PDA

View Full Version : DeCastro signs 4 year deal!

steelcitysfinestXL
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm reading a rumor David DeCastro and the Steelers came to terms on a 4 year deal with and option on the 5th. If anyone finds sources please post a link, thanks!

Big T
07-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Done deal...

@EdBouchette: #steelers get 4-year deal done with top pick DeCastro, plus 5th option

Black@Gold Forever32
07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Awesome and I'm hoping Wallace signs soon so the madness will stop.....lol

K Train
07-23-2012, 02:49 PM
knew it would come today or tomorrow with reiff signing with the lions today

BlitzburghRockCity
07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Yup it's official he's signed, sealed and will be delivered to camp on time.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Big T
07-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Steelers get their deal done with David*DeCastro
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 23, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT

And then there were eight (unsigned first-round picks).

After Detroit signed 23rd overall pick Riley Reiff this morning, the Steelers have followed suit, getting 24th pick David DeCastro signed, according to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The guard from Stanford will get a four-year deal worth $7.814 million, per the slotted system that makes these deals so much easier to reach than they used to be.

The Steelers report to training camp in Latrobe, Pa., Wednesday, and with the DeCastro deal, the entire draft class has now been signed.

Now there are just 23 unsigned picks total, a number which will diminish rapidly in the next few days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/23/steelers-get-their-deal-done-with-david-decastro/

TarlsQtr
07-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Great and expected news...

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Awesome and I'm hoping Wallace signs soon so the madness will stop.....lol

Agreed !!! One down one to go..

K Train
07-23-2012, 03:34 PM
after an amazing draft the perfect finish to the offseason would be signing wallace to a 5 year deal and signing cedric benson to a 1 year one

Real Deal Steel
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Cedric Benson? Naaaaw..

K Train
07-23-2012, 03:41 PM
benson is worlds better than redman, but together they would be a punishing duo. Hed take the league minimum

BlitzburghRockCity
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Benson would definitely take the league minimum right now. He just wants to play for someone. I'm sure the Steelers are keeping an eye on him should a rash of injuries occur and they need solid veteran backup. I would think too that if Mendenhall wasn't progressing well, they might have tried to sign him by now.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
after an amazing draft the perfect finish to the offseason would be signing wallace to a 5 year deal and signing cedric benson to a 1 year one

Train I usually agree with you but I don't want the Steelers to have nothing to do with Benson......

Real Deal Steel
07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
The gear that Dwyer showed when he went 60 yards with his first carry is more explosive then anything Benson has done in his career. I'll stick with Dwyer who is more explosive and has younger, fresher legs.

Raleigh Steel
07-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Awesome news! This season can't get here fast enough! Welcome decastro....you are officially on the greatest team now!

K Train
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
The gear that Dwyer showed when he went 60 yards with his first carry is more explosive then anything Benson has done in his career. I'll stick with Dwyer who is more explosive and has younger, fresher legs.

if dwyer is truly in good shape like he claims to be i have zero problem with dwyer stealing time from redman

86WARD
07-23-2012, 04:19 PM

Please.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-23-2012, 06:29 PM
if dwyer is truly in good shape like he claims to be i have zero problem with dwyer stealing time from redman

Yea I'm for this....The team spent a draft pick on Dwyer...........I rather see him get a chance then bring in somebody who never lived up to his draft status like Benson.....The price would be right like you suggested but I never been a fan of Benson.....

ChucktownSteeler
07-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Great news!

Benson, thanks but no thanks. I stay with the stable of backs we have and Haley's imagination!

connecticutsteel
07-23-2012, 06:35 PM
great news forget Benson

JensK
07-23-2012, 06:52 PM
I have a lot of time for Dwyer! Not so much for Benson.

K Train
07-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Yea I'm for this....The team spent a draft pick on Dwyer...........I rather see him get a chance then bring in somebody who never lived up to his draft status like Benson.....The price would be right like you suggested but I never been a fan of Benson.....
i think benson is a solid back, 4th overall is tough for a RB to live up too, i never bought that hype on him...walter payton was taken 4th overall to the bears...that was an uphill battle to live up to in the first place. Benson says he will take whatever he can get i think that speaks huge about a guy that just wants to play and still has some left in the tank. idk i just think hed be a good contributing pickup. A better pickup than Mewelde Moore was, a better pickup than Najeh Davenport was....and i like those guys, they did some good things in small-ish roles

Black@Gold Forever32
07-23-2012, 07:00 PM
i think benson is a solid back, 4th overall is tough for a RB to live up too, i never bought that hype on him...walter payton was taken 4th overall to the bears...that was an uphill battle to live up to in the first place. Benson says he will take whatever he can get i think that speaks huge about a guy that just wants to play and still has some left in the tank. idk i just think hed be a good contributing pickup. A better pickup than Mewelde Moore was, a better pickup than Najeh Davenport was....and i like those guys, they did some good things in small-ish roles

I live close to Chicago even though I'm not a Bears fan I guess I'm biased when it comes to Benson......No doubt Benson is better then Moore or Davenport but he was kind of a turd with the Bears....I might be in favor with bringing in Benson if Dwyer craps the bed and if Mendy is out for the season........I'm really content for the Steelers to roll with what they have at RB.....

Black@Gold Forever32
07-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Benson going to be 30 in December.......30 is that age for RB's..........you never know when the bottom will drop out.....

steelcitysfinestXL
07-23-2012, 07:38 PM
I would have no problem bringing in Ced Benson for league minimum. Without Mendenhall we're entering this season with redman as our most experienced rb! That's honestly a little unnerving for me. I'd be nice to have that insurance, NFL level back invade Redman goes down or fails! I like Redman, I like Dwyer but they are putting Alot of stock into very little pro experience!

steelcitysfinestXL
07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
F'n iPhone auto correct!!! Lol

SteelCityKid5
07-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Id be for Benson if we got him cheap though..I like KTrains ideas

JensK
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd still not touch him. They have plenty of salary issues as it is. I'm not a big fan of Redman at all, but with the new o-line and hopefully a WR with Wallace back I don't think we should be too worried with our RBs.

HUNT4SEVEN
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM

I like Ced Benson to...

Mike Tomlin
07-24-2012, 12:59 AM
I've been thinking that this whole off season, Benson would be a great signing for us we've needed a vet running back for the last 2 to 3 years. He had some very good years with the Bengals especially against us. I think this young line needs a tough running vet behind them to curb some of the mistakes they make from picking up the blitz to knowing the assignments and finding the hole. Plus if Mendenhall is going to be here long term you don't want to rush him back on the field with a knee injury like that, let alone the fact that they have a whole new offensive line. Signing Benson gives him time to build up the strength in that knee without the pressure of rushing back.