PDA

View Full Version : WHAT NEW STEELER

BlitzburghNation
01-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Reminds you most of an OLD STEELER from the 70's ????????
For me it's Polamalu,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Puts me in mind of Donnie Shell & Mel Blount
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

K Train
01-28-2007, 05:22 PM
little before my time

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Ben reminds me of Terry Bradshaw in some ways. Terry was a gunslinger, took chances, hung his WR's out for the kill at times...but never lacked in confidence, heart, or toughness. Im not saying Ben is on Terry's level yet by any means but he could be when it's all said and done if things work out.

Captcoolhand
01-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Ben reminds me of Terry Bradshaw in some ways. Terry was a gunslinger, took chances, hung his WR's out for the kill at times...but never lacked in confidence, heart, or toughness. Im not saying Ben is on Terry's level yet by any means but he could be when it's all said and done if things work out.
Give him A Stallworth and Swann and Ben could be:yesnod:

SteelerSal
01-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I would have to say that James Harrison reminds me of Lambert in his toughness and style of play.
Ike two seasons ago reminded me of Blount or Woodson minus INT's. (needs to work on catching the ball)LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Give him A Stallworth and Swann and Ben could be:yesnod:

He's already got a Hines; now he needs his Santonio to come up big for him consistently and he should be good :bigthumb:

TEEMONT
01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Kriewalt reminds me of Bryan Hinkle.

BB2W
01-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Jeff Hartings playing with pain and despite injuries reminds me of some of the great Steelers centers in the past.

Steelersfan
01-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I would have to say that James Harrison reminds me of Lambert in his toughness and style of play.
Ike two seasons ago reminded me of Blount or Woodson minus INT's. (needs to work on catching the ball)LOL

I agree with both those. And I especially agree about Ike hanging on to the ball! :lol:

You get Lamberts attitude into Harrison and that's one badass linebacker!

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Jeff Hartings playing with pain and despite injuries reminds me of some of the great Steelers centers in the past.

Jeff Hartings has been a decent center but he doesn't hold a candle to Mike Webster or Dermotti Dawson who were the centers by which all other will forever be judged. Those guys had hotel suites reserved in Hawaii every year! Webster played in 9 pro bowls and Dermotti Dawson played in 7. Hartings has played in 2. I realize that pro bowls are a result of team play and are not all individual achievements. With that being said the offensive lines that included Webster and Dawson were more dominating O-lines IMO.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 06:20 PM

well never lacked in confidence doesn't fit ben at all, he lacked it all year, that's why he was a bitch falling all the time and being afraid to run............and i wouldn't want a bradshaw type player now, bradshaw wouldn't even be on a team if he in this era............

i can't answer the question though i was born in 85

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Both of these guys incredibly strong! Kolb competed in strong man contests after he retired from football. He was a horse just like Faneca.

:hail:

BB2W
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Jeff Hartings has been a decent center but he doesn't hold a candle to Mike Webster or Dermotti Dawson who were the centers by which all other will forever be judged. Those guys had hotel suites reserved in Hawaii every year! Webster played in 9 pro bowls and Dermotti Dawson played in 7. Hartings has played in 2. I realize that pro bowls are a result of team play and are not all individual achievements. With that being said the offensive lines that included Webster and Dawson were more dominating O-lines IMO.
I didn't say his number of Pro-Bowl appearances or skill level reminded me of some of the great Steelers centers in the past.

I was talking about his toughness and his ability to play through pain and strap it up every Sunday.

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
well never lacked in confidence doesn't fit ben at all, he lacked it all year, that's why he was a bitch falling all the time and being afraid to run............and i wouldn't want a bradshaw type player now, bradshaw wouldn't even be on a team if he in this era............

:nono:

Koopa......That last statement is soooooo not true! Bradshaw was a great QB and I am sorry you didn't get to watch him play. The man had a CANNON for an arm and was a 2 time Superbowl MVP. He is in the Pro Football HOF and he led the Black & Gold to 4 championships! He was a clutch player who played his best when it counted (just ask the Raiders or the Cowboys). I always thought that Terry reminded me of John Elway (same build and same strong arm). To say he wouldn't even be on a team if he played in todays game is just not a true statement! Terry is one of the main reasons coaching legend John Madden retired with only 1 championship! He is part of the reason the Steelers are considered one of the best franchises EVER!

Koopa......please don't bash the ICONS!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 06:46 PM

The toughness and attitude and talent of Bradshaw is something I would want in any of today's QB's. He wasn't afraid to take a hit and stood in the pocket till the WR got open; all be it sometimes too long but you can accuse any QB of that at times but the point is..Ben's confidence did waiver a bit during the season but he always got out there and kept fighting and you have to admire that attitude; he just didn't execute all the time properly because he was either running for his life or getting hit all the time, lost alot of playing time in the offseason, any number of factors we all know of. I'll take a Bradshaw type QB any day !

