PDA

View Full Version : redman fans

Clevelandsux
09-23-2012, 10:35 PM
While im not the biggest mendenhall fan, all of you who were chanting for Isaac Redman? Well this is what you got! No running game. Redman is what he is. A 3rd down back, but not capable of carrying the load.

LatrobePA
09-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Redman is a turd always has been. But don't put this loss on the offense! 31 points should win against **** teams!

Clevelandsux
09-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Agreed, but would have helped control the clock had we been able to run the ball. That's Steelers football.Two turnovers and several turnovers didn't help.

Redman is another Amos zerouie, however he spelled it.

SteelerCountry58
09-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Haha,turd. Hopefully when Mendy gets back the other fill in guys can get back
to their roles and we can mix things up better. Let's face it, Mendy is the featured back
and until he returns we have a mediocre ground attack. Once he's in there,we should be
fine at sustaining drives and not relying so much on Ben to bail us out.:crossfingers:

Goodfrom55
09-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Can't be one dimensional in the NFL and expect to win many games. . .Looking forward to Mendy's return. Won't solve all the world's problems, but should help the running game.

connecticutsteel
09-23-2012, 11:00 PM
One stop in the second half and we win let's face it Carter and McLendon ,Mundy and the replacement referees lack the skills needed to achive in the NFL. After Spence got hurt we should have signed Farrior to a deal at least we should have given him a look

Farrior Fan
09-24-2012, 12:50 AM
I don't think there are any Redman fans left..........

SnakeEyes43
09-24-2012, 04:47 AM
I like Redman as a situational back...he has a role to play on the offense, just not as a starter.

Anyway, Redman isn't the reason we lost this game. Turnovers, STUPID penalties, and a weak D are.

UKSTEELER
09-24-2012, 06:57 AM
i wouldn't fancy running behind this Oline, . . . Mendy will improve our run game to an extent, . . but don't hold your breath . . . . the Colon experiment is a failure . . . two years out of football and a new position are showing on him . . . Gilbert is a lightweight in the run game . . .

there isn't a whole lot there to hit!

steelersbabex25
09-24-2012, 08:26 AM
i wouldn't fancy running behind this Oline, . . . Mendy will improve our run game to an extent, . . but don't hold your breath . . . . the Colon experiment is a failure . . . two years out of football and a new position are showing on him . . . Gilbert is a lightweight in the run game . . .

there isn't a whole lot there to hit!

My thoughts exactly. I don't think Redman has been given a fair chance to see if he can be the one to carry the load back. He gets minimal chances to run (understandable) behind a terrible offensive line. Like UK said, I'd be extremely surprised if Mendenhall can do much better once he gets back. Especially behind this line.

CowherPower
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm not giving up on Redman yet, but I'm not impressed with Dwyer the last 2 weeks really either. Neither one of them has been able to do anything and it doesn't look like they'll get a fair chance anytime soon because once again our offensive line has been injured in 2 of the first 3 weeks of the season.

Real Deal Steel
09-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Agreed, but would have helped control the clock had we been able to run the ball. That's Steelers football.Two turnovers and several turnovers didn't help.

Redman is another Amos zerouie, however he spelled it.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

When you don't have a running game, and have the lead, you can't grind the game out. But the run blocking of the O-line is pathetic. To run the ball takes a tough mindset. It's obvious to me that this team is soft. They want to be "pretty" and pass all the time. This team is an embarrassment to the history of this franchise. Their soft sissys, who can't be physical and run the ball. JUST A ****ING EMBARRASMENT to our history. And this lays at the feet of Tomlin.

Real Deal Steel
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Any Steeler team that is this pathetic at running the ball doesn't deserve to even have the chance at a sniff of the playoffs.

Real Deal Steel
09-24-2012, 09:34 AM
F&cking sissys.

LatrobePA
09-24-2012, 10:08 AM
The plan was to attack their banged up secondary and they did.

Real Deal Steel
09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
But once you get the lead, you have to be able to run the ball to keep it. Again, go look at the Texans. The Texans are more like the Steeler way of playing football then the Steelers of today!

LatrobePA
09-24-2012, 10:16 AM
But once you get the lead, you have to be able to run the ball to keep it. Again, go look at the Texans. The Texans are more like the Steeler way of playing football then the Steelers of today!

I agree 100%, right now this team cannot run the ball, I don't blame the o line as much as I do the soft *** running from these turds we have.

steelchamp204
09-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Ive been a Reman fan for awhile now. I will say this.

