PDA

View Full Version : I grew up watching RB Jason Ford play football. Good to see the guy get a chance with PGH.

TheFizzman
08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Grew up watching him play at Althoff HS here in Belleville IL. Awesome to see folks you know playing for your team. Had two good runs at end of game. Hopefully see more of him, and possibly steal a spot on the roster from B. Batch.

Clevelandsux
08-19-2012, 11:49 PM
He showed some flashes of another big back we had. Just sayin.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2012, 12:08 AM
He was alright, he had some nice power runs and had good vision but also went down pretty quick in the backfield. He's got a tough road to try and make this team but if he does it'll be as practice squad guy

LatrobePA
08-20-2012, 12:12 AM
He ran out of gas! If he was in better shape maybe he'd taken it to the house.. All in all I thought he had an ok game.

Farrior Fan
08-20-2012, 07:04 AM
was he the guy that got hurt?

coldrolled
08-20-2012, 08:31 AM
was he the guy that got hurt?

Yes, Ford came back in after he was hurt and Ryan Lee G/69 came in also and then they had two good drives and Ford and Johnson looked better.

Lee bulldozed everyone and blocked down field... Not sure if the steeler hierarchy system is always right.. 68 had 5 holding calls and an offside in two games. 68 doesnt really block anyone strongly or drive the line...

18 Gilbreath looked like a keeper.

ChucktownSteeler
08-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Ford is close to taking Batch's spot on the roster.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2012, 11:12 AM
See I don't know if Ford is that close to catching Batch simply because it depends on what types of backs they are looking for ultimately. Do they want 3 power type backs in Redman, Dwyer, and Ford? That leaves you one roster spot for a guy like Batch or Rainey. Perhaps you put the other one on the PS but neither would last very long.

Or do you do with Redman, Dwyer, Batch, and & Rainey and put Ford on the PS?

This is only one game for Ford so I want to see him do it more consistently.

K Train
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
so far ford has shown just as much as every other back on the roster lol

tburg68
08-20-2012, 11:22 AM
A couple carries against 3rd/4th string D isn't much to go on. Dwyer should start, Redman short yardage, Rainey 3rd down/change of pace back. Mendenhall back by game 4? Ford to practice squad. Batch is expendable.

tgunn86
08-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Dwyer definitely looks like he should start and keep his roster spot. Jason Ford was solid when the blocking was outstanding (against 4th stringers). We also didn't see him pass block much either, Baron Batch has that down to a tee and on that alone will help him with his spot. Rainey, Mendenhall, Redman and Dwyer are definitely staying on the team, it depends on if they want more power or speed and agility

K Train
08-20-2012, 01:56 PM
i did not see baron batch have anything down to a tee, he looks shaky, inconsistent, and soft

Big T
08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
i did not see baron batch have anything down to a tee, he looks shaky, inconsistent, and soft
Exactly. He's shown nothing to warrant a roster spot other than the fact that's he's healthy. I love the fact that Ben said, outside of Redman, Rainey was the best pass protector in camp.

K Train
08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
hes tiny but all he has to do is get in the way or misdirect them, i love seeing the little man throw his body around

coldrolled
08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Batch PS

tburg68
08-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Batch blocked two people on AB's TD. Other than that, he hasn't done anything.

K Train
08-20-2012, 04:28 PM
yeah those were sweet down field blocks, not sure that makes him a pass protecting phenom that has it down to a tee lol

NorCalSteel
08-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Mendenhall was getting really good at pass protection. I think once the O line gets a few games under their belt and stay's healthy we can get Mendy back and all this other running back talk will be forgotten..JMO give that guy a few clean steps with the ball and he will be gone....

KemoTherapy
08-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Batch was good downfield on AB's run but other than that he looks like just another guy.We have yet to see him used in the Mewelde Moore 4yrd pass mold which he was supposed to be good at.