PDA

View Full Version : Oh my gosh..this Packers vs. Seahawks game

steelersbabex25
09-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Just what????

Pay the refs! This is getting ridiculous. I wanted a Seahawks win but no way that they should have won this game.

Get7With7
09-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Green Bay got screwed - big time.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Everybody is getting screwed over every week. Lord Goodell is going to have to do something before one of these officials gets seriously hurt.

Steelers/PSU Fan
09-25-2012, 12:08 AM
LOL, Packers got hosed so bad and I love it. If I was a Packers fan I would be steaming though. Such a clear interception and they give it to the Seahwaks.......amazing.

Big T
Ya that was insane. The blame goes to the official that signaled TD. One signaled TD and the other signaled a timeout which would indicate an interception. Replay couldn't have overturned that. What a mess...

We need guys in there that know how to officiate a football game.

Dee Mca
These Refs is ruining the game. I am getting more enjoyment out of watching Friday Night High School games than watching NFL.

Real Deal Steel
09-25-2012, 12:17 AM
This whole season is bad from top to bottom. The league needs to take the year off.

Real Deal Steel
09-25-2012, 12:17 AM
That was a clear interception.

Get7With7
09-25-2012, 12:32 AM
So much for the NFL protecting its "shield."

steelchamp204
09-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Anyone else here a little jealous that the pack and hawks were starting rookies on there defense? I know I was lol. Itd be nice.

steelfury455
09-25-2012, 01:41 AM
ya'll should go to a Seahawks forum. it's hilarious. every one of them think they got the call right and of course bring up super bowl XL..

Steelerlyn
09-25-2012, 01:42 AM

Steelers/PSU Fan
09-25-2012, 02:06 AM
ya'll should go to a Seahawks forum. it's hilarious. every one of them think they got the call right and of course bring up super bowl XL..

LOL I saw that too, Seahawk fans saying that since they got screwed in the Super Bowl, this game is a little justice lol.

DBR96A
09-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Honestly, I have no sympathy for the Packers. If they didn't want to get ****ed by the refs, then maybe they should have scored more than 12 points. For that matter, don't get shut out in the first half.

All this loss means is that the best the Packers can finish is 14-2. Big ****in' deal.

StlersGuy
09-25-2012, 06:21 AM
Talk about a bad call as much as I hate the Pack they got screwed last night. There was no way that was a TD I hope Gordell is happy because his plan to use replacement refs back fired BIG time because they SUCK

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

Nolrog
09-25-2012, 06:38 AM
It's getting worse each week. Was it Minnesota that was granted 2 challenges after they were out of time outs (that's an equivalent of 5 time outs for them that half.) Last week, the Ravens got an extra time out in the cry-bowl. They are marking off penalties from the wrong spot (once they marked it off from the wrong team's 44 and once they marked a penalty off from the spot of the catch even though the catch was replayed and overturned as incomplete.)

The regular refs make mistakes (he said tails; no I said heads), but this has gotten crazy. After the first and even the second week, I thought, well people are making a bigger deal out of this because they want the replacements to fail, so they are over dramatizing the problem. After this week though, it's clear that these guys are a disaster.

Lunchbucket
09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
So much for the NFL protecting its "shield."

Steve Young made a good point after the game ,saying basicly,the NFL brand (protecting its shield)
has been tarnished by not settling this labor dispute with professional NFL officials.You can't blame replacement Ref's,cause the NFL game is much faster than any thing they've seen at Division III,and some at high school level.Who is really to blame ?Try greedy owners and the NFL itself.To punish players and coaches,after they have reacted to an emotional call or game ,seems stupid to me.They stick a mike in some guys face and ask him to smile over some BS call.

Speeed
09-25-2012, 09:54 AM
That reminded me of that insurance commercial. The one where the actor plays a ref running from a football game where he blew a call and a mob is chasing him. Classic!