Koopa
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
didn't he only have 2 more td's then he had int's for his career??? those kind of numbers would not keep you in the league....... that era can't compete with anyone now a days, the ppl now a days are just as strong but WAY faster.... the way bradshaw threw picks back in the 70s he be favre of last year every year pick city

BlitzburghNation
01-28-2007, 06:58 PM

Say crap like that about a player you havent even watched play !
He had a cannon for an arm & he's a steeler legend :tt02:
He also took massive hit's back in the day & would get back up and continue playing,,,,,,,,,,,You should be commenting about 2-days QB's and there beloved SLIDE and how Defenses can't touch a QB without drawing a 15 yard penalty,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :tt02: :bigthumb: :popcorn:

Koopa
01-28-2007, 07:14 PM
well i'm not knocking what he did back in the 70s.....but if that bradshaw came into the league now he wouldn't even be a practice squad member, he's stats in the 70s are that impressive, and now a days, the players are just as strong or stronger and much much much faster....... he'd throw at least 5 picks a game

BlitzburghNation
01-28-2007, 07:32 PM
well i'm not knocking what he did back in the 70s.....but if that bradshaw came into the league now he wouldn't even be a practice squad member, he's stats in the 70s are that impressive, and now a days, the players are just as strong or stronger and much much much faster....... he'd throw at least 5 picks a game

Trying to get a rise out of us older steeler faithful :tt02:
Not gonna :deadhorse: But TRUE STEELER FAN'S don't put down steeler players, especially one's that won 4 superbowls :bigthumb:
This thread was meant to compare old players with new players :wtf:

TEEMONT
01-28-2007, 07:33 PM

You are waaay off on this one dude. There are TONS of QB's in the league (starters at that) who wouldn't have even been good enough to be Bradshaws back-up. With your asinine comment you are pretty much stating that the likes of Charlie Btach, Ben, Daunte Culpepper, and Eli Manning are better than Bradshaw was. The old Steel Curtain might not hold up well in todays game, but QB is not a position that has really changed much in 30-40 years.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Trying to get a rise out of us older steeler faithful :tt02:
Not gonna :deadhorse: But TRUE STEELER FAN'S don't put down steeler players, especially one's that won 4 superbowls :bigthumb:
This thread was meant to compare old players with new players :wtf:

again, i'm not knocking what he did, i'm saying if he came in todays game he would not be good.......what he did for the steelers in the 70s was great, but looking at his stats, he would not be good in this era.........

Koopa
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
You are waaay off on this one dude. There are TONS of QB's in the league (starters at that) who wouldn't have even been good enough to be Bradshaws back-up. With your asinine comment you are pretty much stating that the likes of Charlie Btach, Ben, Daunte Culpepper, and Eli Manning are better than Bradshaw was. The old Steel Curtain might not hold up well in todays game, but QB is not a position that has really changed much in 30-40 years.

well look at his stats against those slow *** defenses back in the day, he only had 2 more tds then ints.....the league would be to fast for him and it would be pick city all day

TEEMONT
01-28-2007, 07:47 PM
well look at his stats against those slow *** defenses back in the day, he only had 2 more tds then ints.....the league would be to fast for him and it would be pick city all day

No way dude, had he grown up playing in the 90's in HS and college, his skills would be the same or better than most QB's today.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 07:49 PM
i don't know, he threw way to many ints for me to think he'd be any good now, also, as i keep saying if that terry bradshaw played in todays nfl.....i'm not saying if he grew up in todays era......

TEEMONT
01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I'd take 70's Bradshaw over Ben any day of the week.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 08:13 PM
did ben steal your chick or something??? you sure to hate on him a lot........

TEEMONT
01-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I think there is a difference between hatin and tellin it like it is. You talk abotu Bradshaw having the terrible TD/INT ratio, look at Bens this year.

Not only that I just don't think Ben is that good of a QB. And yeah I met him once at Casey's drafthouse, he was kind of a dick.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Koop one thing about Terry Bradshaw he didn't care about stats. All that guy cared about was winning and he played his best in the big games. The 4 Super Bowls he won proves that.

He was truely a special player and he had the confidence that he could make any throw. Thats why he threw so many INT's and the fact defensive players could actually play defense back in Bradshaw's day.

If the rules that are in place today would have been in place when Bradshaw played then I think Terry's stats would have been alot better.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 08:21 PM
well, he did get his head smashed into a windshield with no helmet, right before the season he had his appendix removed, and then another concussion when he was having a career day..... i don't see how you can expect him to have good stats this year...... so i don't know what you are really telling like it is.....he did good his rookie year, he did good his sophomore year......

TEEMONT
01-28-2007, 08:24 PM
That still doens't make him better than Bradshaw......Ben is an avg QB even when he is at his best.

