PDA

View Full Version : Steve Wyche - A Joke

scudmissile29
08-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Maybe it's me but am I being extremely biased?

He loses a lot of respect from me from his "predictions"

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap1000000055270/article/2012-nfl-predictions-division-winners-wild-cards-awards-more?module=HP11_cp

Super Bowl winner: Baltimore Ravens
Head Coach of the Year: John Harbaugh

I don't think the Steelers will win the Super Bowl this year, maybe next year, for this year I would love 2 blow-outs against the Ravens.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2012, 04:48 PM
The Ravens are everybody's pick every year, them and the Pats. It's not anything new. The best part about it is that Baltimore leaves them hanging in disappointment every time.

Yet they still come back singing their praises every September.

SteelCityKid5
08-31-2012, 05:32 PM
I dont understand how that makes Steve Wyche a joke? Baltimore is a good team. Many have them as the AFC favorites along with New England. Doesn't make him an idiot because we all Baltimore.

coldrolled
08-31-2012, 05:40 PM
These guys are all weatherman... who cares... any week your team can get crushed by injury...

Every year over the last 4 years the chargers were winning it all. do these analysts ever lose their jobs over these picks??

No.. So who cares.. LIke my signature says ...tomlin has it right...

Nolrog
08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
The Ravens are everybody's pick every year,

Because their defense obviously doesn't age.

Why does anyone care what the so called experts say? We'll show what we can do on the field.

Root4Stlrs
08-31-2012, 06:54 PM
If we didn't care what people said, a forum would be pointless.

Real Deal Steel
08-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Sorry but you are an idiot if you pick a team with a mechanical man at QB like Flacco. I can't see Flacco winning anything. Look at all the QB's that have won the last 8 years (for example)...now look at Flacco. Doesn't fit.

Root4Stlrs
08-31-2012, 07:06 PM
These guys are all weatherman... who cares... any week your team can get crushed by injury...

Every year over the last 4 years the chargers were winning it all. do these analysts ever lose their jobs over these picks??

No.. So who cares.. LIke my signature says ...tomlin has it right... Yes this is the first year I can remember that I haven't heard even one SD pick to win SB. Every year we hear how talented the Chargers are. Only one team usually goes to the playoffs from the AFC West and the talking heads have hitched their wagons to the Broncos and Manning. RIP San Diego Chargers

Farrior Fan
08-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I will not pretend to know everything about every team. I know the Steelers pretty darn well and that is it. I will say that anyone predicting the Ravens to win it all have either taken way too many banned substances or they live in Baltimore (same thing I guess). They have no where near the D they did last year unless Suggs makes it back really soon, and their O leaves much to be desired. Just my opinion.

Farrior Fan
08-31-2012, 07:22 PM
lol about the Chargers, they are always the pick. Since no one likes them this will be the year they finally don't start out 3-7

elephantman
08-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry but you are an idiot if you pick a team with a mechanical man at QB like Flacco. I can't see Flacco winning anything. Look at all the QB's that have won the last 8 years (for example)...now look at Flacco. Doesn't fit.

^Lee Evans catches that pass thrown perfectly and at the very least they win AFC championship at N.E, (forget about missed FG) .....Flacco beat Brady In N.E. in Playoffs in 09 also....so I think He has enough to win, but do the Ravens have enough?

btw, he had 2 wins in Pitt last 2 yrs in last 2 minutes....Im not a Flacco Homer at all, but no logic to your statement sorry

SuperSteelers
08-31-2012, 11:42 PM
AFC Playoffs:
NE
BAL
CIN
DEN
HOU
SD

elephantman
09-01-2012, 12:13 AM
AFC Playoffs:
NE
BAL
CIN
DEN
HOU
SD

I kinda agree. think steelers and chargers fight for 6th spot, but I guarantee their will be 1 or 2 crazy teams like Bills, Chiefs, or Indy grabbing a spot (while an upper tier team crumbling). happens every yr, last yr being Cinci

connecticutsteel
09-01-2012, 09:20 AM
This team is good enough to win the division .we were +8 in turnovers in the preseason i know that doesn't mean that much but given the lack of turnovers last season +8 is encouraging .Suggs is out for a while .I don't think that the Ravens o-line is as good as last year

Phenomenal TJ
09-01-2012, 10:18 AM

And on the flip side of that, look at the QB at the helm of the team the last time the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I dare say that Flacco is more talented than Trent Dilfer. I hate to be the devil advocate here (especially for the Ravens) but that's a team that relies on defense and Ray Rice. If Flacco can just not lose them the game, they've got a shot in every game they play.

gtadroptop
09-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't give a rat's *** what any of the announcers or journalists say. Actualy I prefer them picking the Rat Birds. SD, the Patriots, or the flavor of the month to win the AFC every year. Wins, losses and the trophy tell who is the better team. IMHO.

