PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith needs to start

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 12:52 AM
This kid is way to good not to be starting. He plays the run well and hits like Ronnie Lott. He also seems to have good instincts covering receivers and plays the ball well. I couldn't get enough of the hits I saw him delivering! Put him in Coach because he can only get better with more playing time!

:helmet:

BlitzburghNation
01-28-2007, 12:59 AM
This kid is way to good not to be starting. He plays the run well and hits like Ronnie Lott. He also seems to have good instincts covering receivers and plays the ball well. I couldn't get enough of the hits I saw him delivering! Put him in Coach because he can only get better with more playing time!

:helmet:
:iagree:
He'll be starting,,,,,,,,He's proven himself that he's a true steeler that bring's the WOOD old school STYLE :tt02:

BB2W
01-28-2007, 01:03 AM
He definitely looked great at times, but he also made some mistakes. He needs to develope a better playing relationship with Troy.

It's hard to say who a new coach will like most at some positions.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 01:12 AM
He definitely looked great at times, but he also made some mistakes. He needs to develope a better playing relationship with Troy.

It's hard to say who a new coach will like most at some positions.

which means, it's gonna be one hell of a training camp, cause almost everyone is gonna try to out do each other to impress tomlin.....damn i can't wait for next season to start already

DIESELMAN
01-28-2007, 01:17 AM
which means, it's gonna be one hell of a training camp, cause almost everyone is gonna try to out do each other to impress tomlin.....damn i can't wait for next season to start already

Exactly.....Smith will be like a fine wine.....better with age

Black@Gold Forever32
01-28-2007, 04:32 AM
Hell yes Smith needs to start at FS and he needs to play on special teams to block kicks. He blocked six kicks in his college career. I expect Smith to start next year and just continue to get better. The combo of Smith and Polamalu at safety has the potential to be one of the top safety units in the NFL.

SteelersWoman
01-28-2007, 04:42 AM
As new as he was, I was totally impressed with how he played--I look forward to seein more out of him during the '07 season! I'd like to see him start--he can only get better the longer he plays.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 09:09 AM
The hits he was delivering in the Bengal game at the end of this past season should be enough to convince anybody. This kid brings the heat every play, I love the thought of him and Troy starting together and us not having to worry about our safeties for a LONG time.

Ryan Clark though did pick up our defense fast in his first year and although the defense as a whole didn't play well the first half of the season when he was in there mostly, he did make alot of good plays for us so Anthony is going to have to work extra hard this camp to get that job because Ryan Clark won't just give it to him. This should be one of the most competitive camps we've ever seen come this summer.

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Clarke is probably the better cover guy right now only because of his experience level but the nod definitely goes to AS for his bonecrushing hits! They need to play him so he can refine those cover skills. Mean while his hard hitting is bound to create turnovers for our defense!

:2cents:

Blitzburgh55
01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I agree smith is a better all around player at hitting people and picking it off

House of Steel
01-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Smith and Polamalu will be the force to be reckon with come this season. I guarantee you Smith will outdo Clark in training camp. If it doesn't happen, Oh Well, but that should be a battle of hell seeing this. It is going to be one exciting Training Camp. I definitely would like to go someday this summer to see them practice.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Clarke is probably the better cover guy right now only because of his experience level but the nod definitely goes to AS for his bonecrushing hits! They need to play him so he can refine those cover skills. Mean while his hard hitting is bound to create turnovers for our defense!

:2cents:

Most definitely, Smith is a beast hitter and at safety that's exactly what you want. If he can work with Troy alot in camp and the offseason he's going to improve very quickly. He'll have some growing pains we'll have to live through but the end result could be something very special. If AS doesn't start in Sept I'd bet he'll be starting before the half way point of 2007.

K Train
01-28-2007, 03:27 PM
everyone is gonna try to impress tomlin because everyone already knew whos cowhers favorites were, tomlin is a new slate. Anthony smith is a beast, he was a beast at syracuse and hes a beast fo us, i expect him to start and i expect ryan clark to be the best backup safety there is.

K Train
01-28-2007, 03:29 PM
behold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0imu31yP2Fw

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 03:34 PM
You could probably do an entire ESPN "All Jacked UP" segment with AS footage!

:greenkick:

BB2W
01-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Great play by Smith... thanks for the vid. He definitely got "Jacked Up".

I have a buddy who is a big Cowboys fan, but he watches almost every Steelers game with me. I told him about Smith in preseason and he was very impressed with him... he just refers to him as 27. Who doesn't like his punishing hits?