PDA

View Full Version : Should Ryan Lee be given a chance to compete with Willie Colon for LG ?

connecticutsteel
09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Lee had a good pre-season i thought Lee outplayed Beachum anyway he also ran a 5.0 40 at 306 that's fast compared to Colon's 5.36 or Foster's 5.6 the slowest @ the 2009 combine any way i could not find any video of beachum playing but here is some tape of Lee playing 3 positions http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dx3_wKqwRLU you judge for yourself sometimes i think the Steelers are loyal to a fault.hE CAN'T BE any worse than the guard play is now

cbrunn
09-29-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree i think he definitely needs to be given a shot

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Nah, no way you give up on Colon yet. He's barely played in nearly two years and before that it was Tackle. We've all been screaming for him to be switched to Guard and now we got our wish. He's just going to need to time to adjust to a different role.

At RT you aren't asked to pull very often and you're main job is to pass protect or seal the play in or out. Now he's got guys on both sides and he's doing more pulling, a different technique that he just has to learn.

SteelerCountry58
09-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Wouldn't hurt to carry Lee up with the team especially with our walking wounded crew
that never fails to find a way to leave the game. They say Lee has "short arms"?
Didn't they say that about a guy named Mike Webster too?? LOL

coach
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM
When a team is 1-2, you would thnk everyone's job is potentially on the line in the sense one player could replace another based on performance. I think they should all compete and the non-performers should be replaced. But with this many injuries, how do we even know what to expect from the starting O-line.

Zachintosh66
09-29-2012, 04:03 PM
If it means cutting Legs Im all for it... But lets be real Colon will be fine and Foster is our 6th best OL... so I dont think Lee is gonna "unseat" anyone for actual playing time.

Get7With7
09-29-2012, 05:15 PM
So we want to see Colon unseated by someone who played against 3rd stringers in preseason?

Nolrog
09-29-2012, 05:35 PM
If it means cutting Legs Im all for it...

Legs is the only back up to Pouncey.

connecticutsteel
09-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Who said anything about giving Ryan Lee Colon's job i didn't but if Lee was in the rotation and played well who cares who he blocked in the pre season . Again i'm not giving up on Colon and and colon can learn how to pull all he wants if he is too slow to reach the blocks in time the hole won't open.Foster is too slow to play guard he better suited to play tackle imo

Sean Kugler is another problem Haley isn't going to accept 28th in rushing

Zachintosh66
09-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Legs is the only back up to Pouncey.

yeah and ??? it goes from pro bowl to toilet bowl, he needs flushed. Lee is listed as C/G

Big T
09-29-2012, 11:29 PM
I'd like to see Lee have a spot over Legs and Beachum or sure. It's taking time for Colon to acclimate, as expected, but he's had some good moments. I think he's gonna be a very good guard, as he's shown flashes, but just needs more time. I just wish DeCastro was healthy. That damn near broke my heart :(

Nolrog
09-30-2012, 07:46 AM
yeah and ??? it goes from pro bowl to toilet bowl, he needs flushed. Lee is listed as C/G

So if You cut Legs and Pouncey gets hurt, then what? Legs is actually a decent C backup (though terrible at guard.). Can you say the same for Lee?

cmerrifield
09-30-2012, 08:25 AM
So if You cut Legs and Pouncey gets hurt, then what? Legs is actually a decent C backup (though terrible at guard.). Can you say the same for Lee?

You give him a call, he will be sitting at home just like Essex is.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

LatrobePA
09-30-2012, 09:51 AM
You give him a call, he will be sitting at home just like Essex is.

Was Essex was signed shortly after being cut.

cmerrifield
09-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Was Essex was signed shortly after being cut.

And cut 2 weeks later by the Colts

BlitzburghRockCity
10-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Lee get a shot over Beachum that's for sure, he certainly couldn't do any worse. Beachum was a converted Tackle, maybe Lee can be a converted Guard...oh wait that mean Legs would still be playing Guard if one of them gets hurt, scratch that..LOL.

I'm fine with Legs as a backup Center, he's adequate enough. He's one of those guys that'll be with the team forever, like Hoke was at NT.

connecticutsteel
10-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Saturday,October 29th Steelers 1st rd phenom David DeCastro was spotted walking briskly without a limp at the WVU vs Baylor game he in attendance with his college friend and Colts QB Andrew Luck .Luck's father Oliver is the ATHLETIC Director at WVU This is a good sign considering he is only just over 5 weeks removed from the injury