PDA

View Full Version : It's Early Folks!

BubbyBlister
09-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Yes sucks giving a game to the Raiders you was dominating for the most part and also sucks we very easily could be 3-0 instead of 1-3 but it is what it is. Who would think the Packers also would be 1-3 the Saints 0-3 and San Fran to lose to the Vikes this week ? The cream always rise to the top much like the Giants did last year towards the end of the season. There is some upside, the offense looks like it could start gelling soon and with some key injured players getting health soon who knows what kind of season is left ? Lots of football left to be played and by week 11 we should have a better idea where this team is headed this season for good or worse.

LatrobePA
09-25-2012, 05:39 PM
1-2 unless you know something we don't? Lol

BubbyBlister
09-25-2012, 05:42 PM
1-2 unless you know something we don't? Lol Haha my bad and looking ahead but you get the point. That said I'm throwing $30 bucks on the bye week against Pitt even though they are +3.

BubbyBlister
09-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Also add in New England is 1-2.

Goodfrom55
09-25-2012, 06:04 PM
It's not panic time yet by any stretch, but a couple spot fires need some immediate attention. When opposing players openly state that the Steelers have been doing the same blitzes for the past 7 years, well, it might be time to go back to the drawing board.

As long as the Steelers make the playoffs, anything is possible from there. Just need the defense to finish games, and get off the field on 3rd down, and pressure the QB. Offensively, Steelers need more contributions from the running game, and skill players need to demonstrate more ball control.

Fixable, correctable issues. . .concerned? Yes. Worried? Not yet.

BubbyBlister
09-25-2012, 06:14 PM
It's not panic time yet by any stretch, but a couple spot fires need some immediate attention. When opposing players openly state that the Steelers have been doing the same blitzes for the past 7 years, well, it might be time to go back to the drawing board.

As long as the Steelers make the playoffs, anything is possible from there. Just need the defense to finish games, and get off the field on 3rd down, and pressure the QB. Offensively, Steelers need more contributions from the running game, and skill players need to demonstrate more ball control.

Fixable, correctable issues. . .concerned? Yes. Worried? Not yet. I also have issues with DLB and think he should have been gone with Arians. He gives you glimpses of getting it like the New England game last year only to revolt back to his stubborn ways the rest of the games. That said still think the defense will improve with Harrison and Troy back and heck it can't get much worse. Harrison practiced fully today for the first time. This defense don't have to be great but just keep opposing offenses under 30 points a game. Let the offense carry them this season.

BubbyBlister
09-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Also think there is room for concern for all the powerhouse teams I mentioned but again it's early and most will come around. Accept for the Saints and think they will be 0-4 after this week facing Greenbay.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
No it's not. Been watching a repeat of seasons past. Problem is, all I can do is watch.

Nolrog
09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
There's definitely reason for concern, but we're also without 3 top players (Troy, Harrison and Mendenhall). Plus our highly touted guard is out and our highly anticipated line backer is also out and we're reaping the results of ****** early round drafting.

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Injuries have really hurt this team early on. You add in DeCastro, Troy, Silverback, Spence and Mendy and we could very easily be sitting at 3-0. But injuries are part of the NFL, such is life.

Phenomenal TJ
09-26-2012, 11:54 AM
The record isn't what has people panicking. We've seen this team come back from a crap record before. It's the play on the field that worries me. The entire defense has done nothing but disappoint through three games.

The offense on the other hand is a shining star, at least in the passing game. Ben Roethlisberger is on pace to have a personal best year in yards, touchdowns and picks.

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 12:07 PM
This 2012 team makes me nervous, tons of talent...

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Im not worried yet there is a lot of games still left to be played and everybody has a bad loss to a bad team every now and then. However, with that being said, looking at both the Ravens and Bengals schedules the next 2-3 weeks seeing that the Ravens have the Browns and Chiefs the next 2 games, and the Bengals have the Jags,Miami and Cleveland the next 3 weeks the Steelers had better win both of these games coming off the bye week against both the Eagles and the Titans and get their record to 3-2 going into the Cincinnati game on Sunday night October 21st. Dropping 1 of those game or both of them would really put the Steelers in a bad spot.

BubbyBlister
09-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Im not worried yet there is a lot of games still left to be played and everybody has a bad loss to a bad team every now and then. However, with that being said, looking at both the Ravens and Bengals schedules the next 2-3 weeks seeing that the Ravens have the Browns and Chiefs the next 2 games, and the Bengals have the Jags,Miami and Cleveland the next 3 weeks the Steelers had better win both of these games coming off the bye week against both the Eagles and the Titans and get their record to 3-2 going into the Cincinnati game on Sunday night October 21st. Dropping 1 of those game or both of them would really put the Steelers in a bad spot. The Division games are what is really going to matter and another reason I say it's early cause we haven't even played one yet.

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 05:54 PM
I won't be shocked to see the ravens lose tomorrow night.

BubbyBlister
09-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I won't be shocked to see the ravens lose tomorrow night. Yea there a strange team and will look insanely good one week, only to lose the following week to a below average team.

Stairwayto7
09-26-2012, 06:08 PM
1-2 sucks, but weve been in all the games. m not counting on Harrison to come back anytime soon. Not pannicking yet

BubbyBlister
09-26-2012, 06:27 PM
1-2 sucks, but weve been in all the games. m not counting on Harrison to come back anytime soon. Not pannicking yet I have James on my Facebook and he said yesterday he practice fully for the first time so we might see him sooner then we think.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know what to expect from this team to be honest.....Right now I have no faith in the defense at all.......A broken down James Harrison can't be counted on at this point........Troy isn't far from behind and really he isn't the player he use to be since his style of play has taken a toll on his over-rated ***.........The running game is a mess but Mendenhall could provide a spark but the OL must do a better job in opening running lanes for the RB's........

Really Ben and the passing game is the only thing that can be counted on right now.....Get ready for shoot outs all year but hopefully the Steelers win more then they lose the rest of the year......

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I told my dad that I feel like we are the 2009 Colts. All pass, no run, no defense, and we have to pray that our QB can win a shoot out with whatever QB we are playing. Yuck.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 11:09 PM
It's definitely hard to to put a finger on the pulse of this team right now. We know they can pass the ball, we know they try to run but we don't know squat about the defense other than that they are inconsistent on a good day. You know times are changing when the offense gets all of the accolades and the defense is answering questions.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-26-2012, 11:40 PM
The defense is a bit of a question mark for sure. Saying that the STEELERS have been running the same blitzes for 5-6 years doesn't really bother me all that much because in those 5-6 years we were still one of the best defenses in the league. It's kinda like the old school STEELERS of the 70's ,you knew they were going to run trap plays all day , but they also knew that the other team had to stop them, which wasn't so easily accomplished!! Most of the other teams in the league are now running some version of DL's zone blitz, so naturally the offenses are going to be better at stopping it. Throw in rule changes to favor the offense and it is what it is...

NYCsteelersfan
09-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Three games is not that early in a football season, and considering two of our losses were against two teams whose only win of the season is against us also says a lot. We lost to two really bad teams and we lost in disastrous fashion in both games. It's only going to get worse. The better head coaches around the league look forward to getting their hands on Tomlin's team.