PDA

View Full Version : Vikings RB Adrian Peterson was arrested in Houston Friday night for resisting arrest ...

The Lakelander
07-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Vikings RB Adrian Peterson was arrested in Houston Friday night for resisting arrest ...

How does one get arrested for resisting arrest? :thinking:

Speeed
07-08-2012, 11:14 AM
50k fine. Five game suspension, minimum. Harrison might be safe on this one, but who knows . . .

LarryNJ
07-08-2012, 02:26 PM
How does one get arrested for resisting arrest? :thinking:

Drinking too much and having an "I'm a NFL star" attitude will always get you into trouble. Just ask our QB.

Houston Police Department spokesman Kese Smith said Peterson was at a downtown nightclub early Saturday morning when an off-duty Houston police officer working security asked Peterson and a group of people he was with to leave because it was closed. The man, who Kese said identified himself as a police officer, left to tell other patrons to leave the club before returning to Peterson's group to again tell them to leave.

Kese said Peterson turned around and told the officer that he heard him the first time and pushed him in the shoulder, causing him to stumble. The officer told Peterson he was under arrest and to put his hands behind his back. Peterson began yelling, pulled away and ''assumed an aggressive stance'' so another off-duty officer came to help. Peterson continued to struggle with them both.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-running-back-adrian-peterson-arrested-in-nightclub-scuffle-070812

K Train
07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
50k fine. Five game suspension, minimum. Harrison might be safe on this one, but who knows . . .no way he gets punished that much, the dude has never even almost been in trouble before

BubbyBlister
07-08-2012, 05:22 PM
He will probably get a 2 game suspension starting the first two weeks of the season which he will be nursing his knee anyhow in those games. I'm hoping lol cause I got him on my fantasy team.

greennick
07-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Drinking too much and having an "I'm a NFL star" attitude will always get you into trouble. Just ask our QB.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/minnesota-vikings-running-back-adrian-peterson-arrested-in-nightclub-scuffle-070812

Shouldn't cops not be moonlighting as bouncers and then suddenly turn in to a pig? Seems just as much as Peterson was being a douche the cop could have handled it a bit better.

LatrobePA
07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Isn't he starting on the PUP list? No suspension or fine just a slap!

Speeed
07-09-2012, 12:26 AM
I was kidding! But, I will kid the other way this way - Goodell will not even notice this minor arrest. My point is - who knows? Nothing will surprise me either way. I personally don't think it should matter at all. NFL players are people too.

no way he gets punished that much, the dude has never even almost been in trouble before

Blazedby92
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Say Alchol and a freakin' COPS Powerstrong attitude is this story which in turn is COPS word +buddy Cops word over some nfl thugs word.
My Opinion Law enforcement is given too much nowdays, at the same time none of how us was there so we'll see.

jpele
07-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Say Alchol and a freakin' COPS Powerstrong attitude is this story which in turn is COPS word +buddy Cops word over some nfl thugs word.
My Opinion Law enforcement is given too much nowdays, at the same time none of how us was there so we'll see.

It's on video,so it won't be one mans word against another.

K Train
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
the video of his arrest revealed nothing, he wont be punished. he was detained way to long actually, i dont think this was handled properly

LatrobePA
07-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Ben got suspended for throat punching a chick and was never arrested, or even charged... Hmmmmm

K Train
07-09-2012, 05:10 PM
they are saying he receives a small fine at worst, one he probably wont have to pay because the whole story is shady and hes comign at them with lawyers already.

HUNT4SEVEN
07-09-2012, 11:56 PM
SMH...

CowherPower
07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
He'll get a slap on the wrist at most by the league. As far as I know he hasn't been in trouble much during his career. He's another golden boy of the NFL IMO.