PDA

View Full Version : Officiating

Clevelandsux
08-30-2012, 10:22 AM
ARe you concerned about the officiating? The games will go on and the game is about the players. In recent years I've felt the officials were too much part of the game.

LatrobePA
08-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Always, fill in refs or regular they all suck *** hairs!

86WARD
08-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes...I'm concerned that these refs haven't been paid by the Rooney's yet...

ChucktownSteeler
08-30-2012, 11:58 AM
No, can't be much worse than we usually get.

coldrolled
08-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Yes...I'm concerned that these refs haven't been paid by the Rooney's yet...

I was actually thinking something like that after watching two Pats games... that the refs are calling alot of holding on the OL for the Pats. Something the regular refs seem to overlook while protecting Brady...

OldSchool58
08-30-2012, 12:37 PM
NFL refs are living proof that abortion should remain legal.

connecticutsteel
08-30-2012, 12:48 PM
The Officials are being a little ridiculous with there demands . They want a percentage of the yearly revenue for the league plus as the value of the league goes up so does their % goes up. The other factor is they are not full time employees .What they are asking for amounts to a similar deal to what the players got.The question is are they worth it apparently the league doesn't think so or they just don't care

As for the current officials i don't think that they are use to the speed of the game and that will come in time.They would be ok if they had more time to study the rule book.Personally i like the lack of pass interference being called . Holding is the easiest call so you will see it a greater percentage of the time

KemoTherapy
08-30-2012, 01:00 PM
It is what it is. The best you can hope for is that the blown calls even themselves out during the games/season. The Steelers both caught some breaks and got screwed during the Colts game. You just have to hope that the biggest mistakes are in your favour, but I do forsee a lot of complaining in the future.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Nothing we can do about it and at this rate since the two sides aren't talking we should be prepared for the replacement to be a permanent fixture for 2012.

Honestly I'm not all that worried about them blowing too many calls but rather it takes them an hour to decide on anything controversial. 3 hour games will now be 4 1/2..lol

LarryNJ
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM
They will be fine. It's not like it's the first time they ever stepped onto the field. I'd guess they come in with a better attitude than the other refs who think they are they game. That alone will make them better. The fact remains that the team who makes the most plays will win, the refs won't decide the game no matter who they are. I'm not one for listening to the "ref blew the game for us" BS. Is there bad calls in every game? Of course but good teams over come them. Losers cry about it.

Good point about taking time to decide, tell get faster as they gain confidence.