SteelerSal
01-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Let's not forget that Bradshaw called his own plays.

58Lambert
01-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Damn right kid, you're not qualified to compare the current players with the ones who played before you were even born. All you're going by are stats, which can be blinding at times. Look at Dan Marino with stats up in the stratosphere, but NO Super Bowl titles. It's the final results that matter... 4 SB titles. So, don't dis Bradshaw or any other Steeler before 1985 :clueless:

Koopa
01-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Damn right kid, you're not qualified to compare the current players with the ones who played before you were even born. All you're going by are stats, which can be blinding at times. Look at Dan Marino with stats up in the stratosphere, but NO Super Bowl titles. It's the final results that matter... 4 SB titles. So, don't dis Bradshaw or any other Steeler before 1985 :clueless:

no **** i'm going by stats, i never said i was going by anything else....if you'd notice i kept only talking about his stats..... damn old ppl, getting y'alls panties all tied in a bunch

BlitzburghNation
01-28-2007, 10:32 PM

:iagree:
This was soppose to be compare old steeler to new steeler and KOOPA had to talk "stats" about the best steeler QB to date !
Stats don't mean a thing if you ain't got that RING :clap: or should I say RING'S,,,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

BB2W
01-28-2007, 10:43 PM
:popcorn:

House of Steel
01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Peyton Manning is a true reminder of Bradshaw, a gun-slinger. John Elway, same thing, Brett Favre in his prime, same scenario. You, my friend, are dead wrong in your arguement. Bradshaw would dominate anyone in this league. I don't care what you say, Put the 1974, 1975, 1977, and 1978 Steelers team on the field with today's team, that is not even a matchup. Steelers dominate by a mile and then some.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 11:12 PM
According to you, why is Peyton Manning going to the Super Bowl for? Isn't he a gun-slinger too who can't outrun the "speed of these guys"?!?! Nice argument DUMBASS!! :bsflag:

what???? peyton is not a gun slinger, he doesn't just throw the ball and make crazy plays.....peyton is a very smart player and puts the ball on the money and doesn't take crazy *** chances like bradshaw did...... i don't understand how you can't get that through your head...... are you stupid or something???

and, what does the speed of the qb have to with it?? i didn't say bradshaw is slow..... i guess i got to explain all the way when i talk about the speed of defenses.....i thought it was obvious what i was talking about....but i forget you are a slow person.....what i mean when i talk about the defenses being faster now is, that they react to everything much faster, the db's get to the ball much faster, which means the way bradshaw played would lead to more ints then he got, and he got a lot in his day cause he didn't care and just tried to make a play out of everything.......

you can no longer do that anymore, you have to be smart with your throws.......

Koopa
01-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Peyton Manning is a true reminder of Bradshaw, a gun-slinger. John Elway, same thing, Brett Favre in his prime, same scenario. You, my friend, are dead wrong in your arguement. Bradshaw would dominate anyone in this league. I don't care what you say, Put the 1974, 1975, 1977, and 1978 Steelers team on the field with today's team, that is not even a matchup. Steelers dominate by a mile and then some.

again, did you not read earlier when i said in todays game, as in the present time, as in 2007

bret favre has brought that gun slinging crazy qb style into this era, and has failed, it is pick city

so actually you bringing favre into this helps my argument, cause that style of plays will lead to a lot of turnovers

and again.....will you stop bringing the 70s teams into this....i'm not talking about them, i think they were great, and agree that they could dominate a few of these teams

but bradshaws style of play just doesn't work anymore...again you have to be smart with your throws.....bradshaw took crazy chances all the time and ended up with a lot of ints.....the same would happen if he brought that style in to todays games.......

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Ok Koop now you sound like Hollywood Henderson when cutting on Bradshaws intelligence. I don't think Terry Bradshaw is as dumb as you think he is. He just didn't throw the ball up in the air for grabs like you claim. He just had the guts to take chances. Plus he didn't care about stats. All Bradshaw cared about was winning and he played his best in the big games.

As for comparing eras its tough to do but don't say Bradshaw would be crap today if he played. That does take away from his greatness. Plus we don't know that as fact if he would be crap if he played today.

I guess Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Ray Nitschke,Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier,Fran Tarkenton, Mel Blount and the rest of the great players from the past would be crap also today?

Koopa
01-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Ok Koop now you sound like Hollywood Henderson when cutting on Bradshaws intelligence. I don't think Terry Bradshaw is as dumb as you think he is. He just didn't throw the ball up in the air for grabs like you claim. He just had the guts to take chances. Plus he didn't care about stats. All Bradshaw cared about was winning and he played his best in the big games.

As for comparing eras its tough to do but don't say Bradshaw would be crap today if he played. That does take away from his greatness. Plus we don't know that as fact if he would be crap if he played today.

