PDA

View Full Version : Harrison leaves Steelers facility before practice..Agent says he suffered a setback

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 01:43 PM
According to Ed Bouchette, things aren't looking good for Harrison right now. After practicing yesterday; today was the day to see how he's really been able to progress in his healing. If he had swelling and pain then it's obviously not a good sign. The fact that he left before practice even started could mean there were issues with his knee.

Or it could just mean he had something personal to take care of...

@EdBouchette: LB James Harrison left #steelers facility in street clothes before practice. Not a good sign

Big T
09-26-2012, 01:49 PM
I hate all the speculation lol. He's got a couple weeks to get back and I'm sure he will be.

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
I hate all the speculation lol. He's got a couple weeks to get back and I'm sure he will be.

I agree but we've all been wishing and thinking he'll be back all summer and now it's week 4 and no James!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
More updated for EB..

Harrison left the Steelers training facility this morning in street clothes and did not practice. I was told his left knee was bothering him again. That’s the knee that has kept him virtually on the sidelines since the spring.

Goodfrom55
09-26-2012, 02:39 PM
SMH.........Why The @&$^%# did he wait so long to get the knee scoped / cleaned out? This was bothering him since May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you, as much as I love Harrison as a player, he will not be back next year unless he takes a significant pay cut.

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
SMH.........Why The @&$^%# did he wait so long to get the knee scoped / cleaned out? This was bothering him since May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you, as much as I love Harrison as a player, he will not be back next year unless he takes a significant pay cut.

I'll just be happy to have him back this year, that's not looking too good!

Zachintosh66
09-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Still wondering why we didnt PUP him or Mendy...

Might get Mendy back a few plays next game but you know it wont be a ton, so might as well have PUP'd one of them.

cmerrifield
09-26-2012, 03:35 PM
This will be his last season, unless he takes a paycut. It really should be Troy's too, between the two of them, they are about 1/6 of the cap.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Goodfrom55
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
The game is 11 days away; let's hope Harrison heals up enough to make an impact. There must be more to his knee than a clean up of the meniscus.

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Dang, was hoping he'd get a good two weeks of practice in.

Big T
09-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Dang, was hoping he'd get a good two weeks of practice in.

He practiced fully yesterday. Don't know what happened today though.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2012, 07:53 PM
All this talk of just wait and see what the defense looks like when Troy and James return is foolish.....Harrison is done and can't be counted on anymore....I loved the guy and he made a ton of plays for this team but he is done.....As for Troy even if he does return he will fly around like an idiot and give himself another concussion once he does return........but will be loved in the process but our QB continues to take shots by some of our fans....lol

muncher
09-26-2012, 07:55 PM
looks like james played this perfect.
not take care of his injury as soon as possible and rehab leading up to otas and camp but wait until otas to say its bothering you. miss having to practice while collecting the huge money..well done james, well done.

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2012, 07:57 PM
As for Troy even if he does return he will fly around like an idiot and give himself another concussion once he does return........but will be loved in the process but our QB continues to take shots by some of our fans....lol

:crazy:

Just kidding, I get your frustration. But the fact is that Ben is the leader of the team and pretty much the face of the organization...he's gonna take heat because we will win or lose based on how he plays. That's every game. Take into account Ben's play style and you can see why some fans get frustrated with him, because they compare him to a Brady or Manning, but that's not the type of QB he is. I love Ben, probably at an unhealthy level, but he will take flack the rest of his career and probably never get the credit he deserves.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2012, 08:00 PM
:crazy:

Yea just because I don't worship Troy like everybody else does I get smart *** replies like this.....Tell me his style of play hasn't led to concussions for himself?....Yea he does a lot of good for this team sitting his over-rated *** on the sidelines......Yea I know you **** yourself when Troy jumps over the OL and stuff the RB for a loss......Big ****ing deal but I rather have a safety that is worth a **** in coverage......

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Yea just because I don't worship Troy like everybody else does I get smart *** replies like this.....Tell me his style of play hasn't led to concussions for himself?....Yea he does a lot of good for this team sitting his over-rated *** on the sidelines......Yea I know you **** yourself when Troy jumps over the OL and stuff the RB for a loss......Big ****ing deal but I rather have a safety that is worth a **** in coverage......

Haha, I added to my reply because I figured you would think it was literal. It was a parody.

I don't worship Troy, in fact I think his time is up. 2005-2010 he was one of my favorite players, but I can cut ties easily when it comes to the NFL lol. He's pretty much done imo. But he will only play how he plays, it's the only way he knows. Pretty much just like Ben.

LevonKirkland99
09-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Doesn't look good for James, but maybe he wanted to collect the paycheck this year . Why is this conversation about Troy and Ben?

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 08:55 PM

Settle down man! lol I love to blast Troy, I actually get a kick out of how pissed people get! Troy is done, put a fork in him or a set of hot curlers!

