PDA

View Full Version : Deal between NFL an NFLRA at hand...Update 9/27, Real officials are back!!

Big T
09-26-2012, 01:04 PM
@AdamSchefter: As @mortreport is reporting, an agreement between NFL and NFLRA is at hand and both sides will work to have officials working this weekend.

steelchamp204
09-26-2012, 01:11 PM
I hope after what has been happening the past 3 weeks. Me and the guys at work were saying that the refs should demand double after that monday night call haha.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Wow, guess this past weekends' games were about all the owners could take. Bout damn time!

connecticutsteel
09-26-2012, 01:51 PM
The trick was that the current lawsuit with the former players gained leverage by the owners locking out the trained officials.The attorneys for the former players were going to issue sopenas for current player whom suffered concussions during the games that the lock out officials worked.sighting that the games were a free for all with the players and some head coaches telling the refs what to call thus decreasing player safety.the NFL wants to settle the case with the former players not lose it so a deal was made.

coach
09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
This sucks and all Steeler fans should be up in arms. Now our D is gonna getflagged like crazy. At least with the replacement refs, they didn't get the Gooddeel Castro memo to falg first and decide on penalty later.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Albert Breer of NFL Network is reporting that the league and the union have agreed on the proposal for three full crews’ worth of officials to be hired (21 in total). The new officials would have an apprenticeship role, being mentored by the current referees, presumably by rotating them into existing crews to gain field experience - 1:01pm EST

Peter King: I’m hearing NFLRA negotiator Scott Green has notified officials that a deal is not imminent. Stay tuned, obviously. 1:27pm EST

jpele
09-26-2012, 03:18 PM
They were offered $200,000.00 For part time work and these scum bags aren't happy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8406500/big-gaps-remain-league-officials-sources

Get7With7
09-27-2012, 01:00 AM
ESPN and NFLN reporting a deal is done and the refs aren't locked out anymore.

Nolrog
09-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Wow, guess this past weekends' games were about all the owners could take. Bout damn time!

About all the fans could take. The NFL offices fielded some 70000 calls after this week (especially the Green Bay debacle.)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Looks like they'll be back to work tonight!

The new collective bargaining agreement is the longest between the league and game officials in NFL history.

NFL referee Ed Hochuli (http://www.nfl.com/player/edhochuli/2516615/profile) told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington that he's ready to work a game this weekend. The officials expect to ratify the deal Saturday morning, Hochuli said.

"But all 121 guys and I are very glad we're back," Hochuli said. "We are ready. We missed preseason, and there's nothing we can do about missing on-field practice. But we've worked very, very hard over the last several months. We've taken 18 extensive rules tests, watched hours and hours of video every week. We've worked very hard to be prepared. I think we're ready."

When asked how many curls he did when he heard the rumors that a deal might be getting done today, the famously muscular Hochuli said, "As soon as I heard the rumors, I got down on the floor and started doing pushups."

The current defined benefit pension plan will remain in place for current officials through the 2016 season (or until the official earns 20 years of service). The defined benefit plan then will be frozen.

Retirement benefits will be provided for new hires, and for all officials beginning in 2017, through a defined contribution arrangement, which will have two elements: an annual league contribution made on behalf of each game official that will begin with an average of more than $18,000 per official and increase to more than $23,000 per official in 2019, and a partial match on any additional contribution that an official makes to his 401(k) account.

Apart from their benefit package, the game officials' compensation will increase from an average of $149,000 per year in 2011 to $173,000 in 2013, rising to $205,000 by 2019.

Beginning with the 2013 season, the NFL will have the option of hiring a number of officials on a full-time basis to work year-round, including on the field.

The NFL will have the option to retain additional officials for training and development purposes and can assign those additional officials to work NFL games. The number of additional officials will be determined by the NFL.

connecticutsteel
09-27-2012, 09:19 AM
About all the fans could take. The NFL offices fielded some 70000 calls after this week (especially the Green Bay debacle.)
Yes. it appears my super thread with the office numbers work to perfection !!!! lol

Real Deal Steel
09-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Word is...

*** That every QB in the league (to show solidarity to the Refs) were going to take a kneel down with the first snap of the game.

*** That the replacement refs couldn't go into Thursday nite's game because of safety issues from the fans. Not to mention there have been threats to the replacement refs in Green Bay all ready too.

There was too much anarchy from the coaches, players, and now the fans were about to get into it. And the NFL just couldn't bear the brunt of that, if that were to happen.

Raleigh Steel
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
it's amazing that the media has had this much impact on this issue.

first off, the replacements refs were bad. but they weren't THAT bad considering the circumstances. they are D-III/NAIA refs trying to officiate the best, of the best, of the best football athletes...not 13th grade athletes.

did the refs blow the call and the game for the packers monday night? sure did! have the regular officials ever botched a game...sure have!

without these replacement refs, we wouldn't of even had the last 3 weeks or a pre-season to even talk about. their skill set is not NFL caliber. everyone should have known this going in. hell, we all drive cars, but you wouldn't want to put us in a NASCAR and say go for it! they were under a tremendous amount of pressure, and i thought they did a pretty decent job CONSIDERING the circumstances.

this just proves how much of a media pu$$y goodell is.
4 hits in one sunday and goodell changed the way the game is played forever, BECAUSE OF THE MEDIA!
ben gets a 6 game suspension (reduced to 4 games) because of a media circus around it, not because of any evidence or anything like that, BECAUSE OF THE MEDIA!
AND NOW THIS!

i'm not advocating for the continuation of the replacement refs. they weren't good. but i am thanking them for trying their best and allowing us to at least have the game we love. i think a lot of people have lost perspective in all of this.

Big T
09-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't blame the refs themselves too much. What did anyone expect. Some were plucked from high school and thrown to the wolves. The NFL and the owners deserve all the blame (not to mention the non-replacement replay officials).

LatrobePA
09-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Just in time for the Ravens 3rd home game this early season...