PDA

View Full Version : Steelers defense: focus on Vick or McCoy?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Bye is over now, Eagles are next up. Based on Vick's performance so far this year, he's throwing for the yardage but his turnovers have been a killer. They're coming into our house next weekend and regardless of the outcome tonight vs the Giants they are going to need a win.

So if you're Lebeau, who do you concentrate on, McCoy and the runinng game or Vick and the passing game?

Tradition says you stop the run first and make them one dimensional. McCoy is definitely capable of taking over a game; the different with Vick is he is a runner too so you have two backs to stop at any given time.

I say you still gotta stop the run, if you let get the ground game going Vick is going to have chances down field all day long.

LatrobePA
09-30-2012, 09:14 PM
All of the above!

Steveo
09-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Stop McCoy, make Vic try and beat us. Should be good for a couple of turnovers.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I know Vick has been working on being a better passing QB, and he's been putting some nice touches on the ball, but definitely make Vick beat you through the air and don't let McCoy get going. Also they better fly to the ball and get a couple of guys on him because he can shake his way out of a tackle as well as anyone.

Real Deal Steel
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
We've got to stop the run first. Then worry about Vick on 3rd and long.

In a strange way, one thing that works in our favor is that we can't rush the passer well so that may allow the D-line and LB's to stay in their lanes so Vick can't take off running.

LarryNJ
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I was shocked that Andy Reid gave McCoy that many touches last night. History shows he simply loves to pass. Maybe he has finally realized he has a top 3 RB but I doubt it. I'd guess that AR is licking his chops watching our pass D films. McCoy will get 10-12 running plays and Vick will be firing away.

SteelDad
10-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Reid finally smartened-up last night and started to get McCoy the ball more and go back to the true west coast passing attack. This rarely happens two weeks in a row. First focus should be stopping McCoy and forcing Vick to beat us. If he does, he will have earned it.

Nolrog
10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Stop McCoy, make Vic try and beat us. Should be good for a couple of turnovers.

I agree.

muncher
10-01-2012, 02:43 PM
the best bet is to make vick beat us. unfortunately i dont think we will be able to stop either.

papabaier
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
i agree with Muncher. Haven't seen anything this year that suggests we can stop either facet of Eagles O. I just hope we can outscore them