PDA

View Full Version : Bridger Buche signs with Steelers

BlitzburghRockCity
07-23-2012, 03:51 PM
The roster spot vacated by the now departed Jonathan Scott has been filled. According to Bob Labriola via Twitter, the Steelers signed a new Guard today.

@BobLabriola: Not as big as the news on DeCastro, but Steelers sign another guard -- rookie free agent Bridger Buche from Eastern Michigan.

His Twitter: @bbuche76 (http://www.twitter.com/bbuche76)

Height:
6-3 3/8

Weight:

Speed:

Arm:
32 1/2

Hand:
90 5/8

Wingspan:

Birthdate:
01/12/1989

Hometown:
Portland, MI

Grade:

From the National Football Post: (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=39035)

Buche possesses a sloppy build with a lot of excess weight through his mid-section, and doesn't carry his additional girth real well. He is a limited athlete on the move who struggles to quickly fire out of his stance and get into the second level. He also really lumbers the more space he's asked to play in and struggles to break down as well into contact. He's more of a linear guy once he gets going who is tight in the hips, struggles with body control and lacks the coordination to re-direct and break down in any kind of space. He exhibits an average get-off burst into contact, but isn't overly powerful and, despite running his legs through contact, he has a tough time staying engaged.

He is limited as a pass blocker. Buche needs to play through contact and has a tendency to get overextended into contact and will lose balance at the point. He doesn't exhibit much range laterally, has a tough time sliding his feet in space through contact and isn't real comfortable when asked to shuffle and slide. He showcases some natural anchor strength and can keep his base down somewhat when trying to anchor, but anytime he's asked to slide laterally he really struggles to stay engaged.

Impression: A limited, tight hipped athlete with a sloppy frame who doesn't look like an NFL caliber athlete.

Just another body for training camp right now. That review doesn't lend much to a promising prospect does it...

TarlsQtr
07-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Sounds more useful to the team than Wallace. ;-)

K Train
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
i know a game changer when i see it

Big T
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Damn. I thought we signed Bobby Boucher there for a second :(

cmerrifield
07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
He is J. Scott's replacement which makes him one of my favorite players.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Siii using tapatalk 2

Cricker24
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Buche possesses a sloppy build with a lot of excess weight through his mid-section, and doesn't carry his additional girth real well. He is a limited athlete on the move who struggles to quickly fire out of his stance and get into the second level. He also really lumbers the more space he's asked to play in and struggles to break down as well into contact. He's more of a linear guy once he gets going who is tight in the hips, struggles with body control and lacks the coordination to re-direct and break down in any kind of space. He exhibits an average get-off burst into contact, but isn't overly powerful and, despite running his legs through contact, he has a tough time staying engaged.

He is limited as a pass blocker. Buche needs to play through contact and has a tendency to get overextended into contact and will lose balance at the point. He doesn't exhibit much range laterally, has a tough time sliding his feet in space through contact and isn't real comfortable when asked to shuffle and slide. He showcases some natural anchor strength and can keep his base down somewhat when trying to anchor, but anytime he's asked to slide laterally he really struggles to stay engaged.

Impression: A limited, tight hipped athlete with a sloppy frame who doesn't look like an NFL caliber athlete....

Other than that, he's a future Hall of Famer!! :lol:

Chris :tt02:

JensK
07-23-2012, 06:53 PM
This has franchise painted all over it.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Damn. I thought we signed Bobby Boucher there for a second :(

:rofl: that's the first thing I thought of when I saw his name!

Zachintosh66
07-23-2012, 09:41 PM
J. Scott's replacement is already better than J. Scott ever was!

The Lakelander
07-24-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm pissed! ... This is the best they could do with that vacancy? ... "You're only as good as your weakest player" ... Small, slow and out-of-shape don't cut it at the Pro level ... WTF?

FeelSteel
07-24-2012, 09:38 AM
They needed to bring in someone to carry DeCastro's helmet, that's about all the significance I can make from this story.

drucifer
07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
You 'member when Bridger Buche showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl, do ya??

K Train
07-24-2012, 11:35 AM
i remember.

im pretty sure this guy is gonna be a hall of famer, **** the doubters!!!!!!!!!!!

KemoTherapy
07-24-2012, 02:09 PM
This is some kind of a joke isn't it?.

connecticutsteel
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
This is some kind of a joke isn't it?.

no were dead serious!!!!!!!!!!!!