PDA

View Full Version : Sirius' Adam Schein says Steelers are a 3rd place AFC North team

CowherPower
08-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Browsing across the web and came across this. Plus I listen to Sirius regularly and know how Schein usually is. Schein is on Sirius NFL Radio in the afternoons normally with Rich Gannon. He's always been a Steeler hater no matter how much he tries to be fair.

Personally I'm ok with people saying the Steelers and Ravens are the top of the division, because they still are. Both have big play makers and experience in the playoffs. I don't care what anyone says though, there's no way I'm conceding the division to the Bengals though, not after just one year. I don't care what their draft was. It's one thing to be a contender for year but until you do it consistently there are still question marks about your team.

I also don't buy Polamalu is older excuse or the Hines Ward is on TV excuse. Ward wasn't a part of the offense last year and Polamalu will still be a play maker. Farrior split time on the defense so other than veteran presence this team has the tools regardless of who they lost.

The Myth: Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and will be a top-tier contender.

The Truth: The Steelers have issues and look like a third-place team.

I respect Mike Tomlin. But the Pittsburgh Steelers have some major question marks. First of all, I'm not convinced the high-strung, shotgun marriage of Todd Haley and Ben Roethlisberger will work. What do you think the NFL Network cameras will capture on Thursday, Oct. 11, when Big Ben gets to the sideline after holding onto the ball too long against the Tennessee Titans? Have you studied the combustible Haley and Roethlisberger through the years?

Meanwhile, Mike Wallace isn't in camp. He wants Larry Fitzgerald money. The Steelers (wisely) won't give it to him. It isn't like you can spin that Wallace knows the system and won't be hurt by missing time -- Haley is implementing a new offense, after all.

Furthermore, Rashard Mendenhall is hurt. Do you trust Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer? I loved the draft picks of OG David DeCastro and OT Mike Adams, but can you bank on two rookie linemen?

Hines Ward is on TV. James Farrior has left the building. Troy Polamalu is older.

The Baltimore Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC North. Baltimore has a more imposing defense (even with the Terrell Suggs injury) and a better running attack than its arch rival in Pittsburgh.

The Cincinnati Bengals are legit. Retaining both coordinators (Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer) in the offseason was huge for growth and continuity. Zimmer always gets his defenses to overachieve. Andy Dalton and A.J. Green will continue to blossom in Year 2. Right now, on August 1st, the Steelers have more issues than the Bengals.

LatrobePA
08-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Deep voice Adam is a douche... Andy Dalton had an amazing year but so did Derrick Anserson for Cleve then backed it up on the bench come mid season! Let's see if RED can keep it going...

cmerrifield
08-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Yes, I love that Suggs is injuried, Reed and Lewis are a hundred, but the Steelers have issues. The Bengals have no depth at CB and a second year QB, but they are far better than us because Ben and Haley aren't professional enough to work together. What an idiot!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Siii using tapatalk 2

DBR96A
08-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Let them talk. We get the last laugh more often than not anyway.

LarryNJ
08-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Meanwhile, Mike Wallace isn't in camp. He wants Larry Fitzgerald money. The Steelers (wisely) won't give it to him. It isn't like you can spin that Wallace knows the system and won't be hurt by missing time -- Haley is implementing a new offense, after all.

Furthermore, Rashard Mendenhall is hurt. Do you trust Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer? I loved the draft picks of OG David DeCastro and OT Mike Adams, but can you bank on two rookie linemen?

They are legitimate questions. Although the Ravens also have question marks and the Bengals well they need to prove themselves yet.

coldrolled
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Week 1 Bengals - Ravens Let them talk then... One will be in first place....

Black@Gold Forever32
08-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Troy is older but the same argument can be made for Gay Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.....Suggs is out and is a huge blow....Plus they lost Jarret Johnson....Nobody seems to mention that.....Both of the Ratbirds OLBs will be missing from last year....But the Rats will plug in people just fine.....lol Talk about older to.....How about that Ravens OL? Their OL is a old and a mess.......I agree the Bengals are a bigger threat then the Ravens......But still I don't think Andy Dalton is all that impressive...Very Neil O'Donnell like to me.......I guess we just have to see what our old and over-rated Steelers do this year......lol What a joke....I don't expect everybody to sing the Steelers praises but their reasoning behind it is really stupid......

connecticutsteel
08-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Mark it down Suggs will never be the same.If the Ravens get off to a poor start he will come back too soon and really blow it up

K Train
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
andy dalton reached his ceiling last season, and post injuries and free agency the ravens look like the 3rd place team to me.

this happens every year, i love it. 12-4 last season and really only got better imo

steelersbabex25
08-01-2012, 04:10 PM
.............bahahahahahahahaha

jpele
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Guess if we're going to finish third in our division I may as well toss out the TV. Sounds like Adam could use some toilet paper to wipe his mouth ,talking like an ***.

gtadroptop
08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
I love the pre-season prognostication. Steers "D" was too old last year. That tune changed after the first few weeks. The "O" is doomed this year because Haley and Ben won't get along, plus a few other well known reasons. I would be more worried if we were predicted to take it all.

