PDA

View Full Version : No "no-huddle" against the Jets

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Maybe we just got a teaser of the no huddle in week 1, because we really didn't see it in week 2. Apparently Tomlin was thinking of running it and Ben was all for it but Haley never used it.

It's all based on how situations play out in the game and from this information it's clear that Haley is definitely running the show on offense. I hope they don't just shelve it until they're in another situation where they are either down or just need a spark.

“That’s Coach Haley’s call. He’s the one that calls all of the plays. There was no no-huddle. Our no-huddle is usually when we have three wide receivers on the field. They saw something and wanted to run the ball with multiple tight ends and keep you guys and the fans happy I guess.”

Roethlisberger said the issue came up just once, and it was Mike Tomlin who mentioned it.

“Right before halftime, Coach Tomlin came to me and asked what I thought about it. I was all for it but we never really got to it. We got the win. That’s all that matters.”

Onto some stuff: - Ed Bouchette (http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118147-ed-ben-says-refs-starting-play-clock-too-quickly)

Get7With7
09-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Maybe Coach Art phoned down and said he wanted more running plays? :greengrin:

LatrobePA
09-20-2012, 09:53 AM
We ate up the clock and won... NH or not!!

Big T
09-20-2012, 11:38 AM
There was no need for it.

Goodfrom55
09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Steelers are dominating TOP so far in two games. . .imagine how hard it will be to stop the Steelers once the running game kicks in.

Real Deal Steel
09-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I love the thought of dominating TOP. But in this game against the Raiders, against a rag/tag secondary, I could see us going no huddle from the start and jumping on them. Allowing us to tee off a little bit on Carson Palmer. But I feel that either way, the offense will put up atleast three TD's this week.

Goodfrom55
09-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Get up on the early and make them one dimensional. And then - pin your ears back and go get some Carson.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2012, 11:14 PM
I'd love to see them jump on the no huddle right out of the gate. The Raiders crowd will be noisy so moving the ball and scoring quickly can shut them up.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

coldrolled
09-21-2012, 08:01 AM
I'd love to see them jump on the no huddle right out of the gate. The Raiders crowd will be noisy so moving the ball and scoring quickly can shut them up.

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Ditto