PDA

View Full Version : David DeCastro spotted walking without a limp

connecticutsteel
10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
This weekend at the WVU GAME http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/30/decastro-walking-without-a-limp-five-weeks-after-severe-knee-injury/

LatrobePA
10-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I'll be happy to see him blocking w out a limp!

Goodfrom55
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
If ready, it would be nice to get him back in the mix of things in early to mid November. However, if the Steelers **** the bed this season, which I don't think they will, but if they do, I keep him out all year and look forward to 2013.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-02-2012, 11:37 PM
I'll be happy to see him blocking w out a limp!

RIGHT!!!

coldrolled
10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
What actually happen to his knee? full tears or partial tears? MCL, PCL, ACL??

Big T
10-03-2012, 01:02 AM

MCL tear, dislocated knee cap, some patellar tendon damage. No damage to ACL or PCL. A lot better diagnosis than originally expected.

cmerrifield
10-03-2012, 08:32 AM
We play the Ravens weeks 11 and 13. I am really hoping he can play in both those games.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

connecticutsteel
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I really think that they will give him limited reps when he comes back .I doubt they will throw him in the fire.the Steelers proceed with caution with everything.Sometimes i think it makes things worse when they are too cautious.Although Gilbert and Pouncey were inserted right away out of nescesity.I actually can't wait till next season so the line can learn from a competent Offensive line coach Kugler should be gone next year.Seriously he has above average talent to work with on that line and they are horrible .Although that maybe solved by replacing Colon and Foster

connecticutsteel
10-03-2012, 09:16 AM

Marcus Gilbert happened to his knee!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Walking without a limp is one thing, running and blocking without one is another. You can walk without a limp a couple months after ACL surgery but that doesn't mean you're coming back anytime soon.

LatrobePA
10-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Marcus Gilbert happened to his knee!!!

Same with Dave Johnson...

scudmissile29
10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Walking without a limp is one thing, running and blocking without one is another. You can walk without a limp a couple months after ACL surgery but that doesn't mean you're coming back anytime soon.

ya.

he's done for the season, don't aggrevate the injury.

Dennis Dixon Oregon example.

connecticutsteel
10-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Acl AND MCL ARE WAY different i have blown both of them and walking briskly 5 weeks after what happened to him is a good sign
.He should be able to return this season. aS CONSERVATIVE AS THE Steelers are with there stars also tells me that they would have put him on the regular IR if there was not a good chance that he could make it back.and they would have signed someone to fill his spot

LatrobePA
10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Conservative or stupid? lol

steelchamp204
10-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Let him heal

cbyzerman
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Let him heal

If he is walking without a limp that is great news. if the injury was gonna be that serious he should still be on crutches. The thought was for him to make it back by December maybe he could make it back in Mid November.

connecticutsteel
10-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Conservative or stupid? lol

How is err ing on the side of caution stupid stupid would be rushing him back before he is ready.or putting players on the field that aren't ready for the field

LatrobePA
10-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Not what I was referring to as stupid. Stupid is the way the higher ups think at times for this team.

connecticutsteel
10-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Not what I was referring to as stupid. Stupid is the way the higher ups think at times for this team.

I know what you meant and i disagree stupid doesn't win 6 super bowls. Stupid is Jerry Jones and how he runs his team

ChucktownSteeler
10-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Good news, but still a long way to go. I am inclined to say shelve him till next year.

igor0190
10-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Good news, but still a long way to go. I am inclined to say shelve him till next year.

It's week 5! He's awlking without a limp! Not getting him playing time would be a huge mistake. He will be back around week 10 i would imagine. Get him some experience. If he takes Fosters spot then so be it.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2012, 09:13 AM
It’s been only five weeks since David DeCastro had surgery on his injured right knee, but the Steelers’ first-round pick is walking without a limp and feels no pain.

DeCastro tore the medial collateral ligament, dislocated his kneecap and damaged the patellar tendon when his right leg buckled under him during a preseason game Aug. 25 in Buffalo. He had surgery four days later.

“I don’t have any pain, so I’m just working hard to try to get back,” DeCastro said.

His rehab has consisted mostly of riding a stationary bike. He has yet to run but has been working out almost daily for a couple of weeks since he had a knee braced removed. He anticipates returning to the active roster later this season.

“I saw him (Wednesday) on the bike, and that was encouraging,” offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. “The key thing with an injury is that you stay in the mix mentally.”

DeCastro doesn’t have to rush, thanks to an injured reserve/designated to return rule passed a day after his surgery.
Players can begin practicing six weeks after they were designated to IR and can return to the active roster two weeks after their first practice.
The earliest DeCastro can practice is Oct. 19, and the earliest he can be removed from IR would be in time for the Nov. 4 game against the New York Giants. The Steelers have the option to keep DeCastro on injured reserve as long as they want.

http://triblive.com/sports/2724118-85/decastro-weeks-steelers-injured-surgery-haley-pain-active-aug-bike?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Stee lers+Stories%29#ixzz28QTf3fT4

connecticutsteel
10-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Based on this trib article my experience tells me that his mcl has already healed and is near 100% the slow part is the surgically repaired knee cap .I don't think he will be back on October 19th but if we are in the playoff mix then i think he would play the second Ravens game