PDA

View Full Version : Ward's Injury

blackNgold22
08-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Everyone is talking about Ben's injury but how bad is Hines's hammy? He's out now for the second game this week and we should be concerned. Cowher hasnt said much about it though.

Blitzburgh55
08-17-2006, 11:05 PM
I think he is fine Preseason there is no reason for vets to play he saw what happened to Clinton and dosent want it to happen to him

blackNgold22
08-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Its not the fact he's not getting the sill work in, its the fact he's not even out there. I wonder how much practicing he's doing in Latrobe.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-17-2006, 11:07 PM
I wouldnt play Ward much anyways..the guy is in great shape and it won't take him long to shake off the rust once he gets on the field. If his hamstring is soar, I'd sit him out and let him get treatment for as long as it takes so he's ready for opening day.

Koopa
08-17-2006, 11:11 PM
yeah we shouldn't worry about this at all. it's just an excuse for him not to be out there. he's getting old now, and he's been in this system his whole career so training camp and preseason is pretty much pointless for him. he'll be their week one and playing like nothing was every wrong with him

Prosdo
08-17-2006, 11:15 PM
I think they are just trying to give him time to make sure he is 100% before putting him out there too soon.

blackNgold22
08-17-2006, 11:19 PM
I guess you're all right, it just seems that Ben misses one practice and people go nuts but Hines has been out a while.

I wont feel relieved until I see him on the field even if it's September 7.

PITT23
08-17-2006, 11:21 PM
I guess you're all right, it just seems that Ben misses one practice and people go nuts but Hines has been out a while.

I wont feel relieved until I see him on the field even if it's September 7.
Agreed. Anytime a player misses anytime you have to be at least a little concerned.

Prosdo
08-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Very true Pitt. I'm sure he'll be back to play in the 3rd preseason game though.

Stairwayto7
08-18-2006, 10:11 PM
I would love to see him suit up atleast once, but if he is going to rest it, what better time than now.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Hines will always get alot of attention because of what he means to the Steelers, but lets face it, whenever anything happens with Ben he's first out on the AP wire whether its that he hurt his thumb, wrecked his bike, or had a peanut butter sandwhich for lunch !!!

SteelCityMan786
08-18-2006, 10:37 PM
I'd prefer Hines be ready for the Fish Food Game not for the sexcapades, the dorkgles or the pre-season tomcats game.

AZ_Steeler
08-21-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers and I'm definitely not trying to question Hines character, but ESPN has talked about hamstring injuries, primarly because of the whole TO situation in Dallas, but they were saying it is one of the hardest injuries for a medical staff to diagnose or even see anything on the tests that are conducted. They went on to talk about how some veterans will fake a hammy injury just to sit out practice and avoid really getting injured or to just take a day off.

I'm not sure if this is what Hines is doing, I really hope not, but all of this time he is missing is really having an impact on the chemistry between he and Ben. As much has people don't like the preseason because of injuries and what not, this is definitely the time to get your timing down between the receivers and QB's and unfortunately with Hines' injury he is missing this valuable time right now. Of course he will be Ben's primary target, but it's the timing and chemistry right now that concerns me.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey Hines Ward missed alot of trainingcamp/pre-season last year with his hold out. He was fine. Plus Hines Ward played through a hamstring injury last year. Hines Ward is a gamer and will show up when it counts. Don't worry so much.

PITT23
08-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers and I'm definitely not trying to question Hines character, but ESPN has talked about hamstring injuries, primarly because of the whole TO situation in Dallas, but they were saying it is one of the hardest injuries for a medical staff to diagnose or even see anything on the tests that are conducted. They went on to talk about how some veterans will fake a hammy injury just to sit out practice and avoid really getting injured or to just take a day off.

I'm not sure if this is what Hines is doing, I really hope not, but all of this time he is missing is really having an impact on the chemistry between he and Ben. As much has people don't like the preseason because of injuries and what not, this is definitely the time to get your timing down between the receivers and QB's and unfortunately with Hines' injury he is missing this valuable time right now. Of course he will be Ben's primary target, but it's the timing and chemistry right now that concerns me.

I think they might be on to something with other players but not Hines. He had the hammy problem last year so I assume this is a recurrence. I had the same thing happen during track season, I hurt it once in the fall and then it happened again in the spring and they said it becomes easily prone to injury after it happens once.

AZ_Steeler
08-21-2006, 06:10 PM
I think they might be on to something with other players but not Hines. He had the hammy problem last year so I assume this is a recurrence. I had the same thing happen during track season, I hurt it once in the fall and then it happened again in the spring and they said it becomes easily prone to injury after it happens once.

That's a valid point, I had forgotten about the Hammy injury last year. Plus, I've been fortunate to not injury my Hammy <<knock on wood>> so I didn't know about it being more prone to injury, makes perfectly good sense to me though. I hope it's not to serious and would really like to see him get some time in before the 7th.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I just read a story about Ward returning to practice today! This is some good news and let's just hope he doesn't tweak it again...

Link to story (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=174922&hubname=nfl)