I guess Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Ray Nitschke,Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier,Fran Tarkenton, Mel Blount and the rest of the great players from the past would be crap also today?

aww here we go, i didn't say he stupid, i said from what i've read.... why can't y'all ppl read correct??? ****......

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2007, 11:24 PM
*sighs* i truely believe something is wrong with you in the head......... i don't get how you can't tell the difference between what i'm saying and what y'all think i'm saying

i don't get how y'all thinking i'm talking down on what bradshaw did for this team

all i've been saying is the type of player he was wouldn't work now....qb's can no longer just throw it in the air and take crazy chances like him and succeed..... now a days you have to be a smart player......and from everything i read on bradshaw he wasn't a very intelligent player..... so again, i'm not talking down on what he did for the steelers in his career, and i'm not saying he was a bad player...... again i'm saying his style of play would not work in todays era......

Read your own post you today you have to be a smart player and from what you read Bradshaw wasn't a very intelligent player. Ok koopa you actually didn't call Bradshaw stupid but you questioned his intelligence.

DIESELMAN
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM

Koopa
01-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Read your own post you today you have to be a smart player and from what you read Bradshaw wasn't a very intelligent player. Ok koopa you actually didn't call Bradshaw stupid but you questioned his intelligence.

well no ****, i questioned it cause i kept reading it......

58Lambert
01-28-2007, 11:27 PM
... what i mean when i talk about the defenses being faster now is, that they react to everything much faster, the db's get to the ball much faster, which means the way bradshaw played would lead to more ints then he got, and he got a lot in his day cause he didn't care and just tried to make a play out of everything.......
you can no longer do that anymore, you have to be smart with your throws.......

Even with his interceptions, how the hell can you be SO sure that he wouldn't be able to handle today's game?!?! Go back to playing with your Lego's little boy!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2007, 11:27 PM
well no ****, i questioned it cause i kept reading it......

All I said I doubt Terry Bradshaw wasn't as dumb as you thought he was. Of course you couldn't handle it and had to act like a five year old. But thats nothing new.

Steelx
01-29-2007, 12:09 AM
well never lacked in confidence doesn't fit ben at all, he lacked it all year, that's why he was a bitch falling all the time and being afraid to run............Werent you the one that said get him (ben) in the game he needs to play? After arguing with me that he is good and he should play when he was staning on the sideline looking stoned out of his mind?

I didn't say his number of Pro-Bowl appearances or skill level reminded me of some of the great Steelers centers in the past. WHATS up man have not seen you in quite awhile..... Nice to see ya again.

did ben steal your chick or something??? you sure to hate on him a lot........:lol: and you didnt hate him in the first quote of this thread?

According to you, why is Peyton Manning going to the Super Bowl for? Isn't he a gun-slinger too who can't outrun the "speed of these guys"?!?! Nice argument DUMBASS!! :bsflag:Peyton is not just a gunslinger. Although I hate the guy the guy knows the game from top to bottom and bottom to top the guys has the ability to change a call at the line of scrimmage on every play and know exactly what the defense is doing. That is by no means a gunslinger. (A lot of you know how I feel aout manning as well)

well you ain't one of the 3 old ppl i'm talking about, and i'm not really even talking about 3 old ppl, just 2, who don't understand what i'm saying...... and then you come at me with whatever you said when i'm already riled up mainly cause hos is a moron and doesn't understand that i'm not talking down on the 70s steelers...... and you expect me to just shut it off and calmly talk to you???

damn finding a new steelers home is hard........any recommendations lolDude chill out and vent a little man this is a great site and there is no reason for you to leave. But if you do decide to leave dont leave on these terms because the guys in this post were not hating on you for you to be calling names and pointing them out with harsh langauge. I am a little older than you but I was taught to respect my elders and well you had no part in that. Lost some respect for you man not cool at all. just my :2cents:

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Werent you the one that said get him (ben) in the game he needs to play? After arguing with me that he is good and he should play when he was staning on the sideline looking stoned out of his mind?
WHATS up man have not seen you in quite awhile..... Nice to see ya again.

yeah because i thought since we are playing the raiders no point in sitting him if he's says he's ready, and the doctors say he's ready.....

:lol: and you didnt hate him in the first quote of this thread?

lol, yeah i did, but i asked him that cause he talks down on ben more then i do, so i figured i'd ask him now cause i read a lot of his post talking down on ben

Peyton is not just a gunslinger. Although I hate the guy the guy knows the game from top to bottom and bottom to top the guys has the ability to change a call at the line of scrimmage on every play and know exactly what the defense is doing. That is by no means a gunslinger. (A lot of you know how I feel aout manning as well)

that's why i like you, you have common sense

Dude chill out and vent a little man this is a great site and there is no reason for you to leave. But if you do decide to leave dont leave on these terms because the guys in this post were not hating on you for you to be calling names and pointing them out with harsh langauge. I am a little older than you but I was taught to respect my elders and well you had no part in that. Lost some respect for you man not cool at all. just my :2cents:

i do try to vent, but they won't get off my nuts and i'm getting tired of it, for some reason HoS always feels the need to get between stuff that has nothing to do with him....... i knew i shouldn't have taken him of my ignore list........ and i love this site but sometimes it's not even worth it, i can't stay on topic half the time because ppl get all upset when i say something they don't agree with and it ends up going into a trash thread, and it's mostly HoS that won't stop replying to me.............. and damn it's hard to find steeler sites.......... any recommendations???

