PDA

View Full Version : Your 4-3 Lineup

Zachintosh66
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Since the defense is in the crapper. Who would you start in a 4-3 scheme? We know this wont happen, but we can have some fun with it...

Mine:
DE: McClendon or Ziggy
DT: *Heyward
DT: The Beard
DE: *Woodley

OLB: James
MLB: Foote
OLB: Timmons

connecticutsteel
09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Woodley is too small to play DE THAT'S WHY HE WAS CONVERTED TO LB IN PRO'S THERE IS NO FUN TO BE HAD

Goodfrom55
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Steelers are not built for a 4-3. But I'll play along...Disguise some of the blitzes and play tighter coverage and the Steelers will be fine. Don't have to re-invent the wheel, just need to stop playing so conservative.

DE:Hood
DT: Tamu what's his face?
DT:McClendon
DE:Cam
OLB:Harrison
MLB: LT
OLB: Woody
CB: Ike
CB: Cortez
FS: Clark
SS: Troy

Big T
09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
We don't have the personnel. And Hood would definitely be an under tackle, not an end. He could actually produce in a 4-3 as a tackle.

LatrobePA
09-24-2012, 04:10 PM
All we had to do was press more, to me it was simple.

Zachintosh66
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Its obvious we dont have the personel... have fun with it!

On Wood he is 265... JPP is 278, Tuck is 268, Osi U is 255

i wonder who would be the DE's (ill stick with Woodley)... I dont think The Beard has the wheels anymore, back in the day i think he could of... Heyward is too big to be a DE in a 4-3, he'd be a dominant 4/3 DT tho.

Goodfrom55
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Pretty simple. . .agree 100%. Palmer's yards per attempt yesterday was less than 6 yards, yet the corners play 10 yards off and the safeties were 15 yards off. We have big, fast, physical corners; let's use that to our advantage.

SuperSteelers
09-24-2012, 06:26 PM
If the current starters are this bad I can't imagine how bad the back-ups are. Lets just blow up the whole defensive team and rebuild it with younger and hungrier players.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
DE: McClendon
DT: Heyward
DT: Hood
DE: Beard

OLB: Harrison
MLB: Timmons
OLB: Woodley

The Steelers do play some 43 from time to time, they always have but generally speaking players nowadays are more able to adapt between schemes than they used too.

Blazedby92
09-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Wow two of our best starters have been out for all but the first game and that was Troy playing to pick up the slack of no clark and all everyone does is try and solve or defensive problems, duh I wonder why we aren't playing that well, come on people I'll leave my judgement when we have all of our starters but I do think Heyward should be playing in place of hood though

Nolrog
09-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Good Lord. We're not set up for a 4-3. We don't have the depth or the horses. In a 4-3, the playmakers are the defensive line. If we had playmakers on the DL now, we wouldn't have such a ****** defense to begin with.

K Train
09-24-2012, 07:22 PM
i dont get why ANYONE who understands a 43 defense wouldnt put timmons at WILL, hes the prototype weakside linebakers for a 43 and you all want him in the middle?

Zachintosh66
09-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Good Lord. We're not set up for a 4-3. We don't have the depth or the horses. In a 4-3, the playmakers are the defensive line. If we had playmakers on the DL now, we wouldn't have such a ****** defense to begin with.

Once again... were just having some fun in this thread

i dont get why ANYONE who understands a 43 defense wouldnt put timmons at WILL, hes the prototype weakside linebakers for a 43 and you all want him in the middle?

He was Will at FSU wasn't he? Harrison is more fit for MLB than Timmons, geesh.

NeilPatrickBanana
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
DE: Woodley, XXXX
DT: Taamu, Keisel
DT: Hood, McClendon
DE: Heyward, Worrilds

WLB: Spence, Sylvester
MLB: XXXX (Draft Teo)
SLB: Timmons, Robinson

teeceemadison
09-25-2012, 10:27 AM

exactly, witness the the beating we put on marsha last year....

SnakeEyes43
09-25-2012, 11:22 AM

If we get Teo I will cream my jockies. Don't see that happening.
Otherwise that's an interesting line up.

UKSTEELER
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
at the moment:

DT: Ziggy
DE: Woodley

MLB: Foote (for lack of anyone else)

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Call me crazy but here is where I would go with the 4-3 lineup. Remember, guys like Freeny, Mathis and Cole succeed in the 43.

