08:02 AM
There will be no long bombs in this game do to a pourous O-LINE look for short passes to Miller and hopfully we can get some swing passes to Rainey and hope he holds on if he gets crushed.,Bubble screens .I'm hoping we can get Colon to reach his blocks on the plays he pulls or it will be another long day.I'm also interested to see how Mendy runs in front of a fullback it is different than what he is used to

Real Deal Steel
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Stupid Steeler players admit they are targeting Bradon Boykins (third cornerback) of the Eagles. This is from profootballtalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/04/steelers-regard-brandon-boykin-as-the-candy-bar/

Real Deal Steel
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
They called Brandon Boykins "Candy Bar". This teams talks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Just ****ing play and shut up!

LatrobePA
10-04-2012, 12:11 PM
They called Brandon Boykins "Candy Bar". This teams talks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Just ****ing play and shut up!

3-1 vs 1-2 team, I'd have to agree STFU and play you stiffs!

Big T
10-04-2012, 12:36 PM

"They" didn't call him a candy bar, your boy Antonio Brown did lol. In all seriousness though, he needs to keep it closed. Especially when Antonio contributed to the loss last week.

Real Deal Steel
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Don't just put it on Brown. You know how locker rooms work! That term is being used all through that locker room. Doesn't mean Brown started it. It's the opinion of the team. But your right..that fumble he had in the 4th quarter was a killer.

Big T
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Don't just put it on Brown. You know how locker rooms work! That term is being used all through that locker room. Doesn't mean Brown started it. It's the opinion of the team. But your right..that fumble he had in the 4th quarter was a killer.

I wasn't saying that he started it or is the only one saying it. Though I am saying that he's the only one who didn't realize that talking to the media about it probably isn't the best idea. Again, not saying he's the only one, but he's the only one running his mouth outside the lockerroom.

LatrobePA
10-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Brown needs to stop the wake and bake first down marches and just play ball... I love him but after last week let's just get a WIN!

SteelerCountry58
10-04-2012, 07:27 PM
The stupid comments and "thuggish" behavior should fall directly
in freakin Tomlin's lap. This team lacks discipline and accountability.
Tomlin is way too close,trying to be one of the "boys" and shrugging
things off as "It is what it is" etc... F that!
Maybe thats why this team lacks focus and a drive to become better players.:evilshake: