PDA

View Full Version : Is Willie Colon the next Chris Kemoeatu with personal fouls?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2012, 09:01 PM
So one of the big stories in camp, as if there weren't enough already, is the return of Willie Colon and of course his move to OG from Tackle. If you've been following anyt of the chatter coming out of camp so far one of the things you've noticed is all the scrapping going on.

There have 5 days with at least 1 fight, some bigger than others, but at the heart of several of them is Colon. Personally, I'm all for camp scrapping. I love seeing the guys so intense, fighting for positions, trying to impress the coaches, giving it all they got.

At the night practice though, Colon got into it again, this time with Cam Heyward and Mike Adams, as reported by Ed Bouchette and Dale Lolleyor:

@EdBouchette:
Willie Colon just punched Cam Heyward in the helmet. Hard. You can break your hand that way. Havent seen 1 of those in awhile. #steelers

@dlolleyor:
Cam Heyward, Mike Adams fight. Willie Colon breaks it up, then punches Adams himself. #Steelers

I love a mean, tough, nasty offensive lineman. The Steelers have lacked that for years. Now that Colon is back though, he better watch himself when it comes to the regular season games. We don't need another personal foul fest like Kemo used to give us every week.

I'm sure Colon is happy to be back and excited about his new position and hopefully staying healthy but damn dude, just watch yourself because 15 yds backwards just sucks.

connecticutsteel
08-03-2012, 11:07 PM
It seems like the injuries are piling up now as usual granted one is jimmy young who doesn't have a chance but colon has agroin pull those can linger and none of the defensive staring olb's have practiced more than a couple of days the Eagles game is a week away and yes it's only pre-season but you want to look respectable and if you don't practice and try to show up and play you'll tear your hamstrings to shreds it takes weeks of running and daliy streching to get them flexable

But on the topic of colon i think he's a savvy veteran guy who knows the standard.let's face it the whole interior line is a spirited group.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Everybody that was there said that punch that Colon threw at the facemask of Heyward was the hardest they've ever seen. Then Cam ripped off Colons helmet before it was broken up.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

Nolrog
08-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Good. I like to see nasty line men on both sides.

Kemo wasn't nasty as much as he was stupid. He wasn't prone to punching the DL in the face, but rather diving into the pile well after the whistle blew.

LatrobePA
08-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Everybody that was there said that punch that Colon threw at the facemask of Heyward was the hardest they've ever seen. Then Cam ripped off Colons helmet before it was broken up.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

I like seeing Cam get nasty, I hope he rips Flacco's fn helmet off!! lol

Real Deal Steel
08-04-2012, 10:45 AM
I like seeing Cam get nasty, I hope he rips Flacco's fn helmet off!! lol

Flacco always gets high strung playing us. So anything that gets him even more riled up is alright with me. hahhaa

Shaner83
08-04-2012, 11:01 AM
this is the first year in a while we have a competitive bunch looking for starting jobs. They are doing everything they can to show Haley that they are nasty and deserve to start.

K Train
08-04-2012, 11:07 AM
lol love seeing cam getting scrappy with the olinemen.

i dont think it will be a big deal, colon just has a lot of backed up rage for 2 seasons of not playing

ChucktownSteeler
08-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Like lineman with a little fire in the belly. Kemo's penalties were more of ignorance than fight. He would dive on the pile after the play was over.

C-town

Lunchbucket
08-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Good. I like to see nasty line men on both sides.

Kemo wasn't nasty as much as he was stupid. He wasn't prone to punching the DL in the face, but rather diving into the pile well after the whistle blew.

Personally,I I love me some nasty ,hungry lineman on both sides of the ball too!!.Like you said Kemo just was not very smart.Flopping around after the play was over showed furstration and lack of judgement.

86WARD
08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Seeing this and then comparing Colon to Kemo is a waste of a thread really. What history does Colon have to even begin this comparison?

86WARD
08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Personally,I I love me some nasty ,hungry lineman on both sides of the ball too!!.Like you said Kemo just was not very smart.Flopping around after the play was over showed furstration and lack of judgement.

Nasty lineman and setting a nasty tone for the season...nothing but goodness.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Seeing this and then comparing Colon to Kemo is a waste of a thread really. What history does Colon have to even begin this comparison?

It's not a waste, it's purely an observation based on how Colon has been in camp so far and in limited action over the last two years. It's not about who's better on the field, it's about the two having tempers and pme not letting it get the best of him like the other did.

Kemo wasn't a bad guard, he was known as one of the better pulling guards in the league when he was healthy and on his game. Colon was an above average tackle when healthy but not elite. He has a chance to be elite now but he'll have to keep his whits about him when the games start counting.

86WARD
08-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Colon had one personal foul in 51 games. Far from Kemo-like...and let's be honest, he's a lot less in the "false start" department too. Maybe Colon has a bad temper, but history has shown that is does NOT get the best of him...

ChucktownSteeler
08-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I think Colon is an upgrade over Kemo.

C-town

The Lakelander
08-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Colon to guard is a smart move ... it was a long time coming ...

This thing will start to take shape soon ...

Loving the heated camp ... but it's up to the coaches to temper and harness this stuff ...

I didn't hate Kemo as much as many others did ... He was not an early round pick ...

Can't wait for some cuts to begin pairing this thing down a bit ... REFINE baby! ... REFINE! ....

K Train
08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
It's not a waste, it's purely an observation based on how Colon has been in camp so far and in limited action over the last two years. It's not about who's better on the field, it's about the two having tempers and pme not letting it get the best of him like the other did.

Kemo wasn't a bad guard, he was known as one of the better pulling guards in the league when he was healthy and on his game. Colon was an above average tackle when healthy but not elite. He has a chance to be elite now but he'll have to keep his whits about him when the games start counting.
like you hear them jok about what colon is upset about and they say things like "life" jokingly, but hes just a very aggressive player who plays with a mean streak. Kemo was fat and dumb and had legit anger management issues, like in day to day life not just on the field. Also kemos pulling ability was so overrated, they ran one play where he pulled and either hit his block or didnt but he was far from a great puller, they limited him pulling an awful lot because it was painful to watch him run more like 5 yards