PDA

View Full Version : Threat Level?

Zachintosh66
09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
As we enter the bye week 1-2. What is your "Threat Level" for the remainder of the season?

cbrunn
09-24-2012, 01:41 PM
I voted orange ... it just doesn't look good to me ... Maybe over reaction, and i know teams don't travel out to the west well... but unless we can outscore people or we switch the def, i really think we're in trouble ...

well hey you can't always be good ... a bad season to get a game changer in the draft might be worth it...i still like the direction were gone in on Offense with the O-line and Wr

Just need better luck drafting Linebackers ...

My Motto for the season is Pay That Man (Mike Wallace)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm somewhere between blue and yellow, what color does that make? LOL

I'm not convinced that getting injured guys back is the answer but it certainly can't hurt.

Playoffs are not out the picture if things improve, but if they keep playing like this then we're in trouble. You can make a playoff run with a great offense and average defense. Both scenarios are both in play.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Real Deal Steel
09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
We are the worse running team in the league. Orange.

Big T
09-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Too early to jump ship folks. Let's take a deep breath. It will be ok lol. I agree though, between blue and yellow. With the passing game as dynamic as it is, Ben with one of his best starts ever to a season, a couple weeks to get healthy all together, getting back two former DPOYs and an every down tailback... It will all help. We'll be a competitive team.

Goodfrom55
09-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Voted blue with some concern, but overall in the NFL, no one is playing solid defense. More of a concern to me is the inability to finish a game and run when "you have to". 13 games left, strongly believe 11-5 or 10-6 is still a strong possibility. To me, winning the division means poop unless it gives you a 1st roud bye. The key is simply get to the playoffs and go from there. I'd rather peak late than limp down the stretch. That said, adjustments are necessary on defense and the running game.

LarryNJ
09-24-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm somewhere between Black & Yellow. :) Of course its a concern being 1-2, especially when Carson Palmer looks like Tom Brady for a half.

Raleigh Steel
09-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Gotta go orange. I didn't feel real good about this team going into the season and my fears have been realized so far....

LatrobePA
09-24-2012, 03:56 PM
**** brown for me! This defense sucks!

cmerrifield
09-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Blue, although we havent won a big game since New England last year. The key to this defense is a pass rush, Harrison will make a difference if healthy. If Harrison cant get healthy, then I am at red.

SuperSteelers
09-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I pick orange:
No running game to speak of and it will not matter who totes the rock. Worst in the NFL. No defense period. At best just mediocre at stopping the run and seriously just bad at stopping the pass. Just a bad tackling D all together. You are only as good as your last game and you can clearly see this team has issues. If the Jets had any type of passing game the Steelers would be 0-3 right now.

Just wait till the Steelers defense play the Eagles. The Eagles have a pretty bad O-line but by the end of the game the Steelers D will make the Eagles O-line look like an all world pro-bowl O-line. This game will be a confidence builder for the Eagles O-line due to how week the Steelers defense is.

Nolrog
09-24-2012, 06:24 PM
I cast my vote with Flame in mind.

steelspikes
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Could not vote because Blue sounds worse than Yellow. But too early to panic. Offense is ok if we can run better when Mendy returns. If Troy & Harrison can't elevate defense, then we are screwed.

The Lakelander
09-24-2012, 08:03 PM
This team has one of the most dynamic passing offenses in the league ... and a QB who knows how to win ...

New Orleans won a Super Bowl on that formula not too long ago ...

The defense is a concern, yes ...

But Troy is our best player and he's a difference maker ... He's missed two games early ... we are 1-1 in those games ....

Looking back to last season, the defense was hot and cold ... it seems LeBeau has some teams numbers while other teams play us well ...

We have played historically poorly on the West Coast ... and that trend continues ...

If the O-line can stay healthy enough, this team will be fine ...

I selected "Blue" ... leaning towards "Green" ... I honestly think this team is going to win and be a contender ... and I doubt that very many NFL teams are licking their chops at playing against us ...

Watch out for Barron Batch ... He hasn't flashed much yet, but clearly the coaches like this kid ... the running game will take on a strong dynamic as the season progresses ... we have some interesting horses in the stable ...

PLAYMAKERS! ... guys who can break a game wide open ... Wallace ... Brown ... Rainey ... I'll make a case for Sanders soon enough! ...

Haley has already brought Heath into a serious Red Zone significance! ...

Be patient people! ...

cbrunn
09-24-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't think Troy is a difference maker much anymore ... His play has been going downhill for years now ... He does what ever he wants and is a liability in coverage these days because he does what ever he wants ... Need to put the chains on him a little bit

SuperSteelers
09-24-2012, 09:10 PM
This team has one of the most dynamic passing offenses in the league ... and a QB who knows how to win ...

New Orleans won a Super Bowl on that formula not too long ago ...

The defense is a concern, yes ...

But Troy is our best player and he's a difference maker ... He's missed two games early ... we are 1-1 in those games ....

Looking back to last season, the defense was hot and cold ... it seems LeBeau has some teams numbers while other teams play us well ...

We have played historically poorly on the West Coast ... and that trend continues ...

If the O-line can stay healthy enough, this team will be fine ...

I selected "Blue" ... leaning towards "Green" ... I honestly think this team is going to win and be a contender ... and I doubt that very many NFL teams are licking their chops at playing against us ...

