PDA

View Full Version : Sean Spence wicked left knee injury

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I swear this years rookie class just seems cursed. First DeCastro goes down and now Sean Spence tonight with an absolute sickening left knee injury. Hyper extended is an understatement. He was coming in for a sack late in the 3rd quarter, got his left leg caught in the turf and as he was bent in half hitting the ground his leg stuck and went the opposite direction.

Carted off in a full leg brace, tossed his helmet in disgust.

Official word during the game was a "left knee injury, won't return". We wouldn't have expected anything less from them, they are always mum but if he's not done with a broken leg I'll be beyond shocked.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2n993pz.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2012, 10:34 PM
great...........another high draft pick out for the season probably.....

tburg68
08-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Broken leg would be better news than ligaments.

LarryNJ
08-30-2012, 10:57 PM
That was as bad as Theisman to watch. Terrible.

connecticutsteel
08-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Well the league encourages low hits cause if you hit high you lose money

Real Deal Steel
08-30-2012, 11:17 PM
and the hits just keep coming. :(

Real Deal Steel
08-30-2012, 11:18 PM

Roger Goodall is the anti-Christ.

LatrobePA
08-30-2012, 11:27 PM

I said this while watching a TE in a game last week get wrecked on a low hit..

connecticutsteel
08-30-2012, 11:30 PM
If his knee has been repaired before his career is in jeopardy

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Tomlin said in his post game presser that Spence is in the hospital now having his knee looked at. All he said beyond that was that it was significant.

Wow really? But we shouldn't have expected anything less.

Zachintosh66
08-30-2012, 11:33 PM
do we consider calling pottsie?

Root4Stlrs
08-30-2012, 11:37 PM
do we consider calling pottsie? First thing my husband said when Spence went down. I doubt that that is the sentiment on this board, however.

tburg68
08-30-2012, 11:42 PM
do we consider calling pottsie?

No Way. I'd rather have McFadden or Johnson. Farrior has been done for the last three years.

LatrobePA
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Like I said watch the waiver wires this weekend, plenty of good players getting cut..

Number99
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Terrible news for Spence. All the best to the kid for a quick recovery.

Looking for a replacement? I just saw on the waiver wire Orie Lemon just got waived. Might be better then the Mcfaddens and the Hicks we have.

Root4Stlrs
08-30-2012, 11:56 PM
No Way. I'd rather have McFadden or Johnson. Farrior has been done for the last three years. I don't think he was done three years ago. Last year, yes, but not 3 years ago. He was sure as heck a lot more durable than some of these guys currently playing linebacker.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Lead post updated with pic

LatrobePA
08-31-2012, 12:05 AM
Lead post updated with pic

Some nasty she-ite!!

Big T
08-31-2012, 12:19 AM
That ugly knee injury suffered by Steelers rookie linebacker Sean Spence has generated an understandably serious initial diagnosis.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Spence is believed to have a torn ACL, torn LCL, and dislocated kneecap.

Spence, a third-round pick from Miami, undoubtedly is headed to injured reserve.* Hopefully, itís an injury from which heíll be able to recover in time for the 2013 season.

LatrobePA
08-31-2012, 12:21 AM
That ugly knee injury suffered by Steelers rookie linebacker Sean Spence has generated an understandably serious initial diagnosis.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Spence is believed to have a torn ACL, torn LCL, and dislocated kneecap.

Spence, a third-round pick from Miami, undoubtedly is headed to injured reserve.* Hopefully, itís an injury from which heíll be able to recover in time for the 2013 season.

Damn!!

Root4Stlrs
08-31-2012, 12:30 AM

Spence, a third-round pick from Miami, undoubtedly is headed to injured reserve.* Hopefully, itís an injury from which heíll be able to recover in time for the 2013 season. You just feel so bad for these kids when this happens. This is another sickening injury - I honestly hate preseason.

Root4Stlrs
08-31-2012, 12:36 AM
That was as bad as Theisman to watch. Terrible.You're right. I was watching that Redskins-Giants game, too, and this poor kid's knee going in the wrong direction is as bad as Theismann's S shaped lower leg.

LevonKirkland99
08-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Why play him in a meaningless fourth game against the panthers...garbage! Tomlin better get his $hiet together this year

Big T
08-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Why play him in a meaningless fourth game against the panthers...garbage! Tomlin better get his $hiet together this year

Because he's a rookie mid round pick? Everyone loves to blame Tomlin for injuries, even when it's absolutely ridiculous to do so. You're acting like It was Ben.

