PDA

View Full Version : Todd Haley on "Hot Seat"?

TarlsQtr
07-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Article here. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19618102/ten-nfl-coaches-who-find-themselves-in-unenviable-positions)

I am not sure I agree. I think he is in a tough situation only from the perspective that he has been given so many great tools to work with (e.g. a functional offensive line!), that he should succeed. Even if the offense does not live up to the very high expectations, the Steelers will not be affected by fan pressure. I bet about 25-30 OCs would love to be given the "unenviable position" that Haley is in, with a franchise QB, three quality WRs, etc.

Man, I cannot wait until training camp so I can get some REAL news. LOL

I also got a chuckle reading about how Norv Turner and staff are gone if they do not win right away. I have been reading that for 10 years and like the freaking undead, he keeps coming back after all of those 9-7 seasons.

ChucktownSteeler
07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't think so. They only love BA got in Pittsburgh was from Ben. He has a legitimate honeymoon here, but I feel he will succeed early and be offered a HC position elsewhere within 2-3 years.

strummerfan
07-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't think so. They only love BA got in Pittsburgh was from Ben. He has a legitimate honeymoon here, but I feel he will succeed early and be offered a HC position elsewhere within 2-3 years.

If the Steelers struggle offensively you know damn well the masses will be out in full force with pitchforks and torches screaming for Haley's head in no time.

LatrobePA
07-21-2012, 11:43 AM
F that article!

SteelCityKid5
07-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Now thats just idiotic

coldrolled
07-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Haley will be fine we will play great.

Now BA and Luck is where im looking at another Arians and Tim Couch senario.. ouch!

Did anyone view the Browns - Steelers 2002 Playoff game replay where Arians (with the browns) did use the clock like arians of old and kept passing... with a huge lead.

I loved how we beat him. oh, i forgot, he was passing because he thought we would think.... with his lead that he would be running..

Black@Gold Forever32
07-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Haley will be fine we will play great.

Now BA and Luck is where im looking at another Arians and Tim Couch senario.. ouch!

Did anyone view the Browns - Steelers 2002 Playoff game replay where Arians (with the browns) did use the clock like arians of old and kept passing... with a huge lead.

I loved how we beat him. oh, i forgot, he was passing because he thought we would think.... with his lead that he would be running..

Yea since it was clearly BA's fault that Dennis Northcut dropped the pass to clinch the game for the Browns......BA was far from great as an OC but at the same time he wasn't the total idiot like most you claim he was.......BA knows how to design an offense but play-calling is not his best attribute........

I can't wait for the offense to stall some under Haley so most can freak out and call for his head.....lol The Steelers offense will suffer some growing pains at first with two rookie OL and the players learning a new system.......so patience will be required......

BlitzburghRockCity
07-21-2012, 04:24 PM
BA was only half of an OC. He could design an offense and develop a quarterback but couldn't call a game consistently to save his life.

Haley will struggle, it's inevitable. All new offenses have growing pains. No jumping off bridges for me lol

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Blazedby92
07-21-2012, 04:54 PM
LMAO, He hasn't even coached a game yet this year but he's on the HOT SEAT matter of fact he's already done more for this team than BA and still hasn't coache yet.

Zachintosh66
07-21-2012, 05:30 PM
hot? He just got there... has he even found his seat yet?

Nolrog
07-21-2012, 09:29 PM
On the hot seat? He hasn't even run 1 official practice yet.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD AND HOLY, TRAINING CAMP CANNOT START SOON ENOUGH!!!!

pimplydan
07-22-2012, 08:03 AM
its never boring around here LOL

Real Deal Steel
07-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Being realistic, there will be growing pains for the offense. But if they come out and establish the running game, the learning curve won't be so steep. The best way to gel an O-line with two new guys is to run the ball! Broncos were 22nd against the run last year
and I don't see any major improvements in their run defense. So the opportunity is there.

ChucktownSteeler
07-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Haley will be fine. Book it.

The biggest concern I have is he will do so well he will be offered a HC position within 2 - 3 years.

C-town