PDA

View Full Version : Vick sees potential dynasty with Eagles...

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Could this Eagles team become a dynasty?

Michael Vick discusses the promise he sees in the current Eagles' squad. 7/17/12
Vick talks about his book 'Finally Free'

Michael Vick talks about why he decided to write his new book "Finally Free". 7/18/12

The 49ers won three Super Bowls from 1988 through 1994. The Cowboys won three from 1992 through 1995. The Packers went to back-to-back Super Bowls in 1995 and 1996.

When Michael Vick looks at his team, his Eagles, that’s what he sees.

“When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there,” Vick said.

“I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty.”

Vick, entering his fourth year with the Eagles, spoke with CSN’s Derrick Gunn on Tuesday as training camp at Lehigh University approaches.

“I think it's just a mind-set for my organization on down to the players,” he said. “We know we can do it. We know what we have, that's the great thing about it. We know what we have as a team, as an organization and what better position to be in than to know that you have an opportunity?”

Vick is 15-9 as a starter with the Eagles with 40 touchdowns and 20 interceptions, but the Eagles lost their only playoff game with him at quarterback, against the Packers in 2010, and haven’t won a playoff game since 2008.

“I think just getting to the postseason right now is our focus,” he said. “The Super Bowl is going to come if it's meant to happen. Some of the best teams have some of the best luck. Maybe we'll have some of that. I think our focus needs to be one game at a time, just getting into the postseason.

“That mind-set has kind of changed a little bit even though that's the common goal. I think you have to take it in phases and stages, and we'll see what happens."

The main theme for the off-season has been whether Vick can reduce his turnovers. The Eagles are 8-1 when he doesn’t throw an interception and 6-8 when he does.

“I just have to make everyone on the outside looking in a believer,” he said. “It's going to be tough, but it's all about discipline and I can't get out on the field making crazy, hasty decisions when there's no need to, so I'm focused. I'm ready to go.”

Vick is scheduled to report to Lehigh with the rookies and other quarterbacks on Sunday. That group, along with players who were injured last year, will practice on Monday. The rest of the team will report Wednesday and practice Thursday. The first full-team practice open to the public is a week from Friday.

“I'm very excited about heading into this training camp,” Vick said. “I think it's going to be great for everybody. I think our entire team is looking forward to it. I think our entire organization is looking forward to it.

“We’re in a special place right now. ... We believe that we have a lot to accomplish, and we believe we can do it. and I think that's where it all starts, with your faith.”

First off how do you not mention the greatest dynasty of all...the STEELERS ??!!
Second off shouldn't ya win more then 1 playoff game before you start calling yourself a potential Dynasty?? Drug tests should be ordered !!

scudmissile29
07-19-2012, 04:26 AM
Vick's an idiot.

LarryNJ
07-19-2012, 07:16 AM
They are one player away from having a very good team. Too bad that one position is yours Mike.

Really who would buy his book? And why would they buy it?

Njsteelersnut
07-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Apparently Vick has been smoking some potent weed.....its made him dillusional.......maybe if he takes himself out of the equation, they could succeed, but dynasty aint happening as long as him and Andy "The Hamburglar" Reid are part of that organization.

gtadroptop
07-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Shouldn't this post be in the Comedy Central forum?

ChucktownSteeler
07-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Well I got my laugh for the day.

K Train
07-19-2012, 09:11 AM
i dont get what the big deal is, they have either great young players or damn near elite veteran players at most positions. andy reed is holding them back, them becoming a dynasty is one of my worst sports nightmares but its not THAT outlandish, i dont think the giants had a 2 superbowl roster in them

LatrobePA
07-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Vick isn't the QB to get them to the promise land, sorry Mike!

LarryNJ
07-19-2012, 09:43 AM
i dont get what the big deal is, they have either great young players or damn near elite veteran players at most positions. andy reed is holding them back, them becoming a dynasty is one of my worst sports nightmares but its not THAT outlandish, i dont think the giants had a 2 superbowl roster in them

Great running back, very good O line, very good wr's, very good D-line, very good CB's, the were weak at LB & safety but seemed to have upgraded there. Vick & Reed are their 2 weak links, although it took Cowher many years to learn how to win in the playoffs maybe Andy has it figured out.