Nolrog
08-01-2012, 05:49 PM
>>> Troy Polamalu is older.

I guess Ed Reed and Ray Lewis don't age, huh?

>>> Baltimore has a more imposing defense (even with the Terrell Suggs injury) and a better running attack than its arch rival in Pittsburgh.

I guess the loss of their best defensive player means nothing. Don't dismiss the loss of Suggs. It's huge.

>>> Furthermore, Rashard Mendenhall is hurt. Do you trust Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer? I loved the draft picks of OG David DeCastro and OT Mike Adams, but can you bank on two rookie linemen?

Mendenhall was much maligned anyway. I trust Redman and Dwyer behind that OL. Can you bank on them. Yes, I think you can, more so than you can bank on a rookie safety (just look at the last 2 rookies on the line, Pouncey and Gilbert, and both were pretty good.)

>>> What do you think the NFL Network cameras will capture on Thursday, Oct. 11, when Big Ben gets to the sideline after holding onto the ball too long against the Tennessee Titans?

I'm thinking that Ben will get the kick in the *** he needs and learn to dump the ball off a bit earlier and take the incomplete instead of the sack.

steelspikes
08-01-2012, 08:00 PM
For the sake of career longevity and scoring consistency, Ben's game has to be modified. I just hope that he realizes that, and doesn't view it as something being forced upon him. Not overly concerned about Wallace. The deep ball was over-used by Arians whenever the offense stalled (and under his direction it stalled a lot). Brown & Sanders are more suited to the type of offense I sense that Haley is trying to install. If the O-line is solid, it doesn't matter too much who takes the hand-off. Defense under Lebeau will be solid; yes, there may be some drop-off. But if the offense can generate points more consistently, it shouldn't matter that much.

jnes1216
08-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Just not a 3rd place team. Not with this qb and not with this line play (i'm speculating, but I think the improvements to both sides of the ball on the line of scrimmage prove beneficial). Beneficial in red zone efficiency for the offense and "prove yourself again" attitude for the d-line.

Real Deal Steel
08-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Ed reed has retirement on his mind half the time. Ray Lewis can't cover a turtle in pass coverage, they lost key offensive linemen, and there pass rush is highly suspect now with no Suggs. But we've got issues????

Nolrog
08-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Ed reed has retirement on his mind half the time. Ray Lewis can't cover a turtle in pass coverage, they lost key offensive linemen, and there pass rush is highly suspect now with no Suggs. But we've got issues????

People ignore those issues, but then come back and say the Steelers are a really old team (forgetting the fact that we lost quite a bit of age this last off season.)

Speeed
08-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Look at it this way - he will be surprised. They will finish first, or last! Either way the guy will be surprised! :)

SnakeEyes43
08-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Okay Adam :sHa_okay:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Schein is a Raven lover and has always been in their corner or anyone who plays the Steelers. He's more than happy to brush off other teams injuries and changes. Gannon rides his jock most of the time too but at least he's got experience in the league behind him.

When the coaches have faith in Flacco when the game is on the line consistently and they figure how to use Rice, then maybe his opinion will be worth slightly more than cow dung.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

Steveo
08-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Adam sounds drunk half the time, I take what he as to say with a truck load of salt.

Clevelandsux
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Schein is a dork. He is a big steeler hater and makes no bones about it. He's still bitter about his seahags losing to us in SB 40. The guy is a douche. Has no credibility in my book.

MattyVfromCT
08-02-2012, 06:56 PM
hey if you guys want a real laugh, check out this joke of a blog. not only does this jackass say we will go 6-10 because "ben is hurt" and we are "too old", he actually believes t-snuggle will be ready for them by WEEK 1 LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mrballsohard.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben_2.html

The Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger got hurt in week 9 when he played my Baltimore Ravens. He told the media that he tore his rotator cuff. And people are telling me it’s not a big deal because it heals by itself. If the injury happened in Nov of 2011, and it’s still not 100% that’s a sign to me that it serious.
I am so thrilled to hear this news. I know that Big Ben might be young but he has taken a lot of hits during his career. So if he plays this year and plays like ****, I think the Steelers fans will want Big Ben head. I say that because I told those stupid fans that the Steelers will go 6-10 this year.
Now that Big Ben has injured his rotator cuff, he needs that to throw it deep. I see their D will struggle as well as their Offense because there players are too OLD to play in the NFL. They do have young players but they have no experience playing in the NFL. With a not a good Defense and a poor Offense, the Steelers will have the worst season that they had with the Rooney Family.
If you are a diehard raven fan like me, you are thrilled that this could happen to your least favorite team in the NFL. They were the ones that laughed at our faces when Suggs got hurt in May. At least we can tell them that our key player got hurt ways before training camp, and it will heal up and be ready by week 1.

