PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Wilson

K Train
01-28-2007, 12:50 AM
How do you guys feel about him? i thought he was gonna be good this year after a great postseason last year, but he never really lived up to expectations and ive never been a big fan anyway. I think Holmes showed him up in every aspect last year and expect ward and holmes to be 1 and 2, with nate as 3....how long is his contract? i dont think he'll be getting much playing time next year.

Btw has anyone heard anything on Reid? I just dont know where wilsons place will fall next year.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 12:58 AM
if he restructures his contract to get less then i say keep him for depth, but he isn't worth whatever he's getting paid right now

House of Steel
01-28-2007, 01:01 AM
:iagree: I think he is a waste, but your right we could use him for Depth.

Ward
Holmes
Washington
Reid
Wilson

BB2W
01-28-2007, 01:01 AM
I have my doubts about Ced as well. Ward is the man, Washington looked good at times, and the sky is the limit for Holmes. He may not get many balls thrown his way... I hope it's not an issue.

Koopa
01-28-2007, 01:03 AM
:iagree: I think he is a waste, but your right we could use him for Depth.

Ward
Holmes
Washington
Reid
Wilson

actually it should be if kept

ward
holmes
washington
wilson
reid

mainly cause he's still raw and hasn't played in the nfl as a wr......

K Train
01-28-2007, 01:05 AM
Washington looked great at times, but he did drop alot of passes, im gonna cut him some slack though he was basicaly a rookie last year.

Holmes...i cant say enough about him, i think he is gonna be great this year....hes the bengal slayer

House of Steel
01-28-2007, 01:05 AM
That is what I am worried about since Tomlin and company want to reintroduce Power Running Football. We have to figure a way to get Miller and Parker more involved. Running 5 Wide with Miller, Parker, Ward, Holmes, and Washington. That is a deadly threat of catchers. That would create some major havoc on any Defense. I can't wait for this season to come.

Thanks for the correction, Koopa. :bigthumb:

BlackGold4vr
01-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Reid is our kick returner and when he gets some time at wr I believe he will be better than Cedric. Whereas Cedric is just a WR and would be 4th on the depth chart.

:tt02:

K Train
01-28-2007, 01:42 AM
i wish we could actually see reid return a few kicks though....not to mention he looked great in preseason with a bum like (forgot his name) throwing to him

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Cedric was brought in at a pretty cheap price and he has good speed but he's too inconsistent at this point to be kept for any type of higher based income.

BlitzburghNation
01-28-2007, 01:50 AM
He's definetly the 4th behind ward of course :tt02:
Holmes,,,,,,washington,,,,,,,,,,Don't get me wrong i like him & i think we should keep him :yesnod: he's a pretty good receiver & we could get an injury or two :bigthumb: "Oh Yeah" He'll probably be pretty cheap too !

SteelerSal
01-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Wilson worries to much on getting interfered with than going for the ball. He irritates me whenever he complains to the refs after every ball thats thrown to him that he does not catch. He needs to be more aggressive when going after the ball, in other words, he needs to put his purse down on gameday.

SteelerFan87
01-29-2007, 03:53 PM
I would keep Wilson for depth and trick plays (he's got a nice arm), and possibly to challenge Washington for the #3 job. Obviously Ward is #1, Santonio had a great season and is ready to be a full time starter at #2, and Washington seems to be the obvious #3, but I didn't like his inconsistency and I would have him compete with Wilson. If Washington plays to his potential, he'll be great. If Wilson steps up to take the job, that would be great too.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I think wilson might have played his last game as a steeler.