PDA

View Full Version : No Progress With Wallace

TarlsQtr
07-07-2012, 10:22 AM
No time to panic yet, but apparently the two sides are not doing too much talking. I hope this does not last into training camp, which would be a major problem with a new offense being installed. See here. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19518580/report-very-little-negotiation-between-mike-wallace-steelers)

ChucktownSteeler
07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Well, he owes the Steelers at least one year, two if they franchise him. The bottom line is if he wants to be an URFA he has to play at least one more season the in the Black and Gold. Sign the tender, get your arse in here and work on a long term deal or full fill your obligations and hit free agency. Either way the kid doesn't have much barginning power.

C-town

scudmissile29
07-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Trade the faggot away, get something for him before we get nothing for him.

The Lakelander
07-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Speaking of which ... who would you say was the most painful contract holdout in Steelers history? ... I don't recall too many very long and drawn out holdouts ... anybody have a thought on this? ....

Black@Gold Forever32
07-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Rod Woodson held out as a rookie.....I don't think he signed until November of his rookie season........

ChucktownSteeler
07-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Speaking of which ... who would you say was the most painful contract holdout in Steelers history? ... I don't recall too many very long and drawn out holdouts ... anybody have a thought on this? ....

Rod Woodson or Mike Merriweather probably (eventually traded). Did Hardy Nickerson hold out leaving for the Bucs?

TarlsQtr
07-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I am not sure the Steelers had a long veteran holdout in a very long time. Woodson was a rookie and I cannot remember any other significant ones except Ward for a couple of weeks and Barry Foster maybe slightly longer.

TarlsQtr
07-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Rod Woodson or Mike Merriweather probably (eventually traded). Did Hardy Nickerson hold out leaving for the Bucs?

That's right! Forgot about Merriweather. That was an entire season, I believe.

LatrobePA
07-07-2012, 05:45 PM
This whole Wallace drama is wearing on me as I'm sure many others!

Real Deal Steel
07-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I want Wallace to just stay away. Let the other guys get his attention and his reps while in camp. Hold your ground Mike, because after awhile, you'll phase yourself right off this team and we won't miss a beat.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-07-2012, 08:14 PM
If it's true that the two sides aren't doing very much talking then the Steelers are content to move forward with the group that they have for the time being. They aren't going to panic or be bullied into making a deal they can't afford either now or long term. If they weren't installing a whole new offense I wouldn't be as concerned about him coming in late. He's not going to know any of the terminology and his timing with Ben is going to be so far off it won't even be funny.

Eh, whatever...I've been over this Wallace thing. If he signs, he signs..if not so what, let his *** walk.

Mike Tomlin
07-07-2012, 10:08 PM
i honestly think The Steelers and Wallace have an agreement as far as when it's going to get done. I think the FO has to wait for the Decastro deal to get done before moving to Wallace then they'll know what contracts to restructure and what they'll have to offer. Wallace will be a Steeler and I guarantee they will get something done. I hate all this pissing and moaning about Wallace, hell he deserves a new contract and he waited his turn, never complained like others that have been in his situation.

connecticutsteel
07-07-2012, 11:42 PM
He will commit career suicide if he doesn't sign the tender .2 years off will kill anyone's career.

plus he knows the Steelers can't give him megatron money and wouldn't if they could

ChucktownSteeler
07-08-2012, 10:14 AM
I want Wallace to just stay away. Let the other guys get his attention and his reps while in camp. Hold your ground Mike, because after awhile, you'll phase yourself right off this team and we won't miss a beat.

I agree, the more time he misses the less valuable he becomes. He still owes the Steelers minimum 1 year and 2 if they franchise him. That's the facts.

C-town

Raleigh Steel
07-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Did hines hold out once? if he did, i doubt it was for any extended period of time...

about wallace, i have no problem with players wanting to get paid what they feel they deserve. i do have a problem with players wanting to get paid far more than what they deserve! either wallace is getting some seriously bad advice, or his ego is reaching T.O. status.

either way, this has been very disappointing. i've always like wallace. was excited as hell when we drafted him. enjoyed watching him play, but this has gone on long enough. nobody around the league feels he's worth what he is asking for and he needs to be in camp learning the new system, and working towards helping the team win the super bowl and improving his value.

The Lakelander
07-08-2012, 10:26 AM
i honestly think The Steelers and Wallace have an agreement as far as when it's going to get done. I think the FO has to wait for the Decastro deal to get done before moving to Wallace then they'll know what contracts to restructure and what they'll have to offer. Wallace will be a Steeler and I guarantee they will get something done. I hate all this pissing and moaning about Wallace, hell he deserves a new contract and he waited his turn, never complained like others that have been in his situation.

This is a great post and it's right on the money!

Saying that Wallace won't be missed is utter BS!

Wallace is the best stretch WR in the league right now .... he creates monumental matchup headaches for opposing defenses, and it is surmisable that Antonio Brown's success can be accredited to Wallace drawing the best cover corners and a saftey over the top as well!

I hope the Wallace deal gets done before camp! I'm a big fan!

jpele
07-08-2012, 10:37 AM
My personal feeling is that Mike Wallace has a big ego and bad attitude( he was given advice by teammates that have been through the process and chooses to go his own way), he should remember one thing holding out hurts HIM not the team. The Steelers will win games whether Mike is on the field or not,yes we are better with him than without.

The Lakelander
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I agree ... the holdout is frustrating ... but I also agree that the Steelers front office does business by priority ... It makes perfect sense that the Steelers would want to have their rookie deals done before they turn their attention to Wallace ... if that's the case, then it's smart for Wallace to hold out for the time being ... a freak ACL injury now would be HIS mistake ... I have no problem with this holdout ... and I believe it will get resolved ...

TarlsQtr
07-08-2012, 11:57 AM
I believe that saying we would not miss Wallace is terribly misguided. He drew the best corners and double-coverage away from AB last year. Without him, AB would draw that card and I am not convinced that Sanders can even stay on the field, so filling AB's slot would be a stretch.

That said, I do believe Wallace will make it to camp. As has been said, he would be hurt the most.

TarlsQtr
07-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Did hines hold out once? if he did, i doubt it was for any extended period of time...

Yes, he held out for 2 weeks in 2005. Cowher personally contacted him and convinced him to come in without a new contract.

steelchamp204
07-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Both parties will come upon a contract that best fits both wallace and the steelers. Wont be Fitz money but I think they will overpay him a little bit. What I am worried about is Wallace's health when he comes back to play this season. How many times have we seen guys like this come back and tear a ACL or tear or pull a hamstring that keeps them out for an extended period of time. That is what I am worried about.