PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Hood's injury?

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2012, 12:31 PM
The injury to Hood's knee looked somewhat serious, has Tomlin addressed it at all? I know not many people are happy with Ziggy right now, but if he's out for an extended period that sure won't help anything.

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I heard he had an upset tummy seeing how his lunch money has been stolen all season so far.

Big T
09-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Not to be that guy, but I hope he's out for a while lol. That'll forced them to start the superior player in Heyward.
Not to mention Woods getting more playing time.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
They didn't release any updated status on him; Tomlin didn't have his usual Tuesday presser this week since the team is on a bye.

I don't just blame Ziggy for the issues on the defensive line in particular, it's all 3 of them. People want to take out that McFadden run and just say that the Steelers held him to around 50 yds or so. Problem is you can't take it out, that was a costly run that they completely blew assignments on. It may not happen often but it did happen and we ended up losing the game because of plays like that were guys weren't doing their job for one reason or another.

teeceemadison
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
maybe we can see more mcclendon now?

jpele
09-26-2012, 03:10 PM
I heard they're going to try to bulk him up to 450 lbs. and teach him to fall forward. It's worth a try

Goodfrom55
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Dress up Tamu whats his name and see what this kid can bring to the table. Steelers need more push from their front 3 - BOTTOM LINE!

Zachintosh66
09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
At some point you gotta play more young guys right? But I wonder is Tamu a #'s game for not being active yet or just not ready as a player?

Ziggy prolly blew his knee out but they will let him ride the active roster all the way into the playoffs :lol:

Stairwayto7
09-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Hood wont be missed! YAWN

Nolrog
09-26-2012, 07:17 PM
They didn't release any updated status on him; Tomlin didn't have his usual Tuesday presser this week since the team is on a bye.

Steelers not required to release an injury report this week because of the bye.

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I want to see McLendon, Heyward, and Ta'amu start. Can't get much worse than its been. Let Hood rotate in (but I feel like he may be done for awhile) and I guess give Beard and Casey some spot duty.

Zachintosh66
09-27-2012, 02:30 AM
it bogles my mind why Heyward isnt getting more snaps (or starting) for that matter...

steelchamp204
09-27-2012, 03:23 AM
I was watching the Pack game the other night and both the Seahwaks and Pack had one rookie starting each, I think both were defensive players. I wish the Steelers would get past the "veteran" thing and let the fresh rookies play. If they struggle, so be it. Right now I would rather struggle and lose with the young guys than struggle with the vets. Im not saying throw in the towel but it would be nice to see.

UKSTEELER
09-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Tamu has got diddly squat chance of seeing the field this season,

. . . he's only just been started to be broken down and told to forget everything he had learned to date, and then needs to be built back up by Mitchell, so it takes at least two years before we know if they are actually any good or not?

Nolrog
09-27-2012, 07:29 AM
so it takes at least two years before we know if they are actually any good or not?

That always frustrates me. You see many other teams, drafting players who get time right away (Hightower was on the field for 2/3 of the defensive plays in game 1 for NE, yet our guys come in, and sit for a couple years before they even sniff the field.) We need to get our guys in there, they learn faster that way.

Cam was a first round pick. He should be getting a lot more than the 16 plays he saw against the Jets. Our first round picks have got to deliver and become excellent players.

LatrobePA
09-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Tomlin is a vet first kinda coach, he's to blame 100% for this slow *** base defense. It's garbage!

connecticutsteel
09-27-2012, 09:51 AM
I agree with the assessment that the 1st rounders need playing time.The best senario at this point would be to move Keisel to LDE /Hood to NT/Heyward RDE and rotate between Hamp and Mac at NT. leave Woods in reserve .Personally i think Keisel lost A LITTLE something when Aaron Smith retired.What ever the problem is they need to fix it during the bye week and and play .9oo ball after the bye or we can forget the playoffs cause Cincy looks to be forreal

Zachintosh66
09-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Tamu has got diddly squat chance of seeing the field this season,

. . . he's only just been started to be broken down and told to forget everything he had learned to date, and then needs to be built back up by Mitchell, so it takes at least two years before we know if they are actually any good or not?

This would be hilarious if it didnt seem to be true :(

Big T
09-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I agree with the assessment that the 1st rounders need playing time.The best senario at this point would be to move Keisel to LDE /Hood to NT/Heyward RDE and rotate between Hamp and Mac at NT. leave Woods in reserve .Personally i think Keisel lost A LITTLE something when Aaron Smith retired.What ever the problem is they need to fix it during the bye week and and play .9oo ball after the bye or we can forget the playoffs cause Cincy looks to be forreal

Heyward is absolutely perfect for LDE. They definitey should not move Keisel to have Heyward on the right. from left to right: Heyward, McClendon, Keisel (with some Al Woods sprinkled in)... I never want to see Hood on the field ever again as a Pittaburgh Steeler lol. Maybe that's a little much but he definitely shouldn't be starting and I only want to see him out there for spot duty and a little NT. Hood is borderline pathetic. For the love of God, start Heyward over Hood.

Goodfrom55
09-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Hampton needs to get ouit of there. He might be able to spot play, but with an ACL injuruy, there is no way he blasted his legs in the offseason to be able to play as much as he has been. What's wrong with putting Tamu and McClendon in there?

Coaches - adapt or get out of the way.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Steelers defensive end Ziggy Hood was reluctant to blame replacement officials for missing what he believed was an apparent chop block during Oakland’s game-clinching drive Sunday, he agreed their inability to manage the game and communicate with players left him vulnerable to a potential career-ending injury.

“I’m blessed to be walking,” Hood said. “I couldn’t feel my legs after it happened. But if we worry about calls, we can’t do our jobs — and it doesn’t matter who’s officiating the games.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2676298-85/officials-game-replacement-union-safety-steelers-nfl-players-league-referees#ixzz27lmzz6CU