PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds sign Rice

BlitzburghRockCity
07-17-2012, 12:53 PM
From ESPN, Ray Rice signs 5 yr deal worth 40 million. I would have thought he'd be holding out for more considering how long they took to sign him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8171271/ray-rice-baltimore-ravens-signs-5-year-40m-deal

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

K Train
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
big money for a RB with a lot of wear on his tires...they ran him hard at rutgers and hes been a workhorse for them so far, i actually like that they gave him big money

Speeed
07-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Let me put this in context, which I usually do when speaking about our arch-nemesis, as I have lived just outside of Baltimore my entire life so I have a handle on the local football player scene . . .

Rice is one of the few Ravens I like. He is humble and sincere. I just heard a short interview a local radio station conducted with him at one of his charity events for kids. I think he is a great guy. I am glad he is getting a nice chunk of money, he earned it without a doubt. However, I am not happy about the fact it is with the Ravens. Rice absolutely is a threat to us. Without Rice, the Ravens are pretty much a slab of cold lifeless meat. He is arguably the best "all around" back in the league.

A positive from this is that it might leave less money for Flacco to sign. As much as Flacco sucks in key games, he is an above average QB. It would be great to see the Ravens start from scratch in the coming years with a new QB and have ours in his prime. I can only wish . . .

LarryNJ
07-17-2012, 01:22 PM
I guess after Forte signed that pretty much set the standard. Good for him but I don't think RB's are worth that type of $$.

I only hope they give Flacco huge money!

K Train
07-17-2012, 01:25 PM
i love seeing them spend top dollar on a RB, have a QB who is delusional in thinking he deserves top 5 money and having grubbs walk in favor of a mckinney, williams, and birk as a left side of an oline....its awesome how bad that is going to be

steelersbabex25
07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
I hate this and I hate Rice. However, I do like how much they paid him..

Speeed
07-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Just curious why you hate Rice? I can tell you he seems to be a humble, hard-working, and modest person. He does not fit the bill of a "Raven" that is for sure! I am not asking you to defend your opinion, I am just curious.

I hate this and I hate Rice. However, I do like how much they paid him..

steelersbabex25
07-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Cause he's a Steeler killer..

Speeed
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I agree :lol:

Cause he's a Steeler killer..

Nolrog
07-21-2012, 08:38 PM
I thought that was a good deal for the Rats.

ChucktownSteeler
07-22-2012, 12:49 PM
Rice is a good RB. I was hoping for a hold-out.

C-town