PDA

View Full Version : More run or more pass against the Bills?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-24-2012, 08:06 AM
We've seen a pretty healthy dose of the run game against the Eagles and the Colts, which is great but I'd like to see some more passing tonight. This is the last chance these guys will have to do anything other than play a few series before the season starts. Let's see some more intermediate passes tonight, 10-15 yd patterns and let the receivers try and make a play. I'd like to see Rainey get out in some more patterns too, that kid has a great pair of hands and is quick as all hell.

You guys rather see more run tonight and keep the passing for the regular season, or have a more conventional offense against the Bills for the practice?

OldSchool58
08-24-2012, 08:12 AM
I know I'm gonna get blasted for this but since you asked.....

As my screen name implies, I'm oldschool. It'd be nice to see our TE's catch a few, but I'll take a heavy dose of run game any day of the week. Pound it, pound it, and then pound it some more. Then when the D is all stacked in the box cut one loose in the air.

UKSTEELER
08-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Isn't the game tomorrow?

I'd like to see a little more pass, . . but if we're running the first team all first half, and with what we've seen we are capable of achieving on the ground so far this off season, I doubt we will see any vast swing to the passing game.

86WARD
08-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Game is Saturday...last time I checked.

Want to see more passing, but I think they'll continue working the run...

Real Deal Steel
08-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Injuries are so bad, I'd be content if they just snap the ball and go to a knee on every offensive play. Really tired of our players getting hurt. Just let them heal up for the next two weeks.

cmerrifield
08-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Injuries are so bad, I'd be content if they just snap the ball and go to a knee on every offensive play. Really tired of our players getting hurt. Just let them heal up for the next two weeks.

Yeah I am not thrilled the starters will play a half. I would rather that happen next week when Wallace should be back. I just hope the starting 11 or so guys stay healthy.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Siii using tapatalk 2

Zachintosh66
08-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Want to see more passing, but I think they'll continue working the run...

this...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-24-2012, 11:39 AM
This game always scares me because guys are playing so much longer, now is the worst time to get a high ankle sprain or hamstring pull. Just get in there, make some completions and get the hell off the field.

Steveo
08-24-2012, 12:23 PM
You could probably look at this two different ways. Based on the outcry over the last couple of years, and to protect Ben they would probably do more running. However since we seem to be in short supply of healthy RB's right now I wouldn't be surprised to see a more pass happy game.

K Train
08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
run it. mario, williams, dareus, and edwards are stout run defenders. Kyle Williams is the only player ive ever seen destroy pouncey. Let dwyer run, let this oline get reps running the ball. Id like to see adams matched up against williams at some point though

LatrobePA
08-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Again I could care a less if we lose every preseason game tinkering. Let's not be the Ravens and go out and show everything just to be preseason champs.. Keep them guess in Denver!

coldrolled
08-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Again I could care a less if we lose every preseason game tinkering. Let's not be the Ravens and go out and show everything just to be preseason champs.. Keep them guess in Denver!

Sunday Night Manning gets to Play the 49ers defense. Lets see how that goes. that will be a good barometer for us...

LatrobePA
08-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Sunday Night Manning gets to Play the 49ers defense. Lets see how that goes. that will be a good barometer for us...

I read that he won't play much.. Looks like he's having issues throwing to the right??

K Train
08-24-2012, 02:20 PM
i honestly think the steelers are going to obliterate the broncos week one, payton manning is notorious for being rusty. He missed some camp with getting his knee drained and looked like ****, now he hasnt played more than a drive in over a year and is coming off neck surgery. Hes gonna be a sitting duck back there

tburg68
08-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Peyton Manning is going to have a horrible year. I don't think you will ever see Peyton Manning the HOF QB ever again.

cmerrifield
08-24-2012, 04:04 PM

Manning always plays better against 4-3 than a 3-4. So even if he plays well against the 49ers, it may not mean much.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Siii using tapatalk 2

K Train
08-24-2012, 04:13 PM
niners run a 34

strummerfan
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Hopefully they start working on the pass.

LatrobePA
08-24-2012, 05:08 PM
niners run a 34

Keeping it off our film study..

fogdoctor
08-24-2012, 05:25 PM
I like 60% run. If they stack the box then fine, pass. If we can get 4ypc there is no reason to pass.

strummerfan
08-24-2012, 05:46 PM
I like 60% run. If they stack the box then fine, pass. If we can get 4ypc there is no reason to pass.

What an awesome idea! Then we can sit back and wait twenty some years for another SB win.