PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote questioning the defensive gameplan?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
When you read comments that Larry Foote made today, there's a couple ways you could interpret them.

" Sometimes, you can get caught up in just trying to play hard and aggressive, but youíre not trusting the defense. Not the other players, but the defense. And that canít happen. The bottom line is that we have to make a play when we get a chance."

I don't think he's saying that he doesn't trust Lebeau but rather that players are trying to do too much instead of just trusting the play call and doing you're own job. IMHO

Some sites are trying to turn this into a Foote doesn't trust Lebeau thing, but I don't buy him saying that statement with that intent personally.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Big T
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
When you read comments that Larry Foote made today, there's a couple ways you could interpret them.

" Sometimes, you can get caught up in just trying to play hard and aggressive, but youíre not trusting the defense. Not the other players, but the defense. And that canít happen. The bottom line is that we have to make a play when we get a chance."

I don't think he's saying that he doesn't trust Lebeau but rather that players are trying to do too much instead of just trusting the play call and doing you're own job. IMHO

Some sites are trying to turn this into a Foote doesn't trust Lebeau thing, but I don't buy him saying that statement with that intent personally.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

I don't understand that at all. You nailed it though. He meant it as everyone trying to do too much instead of focusing on just doing their job. You hear that a lot around the league. And for the sake of this season, let's hope this is their issue haha.

Goodfrom55
09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I think everyone associated with the Steelers is a little on edge over their less than impressive start. Most thought they would either be 3-0 or 2-1 after 3 games. Have to execute, but also defense can't allow the opposing offense the 5 and 6 yard passes all the way down the field either. Our corners are fast and physical; we need to use that to our advantage.

I don't think he is questions DLB; Tomlin going for it on 4th and 1 from the 29 says enough.

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 06:54 PM
There's no fire on defense, just flat base style D. It looks bad and quite honestly won't work! Time for change, this doesn't mean firing DL just making changes.

Goodfrom55
09-26-2012, 06:58 PM
There's no fire on defense, just flat base style D. It looks bad and quite honestly won't work! Time for change, this doesn't mean firing DL just making changes.

THANK YOU! Just go back to the drawing board.

LevonKirkland99
09-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Nope, FIRE lebeau and put Tomlin on the hot seat....wait, Tkmlin just got a big contract!!!

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I wanted Jack Del Rio.

jpele
09-26-2012, 09:19 PM
I wanted Jack Del Rio.

Why? Did you want someones leg chopped off . :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Why? Did you want someones leg chopped off . :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused (and polish)... Lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Wait, a polish person wants your legs, what? :bonk:

I was reading one blog and saw another site that's trying to paint Foote as saying he has no faith in the defense. For a guy that's been in football since 2002 and played every year in the same defense except one, he'd be the last guy to ever call out Lebeau or anything about his teammates.

Zachintosh66
09-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Foote as saying he has no faith in the defense

Seems legit... not sure I do either...

ChucktownSteeler
09-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Wait, a polish person wants your legs, what? :bonk:

I was reading one blog and saw another site that's trying to paint Foote as saying he has no faith in the defense. For a guy that's been in football since 2002 and played every year in the same defense except one, he'd be the last guy to ever call out Lebeau or anything about his teammates.

That is very true. Foote is the last player that should be questioning anyone.