K Train
07-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Great running back, very good O line, very good wr's, very good D-line, very good CB's, the were weak at LB & safety but seemed to have upgraded there. Vick & Reed are their 2 weak links, although it took Cowher many years to learn how to win in the playoffs maybe Andy has it figured out.

I dont consider vick as weak of a link as he used to be, he has figured out how to pass the ball much better, if he stays healthy he could be the next guy who cant to become the guy who did. The upgraded at safety with Atogwe and they drafted Mychal Kendricks to play LB....this team isnt very far away from being very good

LarryNJ
07-19-2012, 09:49 AM
:dunno: What did Vick do last year that makes you think that?

K Train
07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
not so much last year, they were a mess last year and were exposed at LB, castillo was running a terrible scheme on defense and played nnamdi in zone like samuel when hes a press man corner. In 2010 vick was brilliant as a passer andy reid did wonders for him in that aspect of his game

LarryNJ
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
not so much last year, they were a mess last year and were exposed at LB, castillo was running a terrible scheme on defense and played nnamdi in zone like samuel when hes a press man corner. In 2010 vick was brilliant as a passer andy reid did wonders for him in that aspect of his game

Yes they were a mess on D last year...I mean what did Vick show you last year? Sure he was good in 2010 because teams blitzed him and that wasn't the way to play him. Last year they figured it out, they sat back in coverage and Vick was lost, hence all the int's. We'll see if he adjust this year, I doubt it because really he's not the brightness star in the sky.

K Train
07-19-2012, 10:07 AM
you also have desean jackson running lazy, sloppy routes last year...maybe he shows up this season

LarryNJ
07-19-2012, 10:09 AM
I think Desean will show up, he's been paid.

Real Deal Steel
07-19-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't know about Dynasty, but if you look at that division, no one has won it two years in a row. It's too tough. So considering how the strike affected them (bunch of new guys with no camp and a chip on their shoulders) I see them winning that division. But I don't see them getting past Green Bay or Chicago who I think are the two teams that will come out the NFC for the Super Bowl.

For them to even go to the Super Bowl, Vick would have to play the QB position at a higher and more consistent level then he's ever done before. And I just don't see that from him. At this point in a career, you are what you are.

steelcitysfinestXL
07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Real Deal Steel;500035]I don't know about Dynasty, but if you look at that division, no one has won it two years in a row. It's too tough. I see them winning that division. But I don't see them getting past Green Bay or Chicago who I think are the two teams that will come out the NFC for the Super Bowl. [QUOTE]

The NFC has been a toss up for the last handful of years. Green Bay and San Fran should be tops in the NFC this year. Looking at the NFC East: Dallas is a complete enigma! They could go 14-2 or 6-10 so I wouldnt count them out. Washington, on paper, improved their roster A TON this offseason. Though they had a pityful record they played in alot of close games against some good teams and beat the NYG twice. And the Giants are the reigning champs, though they lost alot in this offseason to FA and even a few injuries, that DL will keep them in any game.

Im a Mike Vick fan (shut up, its my own opinion LOL) but him and that offense are going to have to put up some SERIOUS points because their D was ****-poor last year. With Shady, Macklin, D-Jack and Vick they are as scary as any offense in the league in terms of firepower. Vick staying healthy and upright should combat the turnovers that plagued him last year, but that defense will keep them from being a serious Super Bowl contender, let alone DYNASTY or Dreamteam!

jpele
07-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Mike can't be far off with his statement, last year they were the " dream team" next step up would be " dynasty".

TarlsQtr
07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Even Vick does not take the statement seriously.

The guy is trying to sell books. Because of the dogfighting fiasco, this is the most outlandish thing he can say without being roundly criticized. However, it gets him in the media all of whom will compliantly remind the reader that Vick has a new book out.

In a nutshell, he said it to market his book.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-20-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't buy Vick's comments for a second. I get that he wants to have confidence in his team but he'd be better off predicting that he'll stay healthy before using words like dynasty and dream team.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

greennick
07-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I see a dynasty of continued disappointment by the so called dream team due to their lack of depth...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ChucktownSteeler
07-21-2012, 09:57 AM
One word: Chemistry