Steelx
01-29-2007, 12:20 AM
i do try to vent, but they won't get off my nuts and i'm getting tired of it, for some reason HoS always feels the need to get between stuff that has nothing to do with him....... i knew i shouldn't have taken him of my ignore list........ and i love this site but sometimes it's not even worth it, i can't stay on topic half the time because ppl get all upset when i say something they don't agree with and it ends up going into a trash thread, and it's mostly HoS that won't stop replying to me.............. and damn it's hard to find steeler sites.......... any recommendations???
There are some members that do go off topic here but that happens at every site man. Just dont le tthe **** bother you this is not a living (although it might be soon) man its a hobby and a past time if you dont like something just step back. You will be a better man for doing it make the others look bad.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:23 AM
There are some members that do go off topic here but that happens at every site man. Just dont le tthe **** bother you this is not a living (although it might be soon) man its a hobby and a past time if you dont like something just step back. You will be a better man for doing it make the others look bad.

yeah i know, blackandgold32 told me the same thing, but damn it's hard to do sometimes....... i'm still to young and fiery to quite cold turkey lol........... i know it make me look just as bad and sometimes worse but sometimes i have the i don't give a damn what ppl think.......i'm learning though........i think lol.......

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Peyton is not just a gunslinger. Although I hate the guy the guy knows the game from top to bottom and bottom to top the guys has the ability to change a call at the line of scrimmage on every play and know exactly what the defense is doing. That is by no means a gunslinger. (A lot of you know how I feel aout manning as well)

Ok, I can live with that :bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
01-29-2007, 12:24 AM
yeah because i thought since we are playing the raiders no point in sitting him if he's says he's ready, and the doctors say he's ready.....

lol, yeah i did, but i asked him that cause he talks down on ben more then i do, so i figured i'd ask him now cause i read a lot of his post talking down on ben

that's why i like you, you have common sense

What did you think STEELER fans were going to say when you Threw bradshaw under the bus ? When i started this thread it was suppose to be comparing old with new,,,,,,,,and us oldies know that you was'nt even born when the "70's players played,,,,,,,,So you should've said "WASN'T ALIVE THEN SO I CAN'T COMPARE "70"s with today's" You know how passsionate all true steeler fan's are,,,,,,,,,Guess this THREAD went all to HELL :dunno:
Only been here for a month & you won't ever read me putting down any steeler player's down :tt02:

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Koopa I thought you were leaving? I can give you a list if you have a hard time finding another steelers site. Hell I think I know the perfect stillers site for you. You fit right in with the rest of the morons.

Steelx
01-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Ok, I can live with that :bigthumb:

You can live with the truth :lol:

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Koopa, I remember being 21 even though I'm "old" now. But, if you take anything with you from this Board, take this... don't talk about something you don't know anything about. Eventually, it's gonna bite you in the ***. That relates to EVERYTHING in life such as jobs, girlfriends, and networking.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:31 AM
What did you think STEELER fans were going to say when you Threw bradshaw under the bus ? When i started this thread it was suppose to be comparing old with new,,,,,,,,and us oldies know that you was'nt even born when the "70's players played,,,,,,,,So you should've said "WASN'T ALIVE THEN SO I CAN'T COMPARE "70"s with today's" You know how passsionate all true steeler fan's are,,,,,,,,,Guess this THREAD went all to HELL :dunno:
Only been here for a month & you won't ever read me putting down any steeler player's down :tt02:

well, my initial post was replying to top gun, y'all didn't have to respond to it cause it wasn't anything to do with y'all.....i was simply saying ben is not like bradshaw because ben didn't have the confiedence bradshaw did.......then when i pushed enter and said i was born in 85 so i can't answer that was when i attempted to get it back.......no one had to respond to me but top gun cause that's who i was talking to in the first place.........

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Didn't you leave yet? :lol: Or do I have to pm you a list of sites? :lol:

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 12:34 AM
You can live with the truth :lol:

I can't handle the truth!! :greengrin:

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Koopa, I remember being 21 even though I'm "old" now. But, if you take anything with you from this Board, take this... don't talk about something you don't know anything about. Eventually, it's gonna bite you in the ***. That relates to EVERYTHING in life such as jobs, girlfriends, and networking.

even though i didn't see him play, all my post before this turned into a bash thread was talking about his stats and comparing to how they would be now.....all y'all took as me saying he sucked and was a bum and shouldn't have been playing in the 70s......... i respect what bradshaw did in the 70s....i just don't see, looking at his stats....how he would be effective in todays nfl, as in 2007......

