PDA

View Full Version : Darrelle Revis ruled out for Sunday

Big T
09-14-2012, 02:56 PM
It looked like the Jets were going to go down to the wire with their decision about cornerback Darrelle Revis‘ status for Sunday’s game against Steelers, but they wound up not needing the extra time.

Coach Rex Ryan announced Friday afternoon that Revis has been ruled out for the game in Pittsburgh. Revis returned to non-contact practice on Friday for the first time since suffering a concussion when he was inadvertently kicked in the head by linebacker Bart Scott during a play late in the opening 48-28 win over the Steelers, but the team clearly doesn’t have much reason to believe he’ll be given the full green light before the team heads to Pittsburgh.

Losing Revis obviously makes it more difficult for the Jets to hang with the Steelers. One of the keys to their defense was Revis’ ability to, more often than not, take care of one side of the field on his own in pass coverage. Kyle Wilson doesn’t have the same kind of chops and Antonio Cromartie has always been a boom or bust player on the opposite side of the field. If the Jets can’t generate more pass rush than they did against Buffalo, the Steelers could be looking at a very big day through the air.

The Jets’ chances are further hurt by the news that tight end Dustin Keller and linebacker Bryan Thomas will also skip the trip to Pittsburgh because of injury. Keller’s still bothered by a hamstring injury he picked up in the preseason while Thomas was diagnosed with a similar injury during the Buffalo game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/14/darrelle-revis-out-for-sundays-game-with-steelers/

LatrobePA
09-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Sucks.. I'd liked to of seen our best against their best.. I guess it kinda evens the playing field, no Harrison, Mendy, possibly Troy.

Big T
09-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Sucks? Lol I don't care about the whole "their best against our best" ****... I don't want to see this team go 0-2, and this makes it more likely that they won't. I'm not gonna complain about not having to play against the best corner in the game lol.

jetstream
09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Dustin Keller out also....two big losses

LatrobePA
09-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Sucks? Lol I don't care about the whole "their best against our best" ****... I don't want to see this team go 0-2, and this makes it more likely that they won't. I'm not gonna complain about not having to play against the best corner in the game lol.

I'm trying to be PC dammit! lol

LarryNJ
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm trying to be PC dammit! lol

That is different. Here's a PC statement.

I'm glad that he's out this weekend. I want to make sure that he's 100% healed so that we can enjoy watching him play for many years to come.

K Train
09-14-2012, 03:31 PM
makes sanders look like a hell of a play in fantasy this week lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2012, 03:35 PM
In a perfect world you want your best against their best, but we never get to give anybody else our best because we're always hurt.

If he's out, he's out, advantage Steelers in the passing game now...before I think it was more even had Revis been able to play.

Real Deal Steel
09-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Mr. Brown can be Mr. Brown now. :)

I'm pulling for a breakout game from Mr. Dwyer.I think this could be the week.

K Train
09-14-2012, 05:24 PM
even if cro locks down wallace, brown and sanders should destroy kyle wilson

LatrobePA
09-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Wilson is having a rough start (pre included) so far.

Speeed
09-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Did that article say he was injured during the win over the "Steelers." Did I read that correctly?

Get7With7
09-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Did that article say he was injured during the win over the "Steelers." Did I read that correctly?

Revis returned to non-contact practice on Friday for the first time since suffering a concussion when he was inadvertently kicked in the head by linebacker Bart Scott during a play late in the opening 48-28 win over the Steelers, but the team clearly doesn’t have much reason to believe he’ll be given the full green light before the team heads to Pittsburgh.

They're just predicting a Steeler loss. :dunno:

Nolrog
09-14-2012, 08:45 PM
It looked like the Jets were going to go down to the wire with their decision about cornerback Darrelle Revis‘ status for Sunday’s game against Steelers, but they wound up not needing the extra time.

Honestly, I never thought he was going to play. Even mild concussions get a week off and Revis was reportedly in a fog earlier this week, that's just lifting. Once I read that, I said no way he's going to play.

jetstream
09-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Jets still have Cro...Landry and Bell.......not too shabby

LatrobePA
09-14-2012, 11:23 PM

Ben will throw a couple picks I predict! You guys are stacked!

SnakeEyes43
09-14-2012, 11:27 PM

We have Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery...not too shabby.

Haha, disappointed by all the injuries, but should still be a fun game to watch.

jetstream
09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
We have Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery...not too shabby.

Haha, disappointed by all the injuries, but should still be a fun game to watch.

J-co doing slots with wilson on him scares me more then wallace vs. cro.....not taking into acct the 2 penalties cro gets of course.......Im sure there will be a lot more tebow with keller being out also........and kerley over the middle with harrison and trot out...........how are the Pitt corners in coverage ? With the size of Hill...im curious how he matches up

LatrobePA
09-15-2012, 12:24 AM
We have one ok to good corner in Ike (IMO) but he's been caught in space from time to time..

jetsknicks1
09-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Revis being out defly hurts alot. I'm sure though, that Rex has been game planning all week with the thought that he wouldn't have Revis. I think we'll see a few different wrinkles in the D on Sunday and possibly more emphasis on running the ball on offense in an attempt to keep BR off the field as much as possible.