PDA

View Full Version : Banner for the Jets game

steelchamp204
08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, Im going to the Jets game on the 16th and am sitting upper reserve but only the second row. I was thinking about making a HitsBurgh banner with #56,92,94,50(assuming Foote Starts). My question is, will they let me hang it from the upper reserve where the railing is? If yes, what a good materila to use, Im just going to spraypaint it on the material that I choose from. Now I am only going once this season so I dont want to spend a firtune on this. Just think it would be cool.

Thanks
Don

jetsknicks1
09-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Hey guys, Im going to the Jets game on the 16th and am sitting upper reserve but only the second row. I was thinking about making a HitsBurgh banner with #56,92,94,50(assuming Foote Starts). My question is, will they let me hang it from the upper reserve where the railing is? If yes, what a good materila to use, Im just going to spraypaint it on the material that I choose from. Now I am only going once this season so I dont want to spend a firtune on this. Just think it would be cool.

Thanks
Don

I personally would change that banner to read GO JETS! But that's just me :grin1: Btw, it's good to be back here, I'm glad we get to play you guys again.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-01-2012, 12:04 PM
If you have sign dealers near where you live you might be able to buy some scrap material from them. I remember there used to be this stuff called Herculite that was great for banner, but no idea if it's still around anymore.

Root4Stlrs
09-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I don't know the rules but I see signs out there. Will be at the game so will be looking for yours. What section are you in?

Root4Stlrs
09-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I checked the 2012 Fan Guide and here is the quote found on Page 2 under heading Banners/Signs:
Banners and signs in good taste may be displayed in the stadium provided they do not block fan sightlines or stadium signage. Banners or signs that are attached to poles are prohibited.

steelchamp204
09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I checked the 2012 Fan Guide and here is the quote found on Page 2 under heading Banners/Signs:
Banners and signs in good taste may be displayed in the stadium provided they do not block fan sightlines or stadium signage. Banners or signs that are attached to poles are prohibited.

Ill be at section 532 row B, Idk where I could attach the banner though. I mean the handrails are there. Idk, maybe it will be more of a hassle more than anything. I just thought itd be a cool idea.

Root4Stlrs
09-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Ill be at section 532 row B, Idk where I could attach the banner though. I mean the handrails are there. Idk, maybe it will be more of a hassle more than anything. I just thought itd be a cool idea.

http://elyriact.smugmug.com/keyword/steelers/4/1052916338_sqdb7#!i=1052916338&k=sqdb7
Signs don't have to be elaborate - there's one when Ben came back from suspension. The circular ramp at the open end has rails where you could hang if you don't want to hang in front of your section. It does sound like a cool idea. You never know - the Steel Curtain banner sold for $50 or $60 thousand dollars.