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Didn't you leave yet? :lol: Or do I have to pm you a list of sites? :lol:

lol, it's whatever

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Geez you go away for dinner for a few hours and come back to all hell breaking loose.

Enough is enough, the bickering and complaining about one another stops now !

If one more post goes up like the ones above this one gets locked.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Geez you go away for dinner for a few hours and come back to all hell breaking loose.

Enough is enough, the bickering and complaining about one another stops now !

lol, see if you have just stayed and replied to me before it went all hay wire everything would've been fine.....

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-29-2007, 12:41 AM
even though i didn't see him play, all my post before this turned into a bash thread was talking about his stats and comparing to how they would be now.....all y'all took as me saying he sucked and was a bum and shouldn't have been playing in the 70s......... i respect what bradshaw did in the 70s....i just don't see, looking at his stats....how he would be effective in todays nfl, as in 2007......

Koopa, stats do not tell the whole story. Everyone here knows thats. Do have to go S-L-O-W-E-R so you can comprehend? :lol:

Stats while important. There is more to it. intangibles are key a part.

BlitzburghNation
01-29-2007, 12:42 AM

So your saying when you reply to anyone elses post we shouldn't be offended ,,,,,,,,reading what you posted on a thread :nono:
STEELER fans don't want to read posts like that :nono:
STEELER fan's are passionate and will respond to anyone talking down about any player PAST or PRESENT """K-TRAIN" had a great post he said Before my time ! :tt02:

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Koopa, stats do not tell the whole story. Everyone here knows thats. Do have to go S-L-O-W-E-R so you can comprehend? :lol:

Stats while important. There is more to it. intangibles are key part.

well when stats is all i have to go on that's what i'm gonna talk about....... it's not my fault nfl is gay and took all the highlights off youtube....

Steelx
01-29-2007, 12:43 AM
holy all of SA reviewing this thread.

I think Hines Ward kind of reminds me of Lynn Swan because they are both WR's

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:43 AM
So your saying when you reply to anyone elses post we shouldn't be offended ,,,,,,,,reading what you posted on a thread :nono:
STEELER fans don't want to read posts like that :nono:
STEELER fan's are passionate and will respond to anyone talking down about any player PAST or PRESENT """K-TRAIN" had a great post he said Before my time ! :tt02:

but i don't really get why it's offending....i'm not saying bradshaw sucked in the 70s........ i'm saying that style of play wouldn't have worked today.....cause bret still plays like that and his team loses all the time..... i respect what happened in the 70s.... yeah bradshaw was great in the 70s i never said otherwise....i just don't think that style would work anymore.........

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-29-2007, 12:45 AM
well when stats is all i have to go on that's what i'm gonna talk about....... it's not my fault nfl is gay and took all the highlights off youtube....

Kid there is so much more to it. Maybe should invest sometime and money and learn something.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Along with Philly to help get this back on track...

Bradshaw never had the best stats in the world; but he has 4 SB rings to show for his accomplishments. The guy was gutsy, tough, afraid of no one, and a fighter. The main thing though was that Bradshaw didn't do it alone; he's not the only reason we one 4 SB's ; he had alot of help from the likes of Harris, Blier, Swann, Green,Lambert and company. Players of the 70's were more tough and played with more aggression than the players today do. The 70's Steelers put our players today to shame, in fact if you ask me, players of yesteryear put most of today's players to shame.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 12:48 AM

Bradshaw never had the best stats in the world; but he has 4 SB rings to show for his accomplishments. The guy was gutsy, tough, afraid of no one, and a fighter. The main thing though was that Bradshaw didn't do it alone; he's not the only reason we one 4 SB's ; he had alot of help from the likes of Harris, Blier, Swann, Green,Lambert and company. Players of the 70's were more tough and played with more aggression than the players today do. The 70's Steelers put our players today to shame, in fact if you ask me, players of yesteryear put most of today's players to shame.

I tried to get this back on track a bunch of posts ago.:bluelol: It didn't work.lol

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:48 AM

and that's why i said he can't be compared to ben..... ben isn't gusty anymore, he's afraid of his own shadow, well he was....that's where it all started....me saying ben isn't as good as bradshaw was......

