PDA

View Full Version : Colon: "Going inside is my whole game"

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Ken Laird of the Pittsburgh Trib talked with Willie Colon about his new position. Here's part of the interview.. (http://sportstalk.triblive.com/content/chat-steelers-lg-willie-colon)

Have you embraced being a left guard, running that signature Steelers pulling-guard run?
We run 36-Power a lot. Whatever my job is, I dont look forward to any single play. If 36-Power is the call, Im just going hit whatever is looking the opposite of me. Going inside is my whole game. I can just kind of bounce around and be the hunter. I like it so far.

Do you know your new position enough to be able to help the new left tackles?
I think a little bit, were kind of helping each other. But at the same time, I know how to prepare as a professional. I know what it takes to be ready on gameday, and whoever is next to me I know theyll be ready, too.

How much technique work do you have to do at camp?

Its all technique, you cant be an offensive lineman without good mechanics and technique. Thats our whole day, thats the only thing we do out here is work on technique. Other guys get to run around and look pretty. Were back in the corner, working on footsteps and hitting pads. Thats our job, man, I wouldnt want it any other way. You learn to love it at a very young age. And if you dont love it, you wont make it.

He's a shoe in for that starting job at this point but for God sakes just stay healthy man!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-27-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm excited to see Colon at OG since I always thought he was an OG at the NFL level........Like many predraft reports stated he was prior to the 2006 NFL draft.....

Raleigh Steel
07-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm excited to see Colon at OG since I always thought he was an OG at the NFL level........Like many predraft reports stated he was prior to the 2006 NFL draft.....

100% agree.

KemoTherapy
07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Colon's "going inside" ?. Sounds like a "Colon-oscopy" to me.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Colon's "going inside" ?. Sounds like a "Colon-oscopy" to me.

:bluelol:

I'm not concerned with Colon's ability to play at OG, I think he's a great fit there. I'm just worried about him making out of the first month of the season without getting hurt. He signed that huge deal last year and missed the whole season again. As long as he's out there I love his potential. He does play mean which I love to see in lineman. None of this nice guy stuff, "here let me help you up off the ground" ...No way, when their down you trash talk and just walk away knowing you kicked his ***.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-27-2012, 03:02 PM
:bluelol:

I'm not concerned with Colon's ability to play at OG, I think he's a great fit there. I'm just worried about him making out of the first month of the season without getting hurt. He signed that huge deal last year and missed the whole season again. As long as he's out there I love his potential. He does play mean which I love to see in lineman. None of this nice guy stuff, "here let me help you up off the ground" ...No way, when their down you trash talk and just walk away knowing you kicked his ***.

You're right he has to stay healthy but if he does I think Colon will be a serious upgrade to Kemo.......

ChucktownSteeler
07-27-2012, 05:36 PM
I like the attitude!

Let's go Willie!

connecticutsteel
07-27-2012, 07:19 PM
This could be a bigger deal than drafting DeCastro all that pent up adrenaline from 2 years on IR this O-line could be one for the ages the offensive steel curtain

Real Deal Steel
07-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Please..let it be so.