PDA

View Full Version : Record predictions.

steelchamp204
09-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Have fun and just predict the Steelers record will be this season(doesnt have to be right, just gut feeling).

Im going 10-6

Steelers lose to

Broncos,Ravens once, Eagles,Giants,Bengals(once) and Browns(once)

I just think Manning will eat us alive passing the ball. I dont know if we will be that good this season to beat the Ravens twice. The Giants and Eagles defensive line will be to much for the Oline to handle, Somehow I think Cincy and the Browns pull one off against us also. Just my feeling. I think we take another Wildcard spot for the playoffs. I could be wrong, but just how I feel.

ChucktownSteeler
09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I think we are a perennial 12-4 team.

Speeed
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
My prediction: I say not quite enough wins to one too many losses. And unless we go 16-0, that is the case!

Honestly, I don't know what to think. The dynamics in the AFC north this year are off the charts. It could get crazy. I am thinking the Ravens D is going to flounder. I think the Raven offense will be the same 21 point a game so-so predictable outcome. I think we handle the Bengals and Browns easily. We could lose one to Baltimore based on injury and bad luck, which we have tons of. The Ravens seem to have no bad luck whatsoever. But I guess you make your own luck.

I say a repeat of last year - 12 - 4. But we win the division, beating Baltimore twice, and lose a few WTF games along the way. Oh yeah, I think we destroy the Broncos!

mos07
09-01-2012, 08:24 PM
12-4.

Root4Stlrs
09-01-2012, 10:20 PM
I think we are a perennial 12-4 team. I'm going with 12-4 also.

Steelers/PSU Fan
09-02-2012, 01:00 AM
I see 11-5 or 10-6. If we beat the Broncos and look good, we will probably go 11-5 or 12-4. Probably split with the Ravens and maybe Bengals.....we could sweep the Bengals again but who knows if they are any better until we see them next Monday night against the Ravens.

As far as predicting other teams we will lose to, who knows. Every NFL team has the ability to beat anyone....except the Browns...:lol:. But jokes aside, last year the Chiefs beat the Packers with a brand new QB (Orton) and coach, and anybody remember the Saints losing at home to the Rams? Or the Redskins sweeping the Giants who then went on to win the Superbowl after beating the Packers/49ers to get there. Or the Ravens beating us twice (1st game destroyed us), then they went on to lose in the season to bad teams like the Titans, Jaguars, and Seahawks. Or of course the most painful, Broncos beating us with a fullback as a QB and getting torched by a TD in the 1st play of OT. Then the Broncos go on to get slayed by the Patriots, a team we beat in the regular season. NFL is crazyyyyyyyyy, any given Sunday.

Zachintosh66
09-02-2012, 09:42 AM
i agree w/ the 10-6 we usually lose to someone we should't lose to, lol.

SteelDad
09-02-2012, 10:22 AM
10-6. Defense will struggle with injuries and youth and offense will take time to get up to speed.

tgunn86
09-02-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm gonna go 11-5 at best. If we're being real, we wont be scoring that many points as we could. We have 6 too many injuries and an unsigned star. Who knows we are the Steelers, we'll be ok I think

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2012, 10:54 AM
If we go anything less than 2-1 before the by week then we are in some serious sh&t to start the year. I don't see us going any worse than 10-6 but at best I'll go with 12-4. I think it really all depends on how quickly the offense finds it's groove and how well the OL holds up.

Surprisingly Im not as worried about the defense right now as I thought I might be.

strummerfan
09-02-2012, 11:04 AM
11-5 maybe 9-7

steelcitysfinestXL
09-02-2012, 12:24 PM
14-2 to 12-4. Split w/ BAL. Possible split or 2 losses to NYG and/or PHI. Split the trap teams we seem to struggle against OAK and KC.

Real Deal Steel
09-02-2012, 07:19 PM
I feel confident about us winning the division but I don't feel confidence in the O-line. So it's hard for me to make a record prediction. I'm just happy to win the division at this point.

Real Deal Steel
09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Have fun and just predict the Steelers record will be this season(doesnt have to be right, just gut feeling).

Im going 10-6

Steelers lose to

Broncos,Ravens once, Eagles,Giants,Bengals(once) and Browns(once)

I just think Manning will eat us alive passing the ball. I dont know if we will be that good this season to beat the Ravens twice. The Giants and Eagles defensive line will be to much for the Oline to handle, Somehow I think Cincy and the Browns pull one off against us also. Just my feeling. I think we take another Wildcard spot for the playoffs. I could be wrong, but just how I feel.

