PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote tells replacement official to go kill himself

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2012, 09:24 PM
So ummm, yeah...if this story is true and if Foote really did say it you can bet Mr Goodell will have something not very pleasant to say to #50. Should be noted that this story doesn't say for sure that it was Foote that said it, but they assume as much.

Link to story including video of play in question that got Foote so fired up. (http://deadspin.com/5945891/?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow)

Larry Foote was the first Steeler to exit the field. I was set up nearby for our postgame show, and heard someone scream, "You should go kill yourselves. Y'all (bleep)ing suck!"
I leaned around the corner and saw Foote enter the Steelers room, while several officials, entering their room, craned their neck to see who it was that had yelled at them.
Foote had already left the room by the time media was allowed in so we were unable to ask him about it.

LatrobePA
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Well they should!

steelersbabex25
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Can't imagine a vet like Larry Foote saying that. That's a little extreme.

Big T
09-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Jesus. I can see Goodell suspending his *** for a game just to make a point. If nothing else his pockets will be a little lighter pretty soon. If they fined Del Rio and Fox as much as they did for yelling at the refs and giving them a hard time, I cant see Goodell lettin this pass.

SnakeEyes43
09-24-2012, 09:47 PM
I think Goodell needs more proof than hearsay to incite a punishment in this incident.

cbrunn
09-24-2012, 10:06 PM
He was screaming at the Ref's on that last play when Hood got injured ... it was a blatant chop block on Hood ... that would of made the field goal much longer then it was, yes Jano has the leg but still tougher ...

but anyway yeah he was pissed

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Hey was definitely pissed off and with good reason, that chop block was total BS. Even he didn't say it, sooner or later something else will happen with somebody. There's so much emotion and too many hot heads in the league combined with so much on the line in every game.

It's only a matter of time.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

connecticutsteel
09-24-2012, 10:57 PM
The Steeler defense was molested by oakland even the pictures on the steelers web site show all kinds of holding . they also chopped ben in the first qtr but no call

If anyone should be suspended it should be belechick if foote grabbed a ref he would get 2 games with no doubt. but nothing will happen cause he's kraft's butt boy and goodell sucks kraft's *** too they violated player personnel rules by effectively stashing Jeff Demps on injured reserve with no injury and the league looked the other way it was a big story in new england for half a day until kraft and the league threatened the reporter with criminal prosicution.also they shoved it up the saints *** for bounty's but did nothing for years of cheating notice the patsy's haven't won since they can't tape there opponants practices anymore. **** the NFL THEY ARE AS BAD AS OUR GOVERNMENT

wow i can lose it once in a while

steelersbabex25
09-24-2012, 10:58 PM
The Steeler defense was molested by oakland even the pictures on the steelers web site show all kinds of holding . they also chopped ben in the first qtr but no call

What else is new..

Phenomenal TJ
09-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Whether or not he was angry, there's still no reason to tell someone to go kill themselves. This isn't Baltimore, I'd expect fans and players to have a little more class.

Clevelandsux
09-24-2012, 11:56 PM
These officials have been horrible. No doubt. And they have been catching alot of **** from both the players and coaches.

DBR96A
09-25-2012, 04:13 AM
I think Goodell needs more proof than hearsay to incite a punishment in this incident.

Roger Goodell didn't need any more than hearsay to punish Ben Roethlisberger.

Jesus. I can see Goodell suspending his *** for a game just to make a point. If nothing else his pockets will be a little lighter pretty soon. If they fined Del Rio and Fox as much as they did for yelling at the refs and giving them a hard time, I cant see Goodell lettin this pass.

If Larry Foote gets suspended for that, then every Packer who took to Twitter after their Monday night loss better be suspended too. So should Bill Belichick, for that matter.

Nolrog
09-25-2012, 07:23 AM

To fine a Steeler? You're kidding right? In fact, because of this outburst, James Harrison was suspended 2 games.

SnakeEyes43
09-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Roger Goodell didn't need any more than hearsay to punish Ben Roethlisberger.

That's why I said "this incident", because "this incident" doesn't have a federal investigation following it. Goodell had to make an example of Ben, and thats why he was suspended, otherwise that suspension was pretty much B.S. as it was based on hearsay as well.

Anyway, I doubt Foote will see any type of punishment....but with Goodell you never know I guess.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2012, 12:27 PM
The NFL would have a hard time fining Foote for this unless they could prove it. I'm sure he's talked to Tomlin and/or the Rooney's already, I'll be curious if anyone brings it up at Tomlin's press conference too.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do something.

To fine a Steeler? You're kidding right? In fact, because of this outburst, James Harrison was suspended 2 games.

So true!!