Big T
08-02-2012, 08:21 PM
That kid is a complete moron lol

gtadroptop
08-03-2012, 12:02 AM
**** on the Ravens and **** on that tool.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2012, 09:28 AM
LOL that kid is a douche..OMG Ben's shoulder is busted, whatever will we do! He can't throw in camp, he can't throw in the regular season. We're thru! :evilshake:

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are still riding this Steelers are old thing.

Real Deal Steel
08-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Goes to show you that people latch on to one thing and hold it forever without keeping up on what's happening on a daily basis. Most people watch a snippet of ESPN, adopt the opinion they hear and make it gospel in their minds.

Matter of fact, that's what's wrong with this country in general. They believe everything the TV tells them with no free thought.

Nolrog
08-03-2012, 03:09 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how many people are still riding this Steelers are old thing.

The NY Post writer noted that in his NFL preview as well. But then they ignore the fact that we lost Farrior (37), Ward (36), Hoke (36) and Smith (36) and didn't bring in any old players to replace them. That's a significant drop in age.

They have a very good mix of experienced players and youngsters right now and should be fine in that respect. Although, getting another impact player on defense, to replace Harrison or Troy in a couple years needs to be a priority in next year's draft.

SuperSteelers
08-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't have blinders on? I honestly can see the Steelers finishing 3rd in the division this season (although I hope not). A new offensive coordinator and new game plan is no cake walk in the park. There will be a learning curve in that aspect. The same can be said about the rookies on the o-line. If Wallace is a no show then I can honestly see opposing defenses playing it tight to the line of scrimmage daring Big Ben to beat them with his arm (torn rotator cuff). This season will need to be full of adjustments which we all know is not the Steelers strong suit. What you see is what you get with this coaching staff.

Clevelandsux
08-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Ibelieve there are alot of question marks on this team. Doesn't mean we can't be successful.

mos07
08-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Andy Dalton or Ben Roethlisberger?......I will take my chances with Ben.

Farrior Fan
08-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Goes to show you that people latch on to one thing and hold it forever without keeping up on what's happening on a daily basis. Most people watch a snippet of ESPN, adopt the opinion they hear and make it gospel in their minds.

Matter of fact, that's what's wrong with this country in general. They believe everything the TV tells them with no free thought.

Amen, here is what the EXPERTS at ESPN had to say about us in the 2010 preseason. I can't remember who won the AFCN that year...... http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2010/week/0

Lunchbucket
08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Hope all the 'Experts' on ESPN and anywhere else pick us dead last ,with an ice cubes chance in hell, to win the division,cause it will only makes it sweeter....when we do.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-08-2012, 04:50 PM
I was thinking about this the other day, and man every year when the media picks us to lose we come thru to make the playoffs again. I put as much faith in Schein as I do in Warren Sapp but I still find it comical every year when it's the same old song and dance with Baltimore and Cincy being improved and the best and all that.

I bet if Seahawks were in the AFC North they'd be ranked higher than we are. :reddevil:

coldrolled
08-08-2012, 06:58 PM
I was thinking about this the other day, and man every year when the media picks us to lose we come thru to make the playoffs again. I put as much faith in Schein as I do in Warren Sapp but I still find it comical every year when it's the same old song and dance with Baltimore and Cincy being improved and the best and all that.

I bet if Seahawks were in the AFC North they'd be ranked higher than we are. :reddevil:

All these talking heads ride the bandwagon with the high flying offenses.

They dont realize Arians is with the Colts... Good Luck! Pray for Luck!

We will change the mood in the media by mid season.... Except for Bens heroics and scrambling we were pretty boring the BA years...

Bens 55 sacks is not a real positive for the offense..

Stone
08-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Schein is probably one of the dumbest hosts I have ever listened to and I listen every day because I love Sirius NFL. You have to take Schein if you want Gannon who knows his stuff.

Schein makes a living being controversial, he says stupid things to generate listeners and he thinks his job is to "create" NFL news rather than comment on it.

That being said.......I still don't like Haley on a Steeler sideline.