So your prediction immediatly changes to 11-5 after we slap around the Broncos right? :yellowthumb:

stairman
09-02-2012, 07:55 PM
They will go 13-3, with 3 losses coming from redskins, chargers, and last game with browns. 3 games we should have won.

Big T
09-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I will say this, I'm happy we play Peyton early in the season rather than later. He'll need some time to get comfortable. I think we take that game. I think we split Baltimore, split Cincy, lose to NYG and Dallas, and one more (Oak/KC)...

I say 11-5, possibly 12-4.

scudmissile29
09-02-2012, 08:08 PM
I think 11-5.

Our worst game will probably come against Philadelphia.

I think we travel to Mile High and rape the Broncos alive, or they will rape us.

Won't be a close game for the loser.

It's too early for my predictions, I want to see them face a couple of people, I'll make it in October.

Right now we should make the playoffs.

Nolrog
09-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm going to say 11-5. I think they are in the division hunt all the way to the end.

mos07
09-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna go 11-5 at best. If we're being real, we wont be scoring that many points as we could. We have 6 too many injuries and an unsigned star. Who knows we are the Steelers, we'll be ok I think

We won't be scoring that many points as we could?....WHY THE HELL NOT? Everybody on this site blamed Arians for everything besides the price of gas. He is gone. No more excuses. DeCastro hurts, but if Arians was the poison then everything should be peachy now. Everyone wanted Arains OUT, he is. Don't lay the foundation for excuses now...Haley has the talent...........this offense will be special.

stairman
09-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Jamie Dukes has the steelers and ravens in the afc championship game, even going against Sapps remarks.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000057456/AFC-Championship-prediction

But this guy ( Matt Miller)is a real steeler hater, and shows his colors(ignorance) with his predictions here.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1258731-pittsburgh-steelers-bestworst-case-scenarios-for-2012

Farrior Fan
09-02-2012, 10:28 PM
My head says 11-5, my heart says 14-2. I'm going with my heart in the hopes that other teams fans will find this post and mock me. Then when we kick the **** out of them I can mock them back.

86WARD
09-02-2012, 10:57 PM
10-6 or 9-7.

fogdoctor
09-03-2012, 07:59 AM
10-6. I was at 11 but DeCastro missing will cost us a game. I hope it does not cost us an injury to Ben which would cost us way more than 1 game.

Troyisabeast_43
09-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Ill say 11-5 or 12-4. I still think the Steelers are the best team in this division and are better then the Ravens. People can talk about the Bengals being better this year all they want which they might be, but until they beat the Steelers with Dalton at QB which they didnt do last season losing both games they are not ahead of the Steelers in this division as much as people want to sit here and say they are....The Steelers are still as good as anybody in the AFC right now and have an excellent chance to once again make another playoff Super Bowl type run if they stay healthy...

coldrolled
09-03-2012, 11:58 AM
If we beat the Broncos with a solid offense. Pressure Manning and keep him in check. Win by 13

We go 13-3 ...

If we lose and it doesnt look pretty sunday night.. im going with a reality check 9-7

UKSTEELER
09-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I normally underestimate us . . .

so I'll go overboard with a 11-5, loses to Bengals, Rats, Eagles, GMen and one other surprise . .

Our Linebackers hold the key to our Defense being great or average, . . tough ask . . .

But this offense has no excuse . . .

Root4Stlrs
09-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Ill say 11-5 or 12-4. I still think the Steelers are the best team in this division and are better then the Ravens. People can talk about the Bengals being better this year all they want which they might be, but until they beat the Steelers with Dalton at QB which they didnt do last season losing both games they are not ahead of the Steelers in this division as much as people want to sit here and say they are....The Steelers are still as good as anybody in the AFC right now and have an excellent chance to once again make another playoff Super Bowl type run if they stay healthy... I have found your predictions to be pretty accurate. I went with 12-4.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Hey Troy is back, good to see ya man.

For those that don't know, this dude has an uncanny ability to break down a schedule like few that I've ever seen on fan sites.

The more I think about this year the more I think that they have the chance to be great. It all hinges on the health of the starters but 12-4 is a definite possibility.