ChucktownSteeler
09-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Sam is a little wicky-wacky.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2012, 10:44 AM
And on the flip side of that, look at the QB at the helm of the team the last time the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I dare say that Flacco is more talented than Trent Dilfer. I hate to be the devil advocate here (especially for the Ravens) but that's a team that relies on defense and Ray Rice. If Flacco can just not lose them the game, they've got a shot in every game they play.

I understand what you're saying....Big difference between Dilfer and Flacco no doubt....But the 2000 Ravens had an alltime great defense and this Ravens defense is nowhere near that good.....I don't care if people don't pick the Steelers and pick the Ravens but what I do hate is some of the points they make.....The talk is the Steelers D is old and slowing down.....Ok what about Ray Lewis and Ed Reed?.....Plus the Ravens lost both of their starting OLBs from last year.......The Ravens have a very old offensive line.......I see the Ravens missing the play-offs......8 or 9 win team at best......

Phenomenal TJ
09-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I understand what you're saying....Big difference between Dilfer and Flacco no doubt....But the 2000 Ravens had an alltime great defense and this Ravens defense is nowhere near that good.....I don't care if people don't pick the Steelers and pick the Ravens but what I do hate is some of the points they make.....The talk is the Steelers D is old and slowing down.....Ok what about Ray Lewis and Ed Reed?.....Plus the Ravens lost both of their starting OLBs from last year.......The Ravens have a very old offensive line.......I see the Ravens missing the play-offs......8 or 9 win team at best......

Nah, I got ya. I'm not saying they're going to run the table and wipe the floor with every team they play, I'm just saying that using the argument of the last 8 Super Bowl winning QB's were prolific play makers is a busted one when talking about the Ravens team. And let's be honest here, we're talking about a defense that's in essence a mold of the one that the Steelers run, they've had their share of plug 'n play players on that side of the ball and had success with it.

Ray Lewis and James Farrior are counterparts in this one, both have lost a step in their twilight years and yet both remain interred as starters, because of their talent and their ability to motivate the rest of the defense.

I don't agree that they should be favorites for the North, but I also don't think they're going to go into a downward spiral as long as they stick to their roots, and as long as Ray Rice's legs are working.

LatrobePA
09-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Is Flucco the QB to get them there? They sure think so by allowing him to run more of the offense this year. It will be interesting to see if he can be great! More throwing = more INT's as well!

Troyisabeast_43
09-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Maybe it's me but am I being extremely biased?

He loses a lot of respect from me from his "predictions"

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap1000000055270/article/2012-nfl-predictions-division-winners-wild-cards-awards-more?module=HP11_cp

Super Bowl winner: Baltimore Ravens
Head Coach of the Year: John Harbaugh

I don't think the Steelers will win the Super Bowl this year, maybe next year, for this year I would love 2 blow-outs against the Ravens.
The Ravens all they are good for is talking about winning Super Bowls while the Steelers actually go out and get too and win Super Bowls. Seeing that they have been in 3 of the last 8 Super Bowls played and have won 2 of them. How many have the Ravens played in and won in that time span?? Oh that's right. Last year is over with now so everything the Ravens did last season in terms of sweeping the Steelers and getting within one drop pass of the Super Bowl means nothing now. New season and what happened in 2011 is irrelevant at this point and nobody cares...

Root4Stlrs
09-03-2012, 01:28 PM
lol about the Chargers, they are always the pick. Since no one likes them this will be the year they finally don't start out 3-7 I think you may be right. Always getting picked was the kiss of death for them. Every time I heard someone pick them I would think about the definition of insanity.

Root4Stlrs
09-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Sorry but you are an idiot if you pick a team with a mechanical man at QB like Flacco. I can't see Flacco winning anything. Look at all the QB's that have won the last 8 years (for example)...now look at Flacco. Doesn't fit.One thing that supports his being a mechanical man - the guy NEVER gets hurt. No matter who hits him or how hard he bounces right back up. I don't think I've even seen him limp. Maybe there is something to that bionic/mechanical thing. LOL