BlitzburghNation
01-29-2007, 12:52 AM

:iagree:
They are more hard A's,,,,,,,BACK THEN,,,,,,,,THEN THEY ARE NOW & the ref's let 'em play :clap:

Steelerlyn
01-29-2007, 12:53 AM

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:54 AM

i feel like eating popcorn becasue like 4 ppl posted this smilie lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 12:54 AM
You said you didn't like Bradshaw and you didn't want him on your team, make up your mind man :lol:

Bradshaw is human just like Ben; last time I checked Terry didn't go through a concussion, near death motorcycle accident, and an appendectomy all in 6 months no to mention missing so much playing and camp time. Ben started to come out of his shadow the last half of the season and play better. Still far from the old Ben we used to know but can you blame him with the swiss cheese OL we had and no running game?

You give Ben the blocking and running game he needs and I'd almost bet money he'll be back to his old self. Even through all that Ben pushed on and kept fighting and I truely believe he'll be a better player and man for it.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 12:57 AM
You said you didn't like Bradshaw and you didn't want him on your team, make up your mind man :lol:

Bradshaw is human just like Ben; last time I checked Terry didn't go through a concussion, near death motorcycle accident, and an appendectomy all in 6 months no to mention missing so much playing and camp time. Ben started to come out of his shadow the last half of the season and play better. Still far from the old Ben we used to know but can you blame him with the swiss cheese OL we had and no running game?

You give Ben the blocking and running game he needs and I'd almost bet money he'll be back to his old self. Even through all that Ben pushed on and kept fighting and I truely believe he'll be a better player and man for it.

i wouldn't want his style of play in this era....but i never said anything bad about him in the 70s

and i like ben too, but this year he was afraid of everything cause of what happened to him

bradshaw had a heart attack remember lol.......****ing media

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 01:03 AM
We're not going to revisit the earlier posts again but suffice it to say IMO Bradshaw's play is something many teams would take right now. You don't have to be a perfect QB and neither Ben nor Terry were perfect but when you have a supporting cast like the 70's Steelers did anythin g is possible and they proved it. Their will to win, desire to play, toughness, all their intangibles along with their talent make them similar in many fashions if you ask me. Ben doesnt have to be a perfect QB because our organization sees to it that he has the playmakers around him to help him out.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 01:03 AM
well i don't see the need to start a thread or anything so i'll do it in this thread

i want to apologize to 58Lambert and BLITZBURGH NATION, blitz you a cool dude and you've had some good threads and stuff since you've joined here, i didn't really talk **** to you as much as i did 58 but i still want to apologize

and 58, at first i was responding to you pretty normal, and then HoS posted that one post and you got caught in the cross fire, so i'm sorry for that

and 32, you my dude, so i'm sorry for getting upset when you tried to talk to me, you too got caught in the crossfire, and i should've remembered what you told me in the pager but sometimes i just have a lapse in judgement lol............

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 01:07 AM
and that's why i said he can't be compared to ben..... ben isn't gusty anymore, he's afraid of his own shadow, well he was....that's where it all started....me saying ben isn't as good as bradshaw was......

WHAT THE ????????? You gotta stay away from the happy sauce!!

Koopa
01-29-2007, 01:09 AM
WHAT THE ????????? You gotta stay away from the happy sauce!!

did you see him this year??? he for the most part he was afraid to run when he had plenty of chances to, he's just take the sack or just throw it up and it would get picked off....this year he played afraid for the most part....towards the end of the season he started going back to the ben we all love, but he did play scared a lot of this season

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Koopa, nevermind it's cool!! I sincerely do apologize for calling you bad names. I hope we all joined this Board to have fun and to not make enemies. Life is tough enough already, I come here to find relief and to meet cool people. So, in the future I'll try to restrain myself. Peace man!! :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Ok let me stick you behind a high school OL after you've nearly died in an accident, had an appendectomy, a concussion, and lose all that playing time and see if you aren't alittle apprehensive ;)

Koopa
01-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Ok let me stick you behind a high school OL after you've nearly died in an accident, had an appendectomy, a concussion, and lose all that playing time and see if you aren't alittle apprehensive ;)

i wouldn't fall, i'd run scared like ward said lol even though i might be running the wrong way lol

Steelersfan
01-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Koopa, how the hell do you even know what his "style" of play was back then when you base everything on stats?
Why don't we do it this way, put some of the QB's of today back in the 70's. We'll see there style get smacked up side the head!
Needless to say a QB from the 70's would stand a better chance going forward than a QB from now going back.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Koopa, how the hell do you even know what his "style" of play was back then when you base everything on stats?
Why don't we do it this way, put some of the QB's of today back in the 70's. We'll see there style get smacked up side the head!
Needless to say a QB from the 70's would stand a better chance going forward than a QB from now going back.

because someone here said he took chances......and i read about him when i googled him................and judged him by the fact that he only had 2 more tds then he had ints for his career.......and i said all that based off his stats because if you are throwing just as many ints as tds in todays game you ain't gonna be starting very long unless you have a loyal coach like lovie

Steelersfan
01-29-2007, 01:53 AM
It was the style of football the "Steelers" played not just him. The Steelers passing game back then wasn't any of this dink and dunk **** Brady does to pad his stats. They threw the ball downfield and that is taking chances. The defenses were nasty back then too. Players today would cry to their agents and union rep if they took one hit from Lambert!.....lol

DIESELMAN
01-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Most QB's of today would curl up in the fetal position when they see Lambert and Co. coming after them.

