PDA

View Full Version : I believe that of all the new coaches we got the Rock Star

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Of all the HC hirings I truly believe we wound up with the best coach! The Rooney's need to lock up the formula they use and keep it in the safe for another 15 or 20 years. The coach the Raiders hired (Lane Kiffin...Monty Kiffins son) looked like a tough question could send him into tears in his press conference. Thats the best they could do? Anyone else see his intro? He looked scared and anything but confident. My advice to that guy is rent don't buy.......you won't be there long! Perhaps Al Davis is just waiting until next year when a lot of big name coaches become available. Marty S., Bill C.

:bigthumb:

House of Steel
01-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Cowher wouldn't step into that trap of Oakland, he couldn't change that team with all the spit, chin pointing, cussing his *** out, and etc. Schottenheimer wouldn't take it either.

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Granted of all the jobs that were available that was the least attractive! But I think Al Davis would sell his mother into slavery if it would get the silver and black back into prominence. He may be willing to pay the big $$$$$$$$ That could attract a lot of good coaches.

:stirpot:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 02:34 PM
I never doubt for a second his allegiance to the Raiders and his will to win...but damn the coaches he's had since Gruden left, good grief !! :nonod:

The team is a complete train wreck and Kiffin has no clue what he's getting himself into if you ask me.

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I thought it was hysterical last year when everybody they offered the job to turned it down! Only after they had gone through their entire list and been told "Hell No!" by each guy did they turn to Art Shell! He musta felt pretty special. Kinda like the geek in gym class who was always the last one picked to a team. The pick-up portion is over and the teams head off and the teacher points to that kid and says, "you just go with them!" The silver and black will not return to dominance again in Al Davis's life IMO! They were our biggest rivals in the 70's! What a shame that a franchise with such a rich winning history has slid so far down the toilet!

:rofl:

BlitzburghNation
01-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I never doubt for a second his allegiance to the Raiders and his will to win...but damn the coaches he's had since Gruden left, good grief !! :nonod:

The team is a complete train wreck and Kiffin has no clue what he's getting himself into if you ask me.

:iagree:
They should've never ever let Gru----dog GO ! Somehow AL needs to give his team to a family member & let him sit back and let them get that franchise back to respectability :blah: AL is to involved with that team & the game has passed him by,,,,,,,,,So glad our owners let the GM,coach etc
run our team :clap: :tt02: :clap:

DIESELMAN
01-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Davis called Kiffin Lance not Lane.....lol talk about not knowing who you hired, Davis just reached for something real quick like. I'm proud the Rooneys are the owners of the Steelers they have a set way of doing things and are very successful at it. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Yes, I do think the Steelers got a bigtime winner in Tomlin.

As for the Raiders job? Who do you expect them to get? No proven or respectable coach in their right mind would go work for the Raiders. Not with Uncle Al still running the team.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Gruden saw the writing on the wall and knew it wasn't going to work in the long run so he jumped ship. Granted his success in Tampa has been minimal but he sure did some positive things for the Raiders that they haven't seen since.

Ambridge
01-29-2007, 07:38 AM
No way Schottenheimer in Oakland.
He's gone on the record as stating he despises the Raiders and Al Davis and he takes playing against the Raiders as a very serious-personal game so they can do every thing to beat Oakland.

steelcurtaingal
01-29-2007, 08:03 AM
I think we got a good coach, one who will be around for years to come, and do the Steeler nation justice. As for the raiders coach, well, did you think they would get a good coach? that team was on their way to a 0-16 record. I probably would not go to them either. i am all for a challenge, but that isnt a challenge, that would be a miracle.

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
All this...and they still owned us this year......sigh.

AZ_Steeler
01-29-2007, 10:47 AM
AL Davis' pick for new HC is a little odd :scratch: and makes you think he is up to something :dunno:

The Steelers definitely know how to hire their coaches and hopefully Tomlin can continue the Steeler Tradition when it comes to hiring a coach :cope:

TEEMONT
01-29-2007, 10:52 AM
AL Davis' pick for new HC is a little odd :scratch: and makes you think he is up to something :dunno:

The Steelers definitely know how to hire their coaches and hopefully Tomlin can continue the Steeler Tradition when it comes to hiring a coach :cope:

I think Tomlin is going to be around for 10+ years. He seems to be a Pittsburgh kind of guy. I was talking to my pops the other day, and he says the general consensus around the Burgh is that no one is sold on him yet. I'm not either, but I do think the Rooneys made the right choice. Grimm just isn't an X's and O's kind of guy, and as much as I want a motivator as a HC, I want someone who can make inputs to a game plan as well, Tomlin is going to be fine.

AZ_Steeler
01-29-2007, 10:58 AM
I don't think a lot of fans were sold on Cowher when he was selected as the new HC so Tomlin shouldn't feel too bad if he's even letting it bother him :)

I have faith in the Rooney's and their track record speaks louder than words!

steelersgal86
01-29-2007, 12:51 PM
:bigthumb:

Steelerlyn
01-29-2007, 01:13 PM
It is too bad that after all these years of having a good even great team that Al Davis' team is horrible, I hope it all gets straightened out before he passes on.