PDA

View Full Version : Early thoughts on the Eagles game coming up

CowherPower
09-28-2012, 01:46 PM
I'll probably try and catch some of the Eagles game this weekend since I haven't watched them too much this year, other than when they played Baltimore and came back on that game winning drive. Other than that though, Vick has been downright bad at times this year and inconsistent the rest of the time.

LeSean McCoy is having a decent year so far for them, he's their big threat as far as I'm concerened. If our defense can't shut him down it's going to be a long day.

Vick as a passer doesn't scare me at all but if they let him get into a groove, especially with a working ground game to take the pass rush off then it could be trouble. Wait who am I kidding, we don't have a pass rush....

He's got just over 900 yds passing so far but also 6 interceptions to only 3 touchdowns and he's been sacked 9 times, fumbled 3 and lost 1.

Their defense is good but not great. They allow 17 ppg which is very good, and they don't give up many long drives; something the Steelers have been doing all year long on offense. They aren't very opportunistic in terms of splash plays or game changing turnovers though; maybe because they are on the field a lot and have been dealing with short field because of Vick's constant turnovers himself.

What else do you all have?

Big T
09-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Our offense will be fine against their defense, if Ben can get any time at all. They have some guys who can rush the passer though. I'm not sure about our defense. Either we'll finally get a couple turnovers or we make it look like Vick is back lol... Idk man.

DBR96A
09-28-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm glad this game is in Pittsburgh. Maybe the defense can get a couple of turnovers from the Eagles, who are quite charitable so far this season. With that said, the Steelers have never beaten a team with Michael Vick at QB, so for all we know, they'll still score some points.

As for the offense, I bet the Eagles won't get to Ben Roethlisberger eight times. I doubt they would have in 2008 either if the Steelers hired Todd Haley instead of Bruce Arians in 2007. Haley has already channeled Roethlisberger better than Arians ever did.

I think the Steelers will win this game, but it'll be tight because of the Vick factor. I see a final score like 27-20 or 27-23.

LatrobePA
09-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Should be an easy win, Vick sucks ball sack!

DBR96A
09-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Should be an easy win, Vick sucks ball sack!

Then again, we said the same about the Raiders...

LatrobePA
09-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Then again, we said the same about the Raiders...

I know, dammit it's Friday and I'm just trying end the week on a positive note..

Nolrog
09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Eagles have 12 TOs in 3 games. If the Steelers don't get a couple, I'm going to be very disappointed.

LatrobePA
09-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Eagles have 12 TOs in 3 games. If the Steelers don't get a couple, I'm going to be very disappointed.

A few more and Vick will be a back up... He's awful!

papabaier
09-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Our dee will cure Eagles ills. Our O will bail them out.

muncher
09-28-2012, 04:09 PM
i'll predict we make vick look like a superstar where he runs and throws at will against us. it will be a high scoring game and only if ben is near perfect do we win.

BubbyBlister
09-28-2012, 04:50 PM
i'll predict we make vick look like a superstar where he runs and throws at will against us. it will be a high scoring game and only if ben is near perfect do we win. Heck the Steelers always made him look like a superstar in the past so this wouldn't surprise me at all. They also Made Tebow look like one in the playoffs.

SnakeEyes43
09-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Yuck, I just got flashbacks of the OT game vs the Falcons, with Bell chasing Vick all over the place.

LarryNJ
09-28-2012, 09:00 PM
The Eagles have one of the top 3 RB's in the league but AR will have Vick throw it 50 times and McCoy get 10 touches. If we get pressure on Vick he'll make huge mistakes. They lost Jason Peters on their line which is huge loss. If we don't pressure Vick he'll still make mistakes but he'll also get the ball to Jackson, Macklin & McCoy who will make some big plays. Their offense can be scarey good at times and a joke at other times.

The only thing that scares me about their D is the pass rush. If we can't run the ball again they will pin it back and probably get to Ben 4 or 5 times.

The Eagles will also be coming off an emotional game this Sunday against their biggest rivalry. I look for the Steelers to win with Ben having a good game and Rainey taking on to the house on a screen pass.

Real Deal Steel
09-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Don't like the match up in this game. They can really get after the QB and with no run game anyone respects, it will be open season on Ben. There cornerbacks are above average.

We can't cover the Raiders receivers, so how do we cover Maclin and Jackson? Doesn't look good.

LatrobePA
09-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Kill Vick! That's how you stop his WR's..

Black@Gold Forever32
09-29-2012, 09:31 AM
I really expect this game to be a shoot out.........I just don't have any confidence in the Steelers D right now.......Hope the OL can protect Ben or it will be a long day.......

ChucktownSteeler
09-29-2012, 11:43 AM
At 1-2 and the bye-week will be behind us at that time, this game could very well help determine the season. There is a world of difference between 2-2 and 1-3. Is it too early for this to be a "must win" (factoring in 2 AFC losses already)?

We need a good old fashioned 8 game winning streak!

C-town

scudmissile29
09-29-2012, 12:12 PM
On October 8th, either they will say the inconsistent poor schemed defense "is back" or Michael Vick from 2010 "is back"

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I think it will be a hard tough game as well but coming off the bye week and having 2 weeks to prepare for this game and being able to get some key guys back and playing at home I think the Steelers will be able to win this game and get back on track. They really need to win these two games they have coming up here against the Eagles and Titans in a span of 4 days. If they can get to 3-2 going into the Bengals game on the 21st with 10 days to prepare for that one they will be in good shape...

