PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Willie Colon at Guard so far?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2012, 02:53 PM
He's been admittedly struggling so far not only in protection but he's also been flagged a few times for holding or false starts.

ďOne thing Iíve learned in the three games Iíve been playing at my position is a lot of what I do makes runs go, as far as pulling and clearing holes,Ē Colon said. ďI personally havenít been efficient with that. Iím trying my best and working my tail off. There are a lot of blocks that I see, if I were to be more detailed in my work and better at what I do, maybe our run average would be better.Ē

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2661707-85/yards-steelers-running-game-redman-run-rushing-games-mendenhall-haley#ixzz27h4LffOO

Fortunatley both Pouncey and Starks have been able to stay healthy this year but like anything else this is yet another version of a line and all we can do is be patient until they all get their act together and get on the same page consistently.

LatrobePA
09-27-2012, 03:43 PM
So his comment basically sums up how we should feel? The running game is the worst it's been in 60+ years...

Goodfrom55
09-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Better than Legursky, but overall below expectations. All I know is Richard Seymour kicked his butt all over the field last Sunday. Seems like the line in general is not getting much push.

Regarding Holding penalties, etc. I guess we'll see what happens when the Steelers play Philly with real refs as to what gets called and what they let go.

SnakeEyes43
09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
He's been serviceable, but nothing special. Kinda what I expected from him.

connecticutsteel
09-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I KNEW IT WOULD TAKE A WHILE FOR HIM TOO ADJUST TO A NEW POSITION PLUS HE BASICALLY HAD 2 YEARS OFF.OURrunning game optimisim was based on ADAMS/STARKS Colon POUNCEY, DeCastro,Gilbert .Willie is the least of the problems the biggest mystery is how Kelvin Beachum made the team. I really think Kugler is on a life support and will be gone next year

Goodfrom55
09-28-2012, 09:46 AM
I KNEW IT WOULD TAKE A WHILE FOR HIM TOO ADJUST TO A NEW POSITION PLUS HE BASICALLY HAD 2 YEARS OFF.OURrunning game optimisim was based on ADAMS/STARKS Colon POUNCEY, DeCastro,Gilbert .Willie is the least of the problems the biggest mystery is how Kelvin Beachum made the team. I really think Kugler is on a life support and will be gone next year

SHocked how Beachum made the team as well. Would almost rather have Jonathan Scott. . .nah! nevermind. Beachum sucks though. Adams better get with it; he has a chance to shine.

jpele
09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Hard to say but for that money I could put on a couple pounds and try out at RG. Really how hard can it be to geto run over all day and false start every other play?