RDE - Harrison
RDT - Hood
LDT - Heyward
LDE - Woodley

Will - Timmons
MLB - Spence
Mike - Brandon Johnson

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 11:34 AM

The challenge with this is that McLendon is not a 43 DE... a DT yes.

As for harrison, I think he'd be better suited as a DE rather than OLB. In a 43 defense your OLB have to cover rather than rush the passer like in the 34.

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM

Love people that think outside the box! I think Spence would be a perfect MLB in a 43 but definitely agree with putting Wood and Harrison in a three point stance

UKSTEELER
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
The challenge with this is that McLendon is not a 43 DE... a DT yes.

As for harrison, I think he'd be better suited as a DE rather than OLB. In a 43 defense your OLB have to cover rather than rush the passer like in the 34.

your right . . .

DE: Harrison

OLB: Troy (not a miss-print)

NeilPatrickBanana
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
I think Hood could be a dominant interior pocket collapser in a 4-3, with a guy like Ta'amu occupying 2 interior blockers

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 11:49 AM
your right . . .

DE: Harrison

OLB: Troy (not a miss-print)

That is a perfect spot for Troy... it would make us very dynamic! He already plays up like a linebacker half the time anyway! And he'd be a total mismatch for tight ends which is one of our biggest weaknesses.

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Hood and Ta'amu on the interior could be pretty dynamic. Spell Heyward in there as well. I like John jenkins from Georgia as an immediate upgrade in the draft.

SnakeEyes43
09-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't think Troy would last 2 games as an OLB in the 4-3. Neat idea though.

Zachintosh66
09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
A LB needs to be able to tackle :lol:

cbrunn
09-25-2012, 08:55 PM
I think they should just do the 1-5-5 all game ... keep people moving at the line and disguise everything and put your athletes on the field

DT- Hayward/ McLeadon / Tamu

LB-Harrison
LB- Sly
LB- Timmons
LB- Spence :evilshake::banging: Troy
LB- Woodly

DB- Ike
DB- Cortez
DB- Lewis
DB- Brown
FS- Clark

Nolrog
09-28-2012, 02:52 PM

Thinking about this more and talking to my buddy and fellow Steeler Addict (hiya Raden), it may actually make sense to play a 4-3 right now. The best 7 players up front probably includes 4 line men, and why wouldn't WR want the best 7 on the field? With Harrison still struggling to come back, and the possibility of him being out a long time makes this more reasonable. Although, the odd men out (Worilds and Carter) won't get any better on the bench.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2012, 10:42 AM
The 43 is a good defense, a lot of teams run it. I used to be one of those that thought the Steelers couldn't pull it off full time if they wanted too but now, not so much. Typically the DL are bigger than what our guys are but I think there is talent there that hasn't been fully tapped yet; obviously with guys like Heyward. Most times teams that run a 43 have a tougher time going to a 34 rather than vice versa.

Even when Lebeau does go though and Keith Butler takes over, we'll still be a 34.

connecticutsteel
09-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Everyone is complianing about the defense .the truth is we are in transition everyone was complianing last year that Hampton Farrior and Smith were too old.So we Draft a Nose Tackle and we move the young players up in the depth chart and the fans complain that we didn't get any free agents .The Steelers hardly ever sign big free agents.I heard mention of Cowher i like Cowher too but let's not sugar coat things under Cowher the Steelers were not dominate every year.He went 15-1 and only won one playoff game .As a fan no one wants to cheer for a losing team but i am confident that this team will compete .Many people say you can't blame the replacment refs for the outcome but they did influence the game Check this out

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1348715-5-reasons-the-pittsburgh-steelers-can-turn-their-season-around read the whole thing but the bottom part is what i am talking about with the pictures of the oakland penalties that weren't call and if they were the outcome may have been different

ChucktownSteeler
09-29-2012, 12:41 PM
DT: Ta'Amu
DE: Hood

MLB: Timmons
OLB: Woodley

I'm not sure we have the personnel for the 3-4.

C-town

Nolrog
09-29-2012, 07:12 PM
So we Draft a Nose Tackle and we move the young players up in the depth chart and the fans complain that we didn't get any free agents .The Steelers hardly ever sign big free agents.

We drafted a young nose tackle that likely won't see the field this year.

The Steelers hardly ever sign free agents, but isn't that part of the problem? I'm not saying they need to drop 100 mil on Mario Williams, but you can't tell me there isn't a free agent better than Ryan Mundy. We brought in Ryan Clark and Farrior as free agents. Two very good, solid guys. We need another free agent like that right now.