Nolrog
09-27-2012, 08:32 AM
ED Bouchette reported that Harrison's agent admitted that he had a little setback and that plans for his return are up on the air.

He went on to speculate whether Harrison would need another "procedure" or potentially micro-fracture surgery (difficult to come back from, especially at his age.)

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-harrison-suffers-another-setback-654988/

BR7
09-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Well, on the bright side, we get to see more of Harrison's rehab pics on facebook!

LatrobePA
09-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Someone please step up and fill this void please!!

connecticutsteel
09-27-2012, 09:12 AM
He practiced fully yesterday. Don't know what happened today though.

I can guess if he was at full speed yesterday and he's out with pain and swelling Harrison may have played his last game as a Steeler . as far as Troy he is far from a flying idiot i am certain McFadden doesn't run 67 yds or what ever it was.The Defense has many problems but when troy plays he neutralizes some of the issues just by his hustle for instance one of the Oakland TD'S was a short crossing pattern Mundy was suppose to have had coverage instead he took 2 steps and put his arms on his hips and ran off the field .Ryan Mundy is not the answer at safety just like Harrison is not the future and OLB.

Real Deal Steel
09-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Gentlemen,

I think we may have to face the idea that Harrison is done. And with that said, our first two selections in the next draft will have to be D-lineman and Linebacker (not neccessarily in that order). With another O-lineman taken in the third round.

But..if a bump and run cornerback is available.................

cmerrifield
09-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Gentlemen,

I think we may have to face the idea that Harrison is done. And with that said, our first two selections in the next draft will have to be D-lineman and Linebacker (not neccessarily in that order). With another O-lineman taken in the third round.

No more first or second d line. Heyward Hood and McClendon are fine. I agree with linebacker unless Carter or Worilds show us something this year

Get7With7
09-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Gentlemen,

I think they need to get a safety and a linebacker in the first two rounds. I think d-line can wait until the 3rd or 4th round.

Real Deal Steel
09-27-2012, 10:11 AM
D-line can wait????? You better go look at the Raiders game again.

UKSTEELER
09-27-2012, 11:10 AM
We're going to need some urgent fixes at Linebacker, we need to draft a stud early who can be the next Levon.

Carter and Worilds are poor imitations of Woodley, . .Woodley is a poor imitation of Silverback . . . if we're sticking with 34, we need either Robinson to be given the opportunity, or we need a miracle in the draft.

Tamu needs fast tracking, with Heywood, Mclendon either side

If we lose to the Eagles, we may as well start experimenting get Tamu, Robinson, on the damn field.

Zachintosh66
09-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Someone call Peezy... or Haggans... or Gildon...

Worilds sucks!

Goodfrom55
09-27-2012, 01:08 PM
1st 2 picks have to be Safety and OLB, in no particular order. You can't play as physical as James and Troy do and not have your bodies break down. No, I don't think Troy is done, but I do believe James will be released next year unless he significantly restructures his contract.

Injuries occur; that is part of football. Regarding James, again, why did he wait so long to get this scoped when it bothered him during OTA's?

Big T
09-27-2012, 01:14 PM
1st 2 picks have to be Safety and OLB, in no particular order. You can't play as physical as James and Troy do and not have your bodies break down. No, I don't think Troy is done, but I do believe James will be released next year unless he significantly restructures his contract.

Injuries occur; that is part of football. Regarding James, again, why did he wait so long to get this scoped when it bothered him during OTA's?

The coach dismissed the idea that Harrison could have undergone the surgery during the spring and simply put it off.

"We address things as they arise," he said. "We felt like the procedure was necessary at this time, so we had it."

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8272643

LatrobePA
09-27-2012, 01:47 PM
I need more Cam...

Nolrog
09-27-2012, 06:48 PM
And with that said, our first two selections in the next draft will have to be D-lineman and Linebacker

DLine? In the last four years, we've spent two firsts and a 4th on the DLine. If that doesn't make for an excellent DL the Colbert should be fired and taken out of the Steeler offices in hand cuffs.

cmerrifield
09-27-2012, 08:52 PM
D-line can wait????? You better go look at the Raiders game again.

Only 1 of the three guys played that game. McClendon and Heywood only had like 10 snaps between them. Let Hampton go and let Keisel spell Hood and Heywood.

LatrobePA
09-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Only 1 of the three guys played that game. McClendon and Heywood only had like 10 snaps between them. Let Hampton go and let Keisel spell Hood and Heywood.

This!!

Big T
09-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Correction, let Hood spell Keisel and Heyward. Hood is awful, and though Keisel isn't great, he's still solid and worlds better than Hood.

scudmissile29
09-28-2012, 06:08 AM
I think Harrison's days are numbered. Could be finished.