Yea, Redman just needs to hit the hole instead of toetapping sometimes, but you are only as good as the O-line. This O-line can pass block pretty decent, but when it comes to the run game, it doesnt matter if it is Redman, Dwyer, Rainey, Batch. It doesnt matter. Also Red doesnt have the speed to bounce it outside. Can he do better, yes he can but please do not act like he is running behind a HOF group of linemen. I am all for Mendy coming back and starting, I realize now Red can NOT carry the load. Comne on though, be realistic here.

Big T
09-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Ive been a Reman fan for awhile now. I will say this.

Yea, Redman just needs to hit the hole instead of toetapping sometimes, but you are only as good as the O-line. This O-line can pass block pretty decent, but when it comes to the run game, it doesnt matter if it is Redman, Dwyer, Rainey, Batch. It doesnt matter. Also Red doesnt have the speed to bounce it outside. Can he do better, yes he can but please do not act like he is running behind a HOF group of linemen. I am all for Mendy coming back and starting, I realize now Red can NOT carry the load. Comne on though, be realistic here.

There's the double standard though. People have been bashing Mendenhall for his lack of production (which makes no sense since he's produced every year since becoming the starter), and saying how much better Redman is... While all us "Mendenhall apologists" get told off when we say how ****** the line is, and he isn't solely to blame. So when Mendenhall struggled, it was on him. Now that Redman is struggling, it's the line...

It is music to my ears though hearing everyone finally hopping off the Redman bandwagon. 'bout time...

Ibleedblk&gld
09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I blame the O-line before I blame redman...it would be nice if the o-line could open some holes for redman to run through

steelchamp204
09-24-2012, 02:17 PM
There's the double standard though. People have been bashing Mendenhall for his lack of production (which makes no sense since he's produced every year since becoming the starter), and saying how much better Redman is... While all us "Mendenhall apologists" get told off when we say how ****** the line is, and he isn't solely to blame. So when Mendenhall struggled, it was on him. Now that Redman is struggling, it's the line...

It is music to my ears though hearing everyone finally hopping off the Redman bandwagon. 'bout time...

Yea, I was a Mendy basher, but I didnt put all the blame on him. Oline has issues as well. Lets hope Mendy can be back soon, hopefully after the bye.

Real Deal Steel
09-24-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't think Redman is the greatess either, But it's the O-line before you blame ANY runningback. The O-line is soft. Period.

K Train
09-24-2012, 06:30 PM
a WHOLE lot of backpeddaling coming from the redman supporters, but also a whole lot of blame on the oline which was never an issue for the mighty bruising redman before when it was for mendenhall so why would it be now?????? first it was "Mendenhall dances and spins too much, redman needs a chance to shine, no one runs as hard as redman" and now its "Redman is tiptoeing but hes needs helpt from his line".

i said with redman they would be a bottom 5 rushing team, i thought i was being dramatic....bottom 2 lol, one of those times it sucks to be right.

steelersbabex25
09-24-2012, 06:58 PM
a WHOLE lot of backpeddaling coming from the redman supporters, but also a whole lot of blame on the oline which was never an issue for the mighty bruising redman before when it was for mendenhall so why would it be now?????? first it was "Mendenhall dances and spins too much, redman needs a chance to shine, no one runs as hard as redman" and now its "Redman is tiptoeing but hes needs helpt from his line".

i said with redman they would be a bottom 5 rushing team, i thought i was being dramatic....bottom 2 lol, one of those times it sucks to be right.

I had a feeling you'd say something like that..

K Train
09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
i had a feeling there would be a lot of saying "i always knew redman was a situational back"...or something along those lines

or maybe my favorite "i never said wallace was expendable"

LatrobePA
09-24-2012, 08:02 PM
i had a feeling there would be a lot of saying "i always knew redman was a situational back"...or something along those lines

or maybe my favorite "i never said wallace was expendable"

You love it!

BubbyBlister
09-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Combination of two things. 1. The Oline is just not that good. 2. To many slow developing draw plays to the rbs. Mendy will help some since he is a little faster but if they really want to have a running game they need to just hand off right away to the rb. As I said in another thread I'm not worried about a running game as long as they put up 30 points a game. These short passes In Hailey's playbook makes up for not having a running game and works for other teams such as the Pats and etc.

And for those saying we need a running game to run out the clock bs and if your defense gives up more then 30 points a game there lies the problem.

