PDA

View Full Version : Final Steelers scoring drive longest since 2007

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2012, 08:20 PM
That final drive in the 4th quarter by the Steelers ate up 10:13 off the clock, the longest they've had since 2007 according to CBS.

You don't draw it up any better than that, keeping the Jets off the field and your offense continually converting 3rd downs.

Redman money on that drive, keeping his legs going to power into the endzone. If you like ball control offense then this was heaven for you.

harpo
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
The running backs and dare I say offensive line wore down the Jets when it mattered most. Physicality won today on both sides of the ball. It was good to see. :cope::yellowthumb:

Steelers/PSU Fan
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
We had ball control offense against Denver, but the difference was our defense got torched that game. Nice to play against dirty Sanchez instead of Manning :tt02:

elephantman
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
That final drive in the 4th quarter by the Steelers ate up 10:13 off the clock, the longest they've had since 2007 according to CBS.

You don't draw it up any better than that, keeping the Jets off the field and your offense continually converting 3rd downs.

Redman money on that drive, keeping his legs going to power into the endzone. If you like ball control offense then this was heaven for you.

I believe we had close to a 10 minute drive against the pats last yr.....we had 5 long drives

and yes last week we had a couple real long drives

Ibleedblk&gld
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Now that is how our games should play out

Redman looked great in the 2nd half

greennick
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Still had quite a few three and outs there. Against the Mannings they'll hurt you the other way. Much better playing against the bottom tier quarterbacks...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BlitzburghRockCity
09-16-2012, 09:31 PM
They finished with TOP of 36:36, that's pretty damn impressive. Even more though, they finally started finishing off drives with Touchdowns instead of FG's.

LatrobePA
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
I loved this play calling today!

steelspikes
09-16-2012, 10:05 PM
27 ppg. is what Steelers should be averaging, not the 20 ppg. they averaged last yr. Am confident Haley will get us there or close to it. Gotta love the the optimizing of Heath Miller, and the crisper timing routes we are seeing. Running game is still not there; can't wait till Mendenhall returns. Redman is a short yardage back.Period. Like what I am seeing out of Dwyer.
Expect #34 won't suit up till post-bye wk 5. Great win; nothing better than beating Rex Ryan and the J-E-T-S!

steelersbabex25
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Gotta give it up to Haley today. He called one hell of a game.

SnakeEyes43
09-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Ben looked great, the backs looked great, o-line is looking better, and our receivers took some big hits and made some great catches. This is the kind of win that makes great Mondays!

wyn50
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Ditto that. Steelers had tough catches after being hit and holding on. Popping up right after getting hit.....and holding on to the ball. Great to see getting tough yards on the ground too.

SteelerCountry58
09-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Ben looked great, the backs looked great, o-line is looking better, and our receivers took some big hits and made some great catches. This is the kind of win that makes great Mondays!
I agree. I'm liking Dwyer more and more too. He's a horse and combined with Redman and getting
Mendy back soon,we should be good at RB for this season. Keep your fingers crossed,here we go!!:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-17-2012, 11:08 AM
I was a bit concerned early in the game when the Jets were getting after Ben and the running game was going nowhere. After the first quarter though things started working and the offense was able finish off drives.

Redzone scoring still isn't great yet but it's getting there.