PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger injures foot in training camp... The sky is falling!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Just before redzone drills ended Ben hit Emmanuel Sanders on a perfect fade route touchdown pass and then limped off the field.

After hobbling over to a golf cart John Norwig (trainer) checked it out and wrapped it in ice. After a few minutes he was standing up watching the goal line drills.

Tomlin said in his post practice briefing that he just got his foot stepped on. He's fine.

the sky is not falling for Steeler Nation.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

JensK
08-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Oh well.. We'll just forget about this season and look towards next year.

Steelersfan
08-04-2012, 08:41 PM
You guys crack me up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Speeed
08-04-2012, 09:16 PM
No Drama Queen comments!?

LatrobePA
08-04-2012, 09:28 PM

My tongue hurts (biting it)!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I bet there will 5 million articles tomorrow morning about it too lol

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

LatrobePA
08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Big Ben sprains balky ankle; Tomlin says Steelers QB is 'fine'

By

Published: August 04, 2012 at 10:29 PM ET

Modified: August 04, 2012 at 10:36 PM ET

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said Saturday that he sprained his left ankle during the team's practice.

It's the same ankle that has caused Roethlisberger trouble in the past.

"It was my bad ankle," he told USA Today .

Roethlisberger hurt the ankle when an offensive lineman stepped on him during goal-line practice. Roethlisberger had just completed a 20-yard touchdown pass to Emmanuel Sanders .

Roethlisberger then limped off the field and had the ankle iced.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin downplayed any worry about his quarterback's injury.

"He's fine," Tomlin said, according to CBSSports.com . "Somebody stepped on his foot. You guys love the Ben updates."

Roethlisberger caught many by surprise Wednesday when he revealed he has a partial tear in his rotator cuff but that it won't affect the way he throws the ball.

LarryNJ
08-05-2012, 09:58 AM

"It was my bad ankle," he told USA Today

:lol:

LatrobePA
08-05-2012, 10:02 AM
:lol:

Hmmmmm lol

steelersbabex25
08-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Why do you have to make a title like that BRC???

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
No Ben No Super Bowl. Anyone got a NASCAR stream?

LatrobePA
08-05-2012, 10:47 AM
No Ben No Super Bow. Anyone got a NASCAR stream?

Cut him some slack, it was his bad ankle... lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2012, 07:04 PM
@CBSSportsNFLPIT: Roethlisberger left practice early Sat. Tomlin laughed off any idea of Ben injury, but Ben later told USA Today he sprained his left ankle.

From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

LatrobePA
08-05-2012, 07:40 PM
@CBSSportsNFLPIT: Roethlisberger left practice early Sat. Tomlin laughed off any idea of Ben injury, but Ben later told USA Today he sprained his left ankle.

From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

Ben is a tool... Cowher hated when he'd talk to the media, Tomlin should limit the amount of interviews he can have.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2012, 08:01 PM
This should add some fuel to the fire of everyone barking about the season now..LOL. Let him sit out a week of practice, miss the first preseason game, no need to have him out there anyway.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/493043/ben-roethlisberger) probably shouldn't even have bothered to make the trip.

A team employee confirmed that Roethlisberger did not practice a day after he left a practice early when another player stepped on his foot. Coach Mike Tomlin downplayed the Saturday incident, cracking a joke and declaring the two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback "fine."

But at about the same time Tomlin was saying that, Roethlisberger was telling USA Today he had sprained his left ankle. That is the same ankle that was badly sprained toward the end of last season, causing him to miss a game against the St. Louis Rams and be hobbled in a handful of others.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19733463

Dee Mca
08-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Time to start looking for another qb just in case. Has BSP signed with anyone yet? Last I heard he was free agent. How about Brodie Croyle wouldn't he know the Haley offense already?

NorCalSteel
08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
lol Ben is the only reason we now have a Superbowl contender every year..lol we need him but he is a drama queen love him or hate him...I love him!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Ben clarifies, take of it what you will..

Quarterback Ben Roethlisbergerhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/ben-roethlisberger/54dda34e-9e43-4c57-9397-1143ddced5d6/) did not practice on Sunday after getting his ankle stepped on in practice the day before, but the injury doesn’t appear to be serious.

“Ben Roethlisberger is status quo with his ankle and he should be fine,” said Tomlin. “We’ll take a look at it and he will be day-to-day. We’ll see how it goes.”

Roethlisberger reiterated what Tomlin said, getting a few days rest with not practicing Sunday and the player’s day off on Monday.

“It just got stepped on. No big deal,” said Roethlisberger. “Coach Tomlin gave me the day off. I think he was going to give me the day off anyway because we have tomorrow off. So 48 hours, that gives me time to get ready to go next week.”

Roethlisberger addressed errant reports that the ankle was sprained, assuring all it is fine.

“I don’t know where that came from. It just was completely stepped on,” said Roethlisberger. “It’s good, no worries. It just got stepped on. It was nothing.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Weather-changes-venue-practice-rolls-on/e6c977cb-cf34-43ee-b20c-d304e72c1098

LatrobePA
08-06-2012, 12:42 AM
I'd say Tomlin ripped some ***, that's why the story now changed..

steelspikes
08-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Who is the back-up this year? Doesn't seem like Ben will survive camp the way things are going.

steelchamp204
08-06-2012, 11:48 AM
such a drama queen:popcorn:. lol