Watch out for Barron Batch ... He hasn't flashed much yet, but clearly the coaches like this kid ... the running game will take on a strong dynamic as the season progresses ... we have some interesting horses in the stable ...

PLAYMAKERS! ... guys who can break a game wide open ... Wallace ... Brown ... Rainey ... I'll make a case for Sanders soon enough! ...

Haley has already brought Heath into a serious Red Zone significance! ...

Be patient people! ...

Their is no patience to have. You wants some stats:

The numbers don't lie
Record after 3 games .....% of teams to make playoffs
3-0...........................................75.9
2-1...........................................54.9
1-2...........................................23.3
0-3...........................................2.8

If the Steelers lose the next game it is all but over for them making the playoffs. Very slim percentage for a 1-3 team to make the playoffs.

steelersbabex25
09-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Voted blue with some concern, but overall in the NFL, no one is playing solid defense.

No one is playing solid defense? No one is playing solid period. Every team has looked like **** for atleast one game this season, with a few small exceptions.

steelfury455
09-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm more between yellow and blue. Very legit d-line concerns and weak LB play thus far. With the defense no longer feared, all the pressure will be put on Ben to put up Madden numbers. But for the people about to jump off a bridge, there's 26 teams currently that are either 1-2 or 2-1, +1 after MNF. Save the jumping until the second half of the season...

Nolrog
09-25-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't think Troy is a difference maker much anymore ... His play has been going downhill for years now ... He does what ever he wants and is a liability in coverage these days because he does what ever he wants ... Need to put the chains on him a little bit

Difference maker or not, he's still a lot better than Mundy. And Harrison is a lot better than Worilds. Once they get back, the defense will improve.

UKSTEELER
09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I went for yellow, i still believe we can get it done.

Eagles is a must win though and we need Harrison and Troy back for it.

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Yellow/Orange... if the running game doesn't pick it up and Harrison or Polamalu doesnt play healthy, then red. Even with Polamalu back, the liability still lies in coverage. He does not help us there, and in this NFL a ball hawk (think Ed Reed) is what you need at safety.

Goodfrom55
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
No one is playing solid defense? No one is playing solid period. Every team has looked like **** for atleast one game this season, with a few small exceptions.

That's what I mean; everyone is off to a crap start, except for a couple teams. That's why I'm not overly worried. Perhaps people forget the year the Steelers beat the Seahawks in the SB, at one point, the Steelers were 7-5. I still believe the Steelers can / will finish 11-5 or 10-6 and make the playoffs.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Somewhere earlier I predicted an 8/8 season. Don't want to see it but, looks like the keystone cops again this year. Defense is useless. Offense can only go so far before it starts to really break down. Color ORANGE.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2012, 08:12 AM
So far we've played 1 good team (at the time), 1 average team, and 1 bad team. We lose to the good and bad and beat the average...yeah I suppose that rights on track.

I would have liked to see us 3-0, certainly it was an attainable goal. Giving up this early in the season is just pointless, although concern is definitely warranted. You normally have to give them until mid season to get a true sense of how things are going.

Goodfrom55
09-26-2012, 02:54 PM
If the Steelers are 3-5 after 8 games, then it will be time to call Father Bill.

Thankfully, Steelers are not there yet. Their next 5 games will set the table for feast or famine (Philly, @Tennessee, @Cincy, Washington, @NYG).

Goodfrom55
09-26-2012, 02:55 PM
No, I haven't been drinking, but after this stretch, I think the Steelers will come through 4-1, overall 5-3.

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2012, 05:37 PM
The Steelers have to at the very least split with the Ravens and they really need to win the game they have with the Ravenin Pittsburgh because the 2nd game is two weeks later in Baltimore and the Steelers simply cannot afford to drop a home game to the Ravens in the regular season like they have the last 2 years. While the Bengals will hang around in this division I still think the Steelers can handle them and can beat them both times. This division goes through the Ravens and the Steelers MUST beat the Ravens if they want to win this division. If they do not they have no chance of winning it period it's really that simple...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2012, 08:37 AM
I can't see any way the Steelers can justify losing any more conference games, let alone any divisional games coming up. We certainly know the Ravens will lose a few more games this season and the Bengals aren't near capable of going undefeated the rest of the way. So the wiggle room may still be there but it's minimal at best.

NYCsteelersfan
09-28-2012, 01:59 AM
So far we've played 1 good team (at the time), 1 average team, and 1 bad team. We lose to the good and bad and beat the average...yeah I suppose that rights on track.

This is a serious question: which team is good? Because I think all three teams we played are complete crap.

If the Steelers are 3-5 after 8 games, then it will be time to call Father Bill.

Thankfully, Steelers are not there yet. Their next 5 games will set the table for feast or famine (Philly, @Tennessee, @Cincy, Washington, @NYG).

3-5 is exactly what they'll be. You can mark it down now, barring injuries, there's about a 10% chance that the Steelers beat Washington and the Giants. There's no way coaches like Coughlin and Shanahan lost to Tomlin. And I just don't see this team winning three in a row. We'll probably lose to Tennessee or Cincinnati. Andy Reid is one of the few coaches in the league that's worse than Tomlin.

Blazedby92
09-28-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm with Larry on this and as I said before it is WAY to early to throw in the terrible towel, I'm waiting for everyone to get healthy and then I will put my 2 cents in so until then who knows, I'd hate for Sapp to be right