Steelersfan
01-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Most QB's of today would curl up in the fetal position when they see Lambert and Co. coming after them.

:lol: and just be sure they are playing by the rules as they were back then.....lol

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 02:08 AM
Koopa, keep in mind back then there was no "protecting the QB" rules like they have today. That one-step rule to the QB didn't exist back then. They had head-slapping, they had players spearing with their helmets. None of these were penalties back then. If you watched that replay of SB XIII the other day, you'll see these tactics that weren't called for penalties.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Koopa, keep in mind back then there was no "protecting the QB" rules like they have today. That one-step rule to the QB didn't exist back then. They had head-slapping, they had players spearing with their helmets. None of these were penalties back then. If you watched that replay of SB XIII the other day, you'll see these tactics that weren't called for penalties.

yeah i never took all that into account i just looked at his stats and judged him off of that....i'm about to place my order of the steelers histroy dvd so i can see him play.........

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 02:14 AM
yeah i never took all that into account i just looked at his stats and judged him off of that....i'm about to place my order of the steelers histroy dvd so i can see him play.........

Dude its a good DVD. Plus just check out Terry's Super Bowl performances they really give you a good sense on how good he really was. The one pass he made to Stallworth against the Rams in Super Bowl XIIII, man to many QB's could have made that throw.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Let's not forget the WR's who were hung out to dry every week from the wicked hits they took from going across the middle. Not just Swann and Stallworth would go up against anybody anytime, take a wicket hit and get up and do it again. With no rules to protect virtually anyone much less a QB, it's easy to see how these guys had to be more tough than 95% of today's players could ever hope to be.

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 02:19 AM
... The one pass he made to Stallworth against the Rams in Super Bowl XIIII, man to many QB's could have made that throw.

That was mighty perty, I'll say!!!! :helmet:

DIESELMAN
01-29-2007, 02:22 AM
If you get that DVD Koop, you will be enlightened. Bradshaw was a gutsy Mother ****er and in this day and age he would've been a gutsy Mother ****er too. He definitely could play with the big boys of today and with all the rules to protect the QB nowdays he would light secondaries up.

Koopa
01-29-2007, 02:32 AM
i just place my order for the complete history dvd and then i also went ahead and bought the road to super bowl XL........ both came out to 37 bucks, i love amazon.com lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 02:35 AM
The road to SB XL is a great DVD; I have it as well along with all 3 playoff games. What a run our boys had and the way we were playing those last regular season and post season games it was something every Steeler fan can be proud of.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-29-2007, 02:43 AM
So after reading all the way through this thread are we all family again?? Dam take an evening off and I miss all this good stuff...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 02:44 AM
You're a brave soul to read all of this thread man; but yes it appears all is back to normal now :redcool:

58Lambert
01-29-2007, 02:49 AM
We're cool, but I still don't agree with what he said about Bradshaw (based solely on stats).

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 02:53 AM
I think it's safe to say that many don't agree with it but once Koopa sees those DVD's he ordered I'll be anxious to hear his review once he's seen Bradshaw and company in action.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Stats never tell the whole story.Watching that replay of SB XIII the other night reminded me of how much this game has changed... OK back on subject- new STEELER that could have played with the old... Dan Krieder definitely a Rocky clone

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2007, 03:13 AM
Somebody else to consider that maybe you don't think of. Hines Ward is a kind of a combination of Swann & Stallworth. He can stretch the field and go over the middle, make the circus catches, and has amazing speed you didn't know he had until he's being chased ;)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2007, 03:34 AM
Stats never tell the whole story.Watching that replay of SB XIII the other night reminded me of how much this game has changed... OK back on subject- new STEELER that could have played with the old... Dan Krieder definitely a Rocky clone

Rocky Bleier once rushed for 1,000 yards in a season. Krieder isn't even close to 1,000 yards rushing in his career. Krieder is an hell of a blocker but its safe to say Rocky was more of an complete back.

I don't see the comparison.:dunno:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-29-2007, 04:25 AM
Rocky Bleier once rushed for 1,000 yards in a season. Krieder isn't even close to 1,000 yards rushing in his career. Krieder is an hell of a blocker but its safe to say Rocky was more of an complete back.

I don't see the comparison.:dunno:

Kreider isn't given the ball. When you only get the ball maybe 2 times a game it hard to get yards.IMHO if Kreider was given the ball as much as Rocky was, I think you would see comparable stats...
Besides Rocky was not known for his running ability,but for blocking for Harris, hence the comparison with the "Bus driver".