PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to step up at reserve wide receiver

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2012, 01:42 AM
This team just really has a whole lot of nothing behind the big 3 right now. Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery are fine but man is there somebody really to separate themselves from the pack behind them? Camp is over on Friday and we still haven't seen a capable body stand out.

Maybe in the rest of the preseason games but I'm not holding my breath lol.

Tomlin said on Sunday when asked about who's stepping up in the 2nd tier of receivers... "depends on the day"

Not exactly a resounding display of confidence...

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

mos07
08-16-2012, 01:51 AM
Wallace.

ChucktownSteeler
08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Maybe Tailor Beilor spends a little time on the PS and steps up mid-way through the season.

FlatsSteeler
08-16-2012, 08:37 AM
I was hoping Cleamons but I have heard he is not having the best of camps lots of drops.....

UKSTEELER
08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
i'm hoping to see a lot more passing in these next few games, . . . let's be honest we don't want any more injuries to our running backs!!

The cream should rise to the top, who that will be I have no idea?

Shaner83
08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Brown will for sure when the regular season starts. Ben will be back to his old self

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2012, 05:31 PM
I've heard some say that Clemons has made some impressive catches and his blocking his really improved during camp. Then he drops an easy one so who knows but he's probably got as good a chance as any right now. Not sure if that's good or bad..LOL

HUNT4SEVEN
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Maze is gonna make this squad...

Big T
08-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Derrick Williams looked good today. Decent routes, had some real nice catches.

K Train
08-17-2012, 10:21 AM
i keep forgetting we have williams.

i personally like rainey to grow into that role in haleys offense

Real Deal Steel
08-17-2012, 10:24 AM
You like Rainey in EVERY role. :)

You want him as goal line RB, now WR??? MAN CRUSH!!

K Train
08-17-2012, 10:43 AM
i dont like him as the goal line back, i like that he was getting reps at it and i think he could possibly steal a few TDs around the goal line.

a guy like rainey HAS to play roles like that tho....he needs to play RB, WR, KR, PR

SteelCityKid5
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
I am once again in agreement with KTrain on Rainey, he could damage. Id love Wallace & Brown on the outside, Sanders & Rainey on the inside. Rainey wouldn't permanently be a slot WR but could and will see some action at the slot.

K Train
08-17-2012, 03:27 PM
I am once again in agreement with KTrain on Rainey, he could damage. Id love Wallace & Brown on the outside, Sanders & Rainey on the inside. Rainey wouldn't permanently be a slot WR but could and will see some action at the slot.

he essentially did that at florida, he was the better receiver and blocker compared to demps. I personally like Wallace and sanders on the outside and brown in the slot with rainey being moved around out of the backfield and attacking the seams

steelcitysfinestXL
08-17-2012, 07:10 PM
I personally like Wallace and sanders on the outside and brown in the slot with rainey being moved around out of the backfield and attacking the seams

Yeah i'd agree: Brown would be better on the inside and Sanders on the outside. Id love to see a 4 man set (trips right or left) with Rainey in the backfield and Heath as a flex TE. You could motion Rainey to the slot and heath closer to the line as a blocker/ safety valve. That would almost guarantee you AB and Rainey on a S/LB combo!!! They could REALLY pose problems for defenses.

connecticutsteel
08-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Tomlin mentions David Gilreath a lot

The problem with that is he's 5'10" we have too many little guys we need one decent sized guy for Redzone