Troyisabeast_43
09-29-2012, 01:06 PM
At 1-2 and the bye-week will be behind us at that time, this game could very well help determine the season. There is a world of difference between 2-2 and 1-3. Is it too early for this to be a "must win" (factoring in 2 AFC losses already)?

We need a good old fashioned 8 game winning streak!

C-townIf the Steelers can get these next 2 wins with the Eagles and Titans and get to 3-2 they will be in good shape. The Ravens already played 3 home games and their schedule gets a lot tougher the next 3-4 games. They have to play at KC which is never an easy place to play,they host the Cowboys and then go on the road to Houston the next 3 games. So if the Steelers can take care of business in these next 2-3 games and win them which they definitely can do they will be tied with the Ravens in the loss column with the Ravens only having a game up in the win column because they havent had their bye week yet...

SteelerCountry58
09-29-2012, 01:25 PM
The Eagles have a tough Sunday night game against the Giants and should
be ripe for the picking when they travel to the 'Burgh after that and a Steeler bye.
Steelers 27-17.

coach
09-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Will someone on the O-line come up gimpy? Will the receivers fumble the ball? Will we run strech plays out of the backfield? Right now the scariest team in the NFL is the Steelers. Injuries have prevented us from fielding a real starting line-up. 1-3 would be dreadful.

Speeed
09-29-2012, 02:58 PM
We always seem a play away and an injury away from greatness. This year especially. The year we won the SB, everything went our way - challenges, health, turnovers, plays, luck, and karma. The last few years all of that has gone against us. This year, so far, seems to be somewhere in the middle.

Will someone on the O-line come up gimpy? Will the receivers fumble the ball? Will we run strech plays out of the backfield? Right now the scariest team in the NFL is the Steelers. Injuries have prevented us from fielding a real starting line-up. 1-3 would be dreadful.

LevonKirkland99
09-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Not sure about luck, but I think the defense will stink in this game (again). Probably Vick will have a field day. I just don't have any confidence in our D.

If you wanna talk about luck, look at the Ravens, they loose many players and they still manage to win games this year, albeit its early in the season...

Farrior Fan
09-30-2012, 10:39 PM
We are going to have to keep a spy on Vick, maybe one of our CBs that has good speed can line up at ILB (not like Timmons is doing anything)

Big T
09-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Glad the Eagles won tonight. Pittsburgh coming off a loss, hungry/desperate with a week to prepare. Philly coming off a late emotional, divisional victory, less desperation. Plus it's in Pittsburgh. I like our chances next weekend. It'll be tough, but I think we pull it off.

Real Deal Steel
10-02-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm thinking that because of the quality of the outside Cornerbacks of the Eagles, Sanders in the slot could be a real weapon. Not saying we totally ignore Brown or Wallace but I like the matchup in the slot a lot.

Maybe...just maybe...Mendenhall coming back will give the O-line and the coaching staff more confidence in trying to run the ball and committing to the run more then what they've been. Subsequently, maybe Mendy coming back will inspire the O-line to focus on their run blocking execution? Okay....maybe I'm reaching. But I'm desperate.

connecticutsteel
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
If we can keep Ben clean and limit the damage on defense we should win

LarryNJ
10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking that because of the quality of the outside Cornerbacks of the Eagles, Sanders in the slot could be a real weapon. Not saying we totally ignore Brown or Wallace but I like the matchup in the slot a lot.

I agree, I look for Sanders and Miller to have huge games.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I was thinking Sanders and Miller would have big games against the Jets too, until Revis went out and then it was a free for all.

The Eagles won't be afraid to put NA one on one against Wallace and see how they fair; but if it's anyone other than NA then you'll see some double coverage on Wallace.

We keep saying Sanders is going to break out and have a big game but so far that's just not happening yet, nobody keys on this guy in coverage which is a mistake if we ever can take advantage of it. Maybe this is that week.

LatrobePA
10-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I think it'll be hard for anyone to have a break out game with Ben throwing to 10 different targets per game, and this isn't a knock just plain truth..

Real Deal Steel
10-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Ben has to get the ball out of his hands against the Eagles. Eagles have a pass rush and I don't want Ben to take a beating.

Big T
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
When justifying my prediction that the Steelers will beat the Eagles on Sunday at Heinz Field, I opted for the visceral.

Based on living most of my life within 100 miles of Pittsburgh, this simply isn’t a game the Steelers lose.

Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com opted for evidence slightly more tangible.* He writes that the Steelers are 19-2-1 against NFC teams at Heinz Field.* In their last four home games against NFC opponents, the Steelers have won by the combined score of 93-12.

Moreover, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is 13-1 at home against NFC opponents.

Then there’s the fact that Eagles teams under Andy Reid have gone 0-9 on the road against AFC teams that went to the playoffs.* Though the Steelers still may not go to the playoffs, the Steelers are still the Steelers.

If the Eagles can somehow win at Heinz Field, it will mean that Philly is a very good team.* Or the Steelers are uncharacteristically bad.* Or both.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/05/history-doesnt-favor-eagles-on-sunday/