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I myself have always been a Redman supporter.. still am. He has tons of value as a change of pace guy. Any way you look at it, he is no Jerome Bettis. Guys that would have fit the scheme perfectly: Michael Bush, Cedric Benson, Ben-Jarvus Green Ellis....

Mendenhall is not the answer either. Fast, but not fast enough. Elusive, but not elusive enough. Doesnt run HARD, goes east/west too much. Not a great receiver out of the backfield.

jpele
09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
When the choice is between Redman &Dwyer i'm still a redman fan . All you dwyer fans can have his 3 carries for -1 yrd and fumble . Keep telling me how much better dwyer is.

How can anyone blame a running back for this loss ? We held the ball gor 36 min. Scored 31 points and the pathetic Raiders beat us. Take another stab in the blame game , you're not even close on this one.

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 03:27 PM
When the choice is between Redman &Dwyer i'm still a redman fan . All you dwyer fans can have his 3 carries for -1 yrd and fumble . Keep telling me how much better dwyer is.

How can anyone blame a running back for this loss ? We held the ball gor 36 min. Scored 31 points and the pathetic Raiders beat us. Take another stab in the blame game , you're not even close on this one.

This one is clearly on the defense. No doubt about that. Anyone that thinks otherwise is crazy

Goodfrom55
09-25-2012, 03:40 PM
The brown fumble, BIG, the Dwyer fumble, BIG, the defense not adjusting and allowing Palmer to march right down the field for the winning score - WINNER! This game was on the defense, bottom line.

LatrobePA
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Besides Mendy we do not have a starting RB on this roster. Not even close, there were some out there too!

MySteelerNation
09-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Besides Mendy we do not have a starting RB on this roster. Not even close, there were some out there too!

Michael Bush
Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
Cedric Benson
Joseph Addai

I'd take any of those guys over Dwyer... BUT, behind this offensive line, Barry Sanders and Sweetness wouldnt pick up much either.

LatrobePA
09-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Michael Bush
Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
Cedric Benson
Joseph Addai

I'd take any of those guys over Dwyer... BUT, behind this offensive line, Barry Sanders and Sweetness wouldnt pick up much either.

Ced Benson had Steeler written all over him IMO! We blew it not signing him!!

Big T
09-25-2012, 05:46 PM
I myself have always been a Redman supporter.. still am. He has tons of value as a change of pace guy. Any way you look at it, he is no Jerome Bettis. Guys that would have fit the scheme perfectly: Michael Bush, Cedric Benson, Ben-Jarvus Green Ellis....

Mendenhall is not the answer either. Fast, but not fast enough. Elusive, but not elusive enough. Doesnt run HARD, goes east/west too much. Not a great receiver out of the backfield.

How are you going to say that Mendenhall isn't the answer because he isn't fast enough or elusive enough but also say that Bush, Benson, or Green Ellis would be perfect? Mendenhall is faster and more elusive than any of the players you mentioned lol. And saying that he's "not a great receiver out of the backfield" is completely laughable. Just because the man was never utilized the right way under Arians' system and barely ever asked to be a receiver, doesn't mean he can't do it. He's most definitely shown the ability to be a very good reliever out of the backfield and I honestly don't see how that can be disputed.

Blazedby92
09-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Michael Bush
Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
Cedric Benson
Joseph Addai

All those RB's are trash as running except maybe Bush.

All problems will be solved when Rushard "to the sidelines" Mendenhall gets back. Get real people

Get7With7
09-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Michael Bush
Ben Jarvus Green Ellis
Cedric Benson
Joseph Addai

Don't forget Brandon Jacobs was out there in the free agent market for a while before the 49ers eventually picked him up. While the offensive line isn't great, Redman and Dwyer look hesitant at times. The front office should have picked up some more pedigree at the position over the offseason.

Phenomenal TJ
09-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not really sure why some folks thought that he was going to somehow turn into a mauler in the backfield this year. Why? Because he had a great play against the Ravens a few years ago where he pulled half of their defense into the endzone with him? lmao.

Real Deal Steel
09-26-2012, 12:00 PM
I don't care if Moses was running the ball, the O-line isn't getting it done. So it doesn't matter.

steelchamp204
09-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Just putting this out there. Could you imagine the one two combo of Mendenhall and Benson if both were healthy and Benson was on the Steelers. Well should I say could you imagine that combo if we had a semi decent line at the moment. Talking abut running clock lol. Only if it was true.