Big T
08-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Steelers rookie ILB Sean Spence is believed to have a torn ACL, torn LCL, and dislocated kneecap. That's the initial diagnosis courtesy of Profootballtalk. It's a season-ending injury for the third-rounder, and could end up threatening Spence's career. Undersized at 5'11" and 231 pounds, Spence can't afford to lose speed and agility.

elephantman
08-31-2012, 02:21 AM
Steelers rookie ILB Sean Spence is believed to have a torn ACL, torn LCL, and dislocated kneecap. That's the initial diagnosis courtesy of Profootballtalk. It's a season-ending injury for the third-rounder, and could end up threatening Spence's career. Undersized at 5'11" and 231 pounds, Spence can't afford to lose speed and agility.

this was worse than Theisman..broken bones heal... tendons, ligaments don't as much, and in this case maybe never.. this reminds me of Napolean Mcaulaun from 1994 raiders opening monday night game who almost needed his leg amputated..well not that bad..(i actually passed out watching it on the couch 4real)

this could be the end for this kid, and that is so sad. Fair chance he will never recover. I may be over reacting im not an MD

Zachintosh66
08-31-2012, 09:15 AM
wow, this kids career may be over before it ever began... feel bad for him

i hope were just getting the injuries outta the way now, hopefully this isnt a common theme through-out the season

coldrolled
08-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Spence was my rookie to watch all year... So now when foote slows down or is hurt... what happens?

Zachintosh66
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Spence was my rookie to watch all year... So now when foote slows down or is hurt... what happens?

we hope that dont happen till Sly gets back

LatrobePA
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM

Same here, fn sucks! I still think we have to reach out for some quality B/U's or even starters. Watch the waiver wires tonight!

Oline, LB's, Safety..

UKSTEELER
08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
we are screwed at backer, . . . . if Harrison or Worilds, ideally both, . . . can see out a season, outside isn't so bad,

. . but inside it's a mess . . .Timmons is the ONLY player you can count on on the inside, the only one I feel 100 per cent comfortable with . .

Foote, old, slow and lightweight do not a good linebacker make . .

Brandon Johnson, . . if this dude plays like he did last night, we're in a world of trouble, . . .on his ***, over running plays, . .not good . .

Sly, injured, still waiting for the light to go on. . . the play in the first pre-season game where he left his feet, instead of taking down the QB still shows he is still learning, . . . that is some learning curve??

Do we have anyone else?

shocking . . . we're beginning to pay the price for neglecting this position in the draft, players are 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders for a reason . . . at skill positions, you can find gems, but when it comes to ball carrier hunters, you need some quality . . .

The philosophy appears to be, small, and athletic, unfortunately that also means injured, injured, injured . . .

we need a Levon

SnakeEyes43
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Wow, the blows keep coming. Wish him a full recovery.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
Sylvester is not going to be out the whole year, he should be back in hopefully week 2 right now.

Brandon Johnson had a beast preseason and a good training camp. I'm not all that worried about him. Cortez Allen played like crap last night too but it doesn't take away from all the good he's done.

Im not sold that they need another ILB at this point, but damn Spence for getting hurt :evilshake: If Brandon Johnson is the primary backup then that's ok but any more injuries until Sylvester gets back and yeah we're in deep shiat.

Jones is available from the Giants, he was cut today so maybe that's an option they explore as a backup.

LatrobePA
08-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Waiver wire, make some noise Pittsburgh!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Rookie linebacker Sean Spence has multiple torn ligaments in his left knee and is expected to miss the remainder of the season, a source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Spence, the team's third-round draft choice, was injured near the end of the third quarter in Thursday night's final preseason game against the Carolina Panthers.

The injury immediately appeared to be significant when the Steelers' medical staff placed a vacuum cast on his leg to stabilize his knee. Spence was carted from the field, a towel draped over his head, and taken to a local hospital.

From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-rookie-spence-has-torn-ligaments-in-knee-651358/#ixzz259AKICrN)

scudmissile29
08-31-2012, 03:21 PM
:*(

I'm very sad for Spence, hope he can make a full recovery.

SteelCityKid5
08-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Lets just say, last night I was pissed

Zachintosh66
08-31-2012, 03:49 PM
well spence opens the door for:

according to adam chaplan's twitter

Hearing former Temple OLB /DE Adrian Robinson, for now, has earned a spot on the #Steelers 53-man roster. Great story for the UDFA.

Clevelandsux
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
That sucks. Hurt to even watch. Feel bad for the kid and the Steelers too. Spence has been impressive in the preseason. Hope he and decastro can recover and have productive careers.

ChucktownSteeler
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Who available?

connecticutsteel
08-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Flame's mood and Avatar look suspiciously like steeldawgswag

scudmissile29
08-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Flame's mood and Avatar look suspiciously like steeldawgswag

suspiciously it was changed!

coldrolled
08-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Maybe we find someone trying to hide a ILB, Thaddeus Gibson type pick on their PS.....

Clevelandsux
09-01-2012, 12:09 AM
That was as bad as Theisman to watch. Terrible.

not quite that bad. Theisman's ankle literally broke in half and you could see it on live tv Tough to watch, although couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.lol