PDA

View Full Version : Palmer knew what we were doing

cmerrifield
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM
http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/45a616eb-8da8-4332-aac6-183196b6bb7a/?source=twitter

Again an opposing QB knew what we were doing on defense. It's tines for some change. I don't know if it's LeBeau's unwillingness to change or Tomlin's attitude that the other team can know what's coming and we should still stop them or players need to hide it better. It does not matter, something has to change. We cannot stop teams on defense if they know what's coming.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Palmer knew what we were doing, and Brandon Stokely said the same thing in week 1. If Sanchez was any decent type of QB he could have figured it out too.

It's the buzz talk of the year so far, is the defense too predictable and how can it be changed.

“He knows what they were going to do,” Hagan said. “They pretty much did the same thing that they did six, seven years ago. Obviously, they’ve got a legendary D-coordinator. He’s been running certain things that other teams have seen, that we’ve seen. We knew their tendencies and were able to hit them with some big plays when it really counted.” The Raiders scored on all five of their second half possessions.

LatrobePA
09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Sure he did, how couldn't he? This defense fn reeks!

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Plain and simple. LeBeau had got to go. We can't adapt to this new NFL with this scheme.

Zachintosh66
09-25-2012, 12:42 PM
:duh: oh man thats as bad as BA refusing to practice vs a 4-3 when we were playing a 4-3 that week

Stone
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I resurrected this thread because I heard this talked about yesterday on Sirius NFL and it pisses me off! We used to be a feared defense and now people talk about how predictable we are? Carson Palmer said our D was predictable and our blitzes were easy to pick up. What's next.....the Steelers defense is soft?

Nolrog
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
I resurrected this thread because I heard this talked about yesterday on Sirius NFL and it pisses me off! We used to be a feared defense and now people talk about how predictable we are? Carson Palmer said our D was predictable and our blitzes were easy to pick up. What's next.....the Steelers defense is soft?

Perhaps, with a different defensive scheme or better disguises of our packages we could be feared again. It's something worth considering. . . .