SnakeEyes43
09-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Me after the game: :barf:

LatrobePA
09-25-2012, 10:58 AM
What a mess but hey the Seahawks are now even, right Seahawks fans?? Hahahahahaha

Blazedby92
09-25-2012, 01:45 PM

That's funny cause Micheal Silver, I think that's his name is quoted saying even after the game Hawk players were saying the Pack got screwed

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2012, 03:05 PM
The league said in a statement today that Seattle's last-second touchdown pass should not have been overturned.

The NFL says Seahawks receiver Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference before the catch, which would have clinched a Packers victory, but that cannot be reviewed by instant replay.

The replacement officials ruled on the field that Tate had simultaneous possession with Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, which counts as a reception. The NFL says that once that happened, the referee was correct that no indisputable visual evidence existed on review to overturn the touchdown call.

On the final play, Russell Wilson heaved a 24-yard pass into a scrum in the end zone. Tate and Jennings both got their hands on the ball, though the Packers insisted Jennings had clear possession for a game-ending interception.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/nfl-upholds-touchdown-ruling-at-end-of-green-bay-seattle-game-654829/#ixzz27Vg4q7RK

Forged in Steel
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I guaranty you that if Seattle was on defense and Green Bay was on offense when that play happened, Seattle would be crying big time! Seattle's excuse after any loss: the refs did it!

This is how a Seattle fan thinks:

After a loss: It's total B.S. that the Steelers won Super Bowl XL because of close calls made by the officials.

After a Win: It's awesome that the Seahawks were completely gifted a game by the refs! Not only did we get the blown endzone call, we also received multiple pass interference calls in our favor, that WE COMMITTED!

Farrior Fan
09-26-2012, 03:01 AM
If I were a Packers fan I would be much more concerned about Mr Discount double check being on his *** 8 TIMES IN THE FIRST HALF. This sport always has and always will have questionable calls. Good teams rise above, crap teams bitch about getting robbed.

ChucktownSteeler
09-26-2012, 07:02 AM
If I were a Packers fan I would be much more concerned about Mr Discount double check being on his *** 8 TIMES IN THE FIRST HALF. This sport always has and always will have questionable calls. Good teams rise above, crap teams bitch about getting robbed.

Nice post!

DBR96A
09-26-2012, 07:05 AM

It's obvious that Aaron Rodgers can't read a defense. I mean, why else would he have been sacked eight times? :stirpot:

Zachintosh66
09-26-2012, 09:42 AM
It's obvious that Aaron Rodgers can't read a defense. I mean, why else would he have been sacked eight times? :stirpot:

Its his fault, he holds the ball to long :)

Stairwayto7
09-26-2012, 10:48 AM
LOL, Packers got hosed so bad and I love it. If I was a Packers fan I would be steaming though. Such a clear interception and they give it to the Seahwaks.......amazing.

Jennings should be getting a good tongue lashing if you ask me. I was a DB for 10 years, not in the NFL, but still your taught to knock that ball straight down or out of bounds. You know what cost the Packers the game? Jennings wanted to pad his stats, if he plays it the right way then there is no controversy!!! End of story!

Big T
09-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Jennings should be getting a good tongue lashing if you ask me. I was a DB for 10 years, not in the NFL, but still your taught to knock that ball straight down or out of bounds. You know what cost the Packers the game? Jennings wanted to pad his stats, if he plays it the right way then there is no controversy!!! End of story!

Yes, that is generally what DBs are told... But tell that to the Titans last week and the Texans in 2010.

Phenomenal TJ
09-26-2012, 11:47 AM
There are some VERY irate sports bettors out there this week.

BubbyBlister
09-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Jennings should be getting a good tongue lashing if you ask me. I was a DB for 10 years, not in the NFL, but still your taught to knock that ball straight down or out of bounds. You know what cost the Packers the game? Jennings wanted to pad his stats, if he plays it the right way then there is no controversy!!! End of story! Amen and was taught that in grade school flag football! Great post!

LatrobePA
09-26-2012, 06:00 PM
There are some VERY irate sports bettors out there this week.

They gave it back I heard.