PDA

View Full Version : Who else saw Woodley on South Park? (episode link included)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Sarcastaball episode on South Park, with Lamarr Woodley.

Full episode here. http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s16e08-sarcastaball

The part with the Steelers starts at about 10:10 into the episode.

steelersgal86
09-27-2012, 11:50 AM
:duh: is all I have to say :lol:

UKSTEELER
09-27-2012, 12:01 PM
he's be a lot better if they'd have put him in a later episode . . . .

Raleigh Steel
09-27-2012, 01:27 PM
classic! the south park guys really know how to do satire! :hilarious:

jpele
09-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Now if Woodley would only spend some time away from twitter, facebook and cartoons and show up for a game.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Big T
09-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Now if Woodley would only spend some time away from twitter, facebook and cartoons and show up for a game.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You must be one of those fans I've been ranting about. The ones that see 2 sacks for the season and think the man has been nonexistent. Let's break it down again shall we?

Week 1: Woodley was rushed ten total times. TEN. What do you expect from him in that situation. He was decent enough in coverage and played the run well.

Week 2: Woodley was a man amongst boys against NY. The stat sheet may only say 1 sack but he had 6 other QB hits, not to mention a hand full more hurries. This all with dropping into coverage more than he should.

Week 3: dropped into coverage more than he rushed. Very good pressure when he did rush and 1 sack. Played the run very well and had a couple tackles for loss.

Do you see a pattern here? He's not being utilized correctly by LeBeau (could be said about Timmons as well). Can you really blame the man for having a sack in 2 of the 3 games when he's barely being rushed. Not to mention LeBeau playing Wooldey like this when he's the only real threat to sack the QB with Harrison out, is absolutely mind blowing. And the fact that when he is allowed to rush hes been double teamed more than Randy Moss in New England, without Harrison out there. Woodley has played extremely well give the circumstances he's been asked to play under.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Wood is also one of those guys that typically doesn't start to come on until October. It's not uncommon for him to be quiet in the first month of the season. As Jpele said though too, Lebeau is dropping him in coverage alot, it's just what happens on the strong side of the defense that he plays on.

I wish he would rush more rather than dropping back too but it is what it is. If he stays healthy and if Harrison ever gets back I can see Wood ending up with 12-15 sacks this season. Wishful thinking maybe but based on past experience he's capable of it.

jpele
09-27-2012, 08:06 PM
You must be one of those fans I've been ranting about. The ones that see 2 sacks for the season and think the man has been nonexistent. Let's break it down again shall we?

Week 1: Woodley was rushed ten total times. TEN. What do you expect from him in that situation. He was decent enough in coverage and played the run well.

Week 2: Woodley was a man amongst boys against NY. The stat sheet may only say 1 sack but he had 6 other QB hits, not to mention a hand full more hurries. This all with dropping into coverage more than he should.

Week 3: dropped into coverage more than he rushed. Very good pressure when he did rush and 1 sack. Played the run very well and had a couple tackles for loss.

Do you see a pattern here? He's not being utilized correctly by LeBeau (could be said about Timmons as well). Can you really blame the man for having a sack in 2 of the 3 games when he's barely being rushed. Not to mention LeBeau playing Wooldey like this when he's the only real threat to sack the QB with Harrison out, is absolutely mind blowing. And the fact that when he is allowed to rush hes been double teamed more than Randy Moss in New England, without Harrison out there. Woodley has played extremely well give the circumstances he's been asked to play under.

Well big t you just keep ranting about me , in the mean time i'll quietlt wait for Woodley to break into the top 40 ( a place he's MIA in every defensive stat) it may be awhile thou at present LaMarr in ranked 251.

Big T
09-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Well big t you just keep ranting about me , in the mean time i'll quietlt wait for Woodley to break into the top 40 ( a place he's MIA in every defensive stat) it may be awhile thou at present LaMarr in ranked 251.

I make a post saying that his stats don't directly correlate to how he's played so far this season, so you come at me with stats lol. First of all, it looks like you just looked at his "tackles" stats lol. Yes he's in the 200s in tackles, but he's got equal or more solo tackles than Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Von Miller, Cameron Wake, Geno Atkins, Ndamukong Suh, Vince Wilfork, Justin Tuck, etc...)... Tackles don't mean he isn't doing his job in the run game or isn't getting pressure. He's also tied for 25th in sacks, but I guess you overlooked that.

jpele
09-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I make a post saying that his stats don't directly correlate to how he's played so far this season, so you come at me with stats lol. First of all, it looks like you just looked at his "tackles" stats lol. Yes he's in the 200s in tackles, but he's got equal or more solo tackles than Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, Von Miller, Cameron Wake, Geno Atkins, Ndamukong Suh, Vince Wilfork, Justin Tuck, etc...)... Tackles don't mean he isn't doing his job in the run game or isn't getting pressure. He's also tied for 25th in sacks, but I guess you overlooked that.

I didn ' t overlook anything, his ranking in total defense is 251 .that includes passes defensed, tackles and assists.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe they should have had Ben on Southpark instead of Woodley..might tone down the controversy..LOL

SnakeEyes43
09-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Maybe they should have had Ben on Southpark instead of Woodley..might tone down the controversy..LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzAvWgzF5jM