PDA

View Full Version : Pirates 8 Games Above .500

Black@Gold Forever32
07-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes the Pittsburgh Pirates are 44-36 and are tied for first place in the NL Central.......The Pirates pitching staff led by the resurgence of A.J. Burnett and James McDonald blossoming into a top of the rotation starter have carried the Bucs, for the first part of the season....The Pirates bullpen also has been one of the best in MLB all season......

The Pirates offense was awful for the first two months of the season and really Andrew McCutchen, carried the entire lineup on his back those first two months......But in June the Bucco bats came alive and the Pirates offense was among the MLB leaders in all offensive categories.....Pirates 1B/OF Garrett Jones has been on a tear recently........I still get frustrated with Pedro Alvarez, at times but his fielding has greatly improved and Pedro has come up with some clutch two out base hits this season.......Pedro has rose his BA 30+ points in recent weeks.......Some of the other vets on the club are showing life and recent addition of FA journeymen Drew Sutton has given a boost to the lineup......Sutton had a walk off HR to win the game last night in the bottom of the 9th.....

I still would like to see the Pirates make a few moves before the deadline since I do think this team is going to compete all season.......The 19 straight losing seasons will end this year.......BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew McCutchen NL MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Bump......Raise the Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pirates are 9 games above .500...........

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm not getting tired of raising the Jolly Roger....lol Buccos are now 10 games above .500.........

steelersbabex25
07-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Will I see my first winning season for the Pirates ever??

Black@Gold Forever32
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Will I see my first winning season for the Pirates ever??

I think so babe....I know this team collapsed last year but I think they have grown from that......The offense has come alive the last month and the pitching has been solid all year......10 games above .500 and if the Reds lose tonight the Bucs will be 2 games up......

I was 13 the last time the Pirates were a winner....lol I'm 33 now....lol I'm happy for the younger fans finally experiencing some winning Pirates baseball.....Usually by July the Pirates are out of it and everybody is gearing up for Steelers training camp....I love the NFL and the Steelers are my first love....But I want a Pirates World Series more then a Steelers Super Bowl....I never have experienced the Pirates winning a World Series....They won in 79 the year I was born but I was 5 months old so I don't count that....lol Those three straight NLCS losses from 90-92 still sting to me....lol

LarryNJ
07-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Wow..I haven't followed baseball for years. I go to a few Phillies games a year just because it's fun place to eat a hot dog and have a beer. :) I am old enough to have seen a couple world series, I was in my mom's tummy in 1960 I vaguely remember my father screaming. HAHAHa..I was 11 in 71 and remember it. I was a bb freak than, knew stats and everything. We lived and died with BB and the Pirates than.

I was 19 in 79 and remember that much more. Drinking beer and singing we are family! Great times. The early 90's were fun taking my son to the games. By far the worst loss of any game in any sport was losing to the Braves. Barry friggin Bonds couldn't throw him out and Sid couldn't run. I was literally sick for days. Jim over rated 2 packs a day Leyland made me crazy. I went to opening day the first game at PNC. Willie Stargell died that day I will never forget the beauty of the stadium and the sadness of Sarge. I moved shortly there after and have never been back to PNC. I'll be in Pittsburgh in Sept and will try and catch a game.

Thanks for posting B&G..I'll hop on the bandwagon! :)

steelersbabex25
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I think so babe....I know this team collapsed last year but I think they have grown from that......The offense has come alive the last month and the pitching has been solid all year......10 games above .500 and if the Reds lose tonight the Bucs will be 2 games up......

I was 13 the last time the Pirates were a winner....lol I'm 33 now....lol I'm happy for the younger fans finally experiencing some winning Pirates baseball.....Usually by July the Pirates are out of it and everybody is gearing up for Steelers training camp....I love the NFL and the Steelers are my first love....But I want a Pirates World Series more then a Steelers Super Bowl....I never have experienced the Pirates winning a World Series....They won in 79 the year I was born but I was 5 months old so I don't count that....lol Those three straight NLCS losses from 90-92 still sting to me....lol

I was born in 93 so I've never lived through a winning season. My family likes to say "I'm sure there's no correlation :lol:" I would love to be a Pirates fan but they've never really given me a reason to be a fan. Hopefully it'll change soon!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I was born in 93 so I've never lived through a winning season. My family likes to say "I'm sure there's no correlation :lol:" I would love to be a Pirates fan but they've never really given me a reason to be a fan. Hopefully it'll change soon!

Hop on the bandwagon Babe.........Great times are coming for the Pirates.....Andrew McCutchen is already one of the best players in the game and signed a long term deal before this season started......Pedro Alvarez has the potential to be a 30-35 HR hitter.......Neil Walker is solid and is one of those players you need to have a winning team...James McDonald has really blossomed into a top of the rotation type starter...I havn't even touched on all the talent the Pirates have in the minors.......Starling Marte, Jameson Tallion, Garrett Cole, Luis Heredia, Josh Bell are the top five Pirates prospects.......There is a ton more since the team has been drafting better and have been more aggressive in signing players in the foreign market.....They have been tapping into Latin America more lately......

StlersGuy
07-06-2012, 06:42 PM

Zoltan thats all I can say

Dee Mca
07-09-2012, 12:12 AM
48-37 at the break all I can say is wow. Hopefully we can make a deal and get another OF I believe Tabata has seen his days in the outfield. We could also use another starter Bedard is struggling.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-09-2012, 10:47 AM
48-37 at the break all I can say is wow. Hopefully we can make a deal and get another OF I believe Tabata has seen his days in the outfield. We could also use another starter Bedard is struggling.

I wanted the Pirates to get another bat but I do think another starter is a bigger need......Bedard has been a bum lately and Correia can be inconsistent as well.......McDonald and Burnett has been awesome.....I like what I have seen from Karstens in his last couple starts......

As for adding another OF, I don't know.......They have Starling Marte who is damn near ready at Triple A.......Sometimes those mid-season rookie call ups really give a team a boost......

I do think the Pirates will add some pieces so it should be interesting....This team will not collapse like last year.....I don't know if they make the play-offs but I do think they will remain in the race......

lloydfan4life
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
The two game skid vs the Cubbies this week had me on edge a little, but they came back strong today to keep from being swept. It's post all-star break and I keep waiting for them to crash and burn..... but at the same time I'm keeping the faith.
Let's go Bucs!!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2012, 12:20 AM
The two game skid vs the Cubbies this week had me on edge a little, but they came back strong today to keep from being swept. It's post all-star break and I keep waiting for them to crash and burn..... but at the same time I'm keeping the faith.
Let's go Bucs!!

They're not going to crash and burn this year.......You have to remember there is a ton of games in baseball...They're going to drop some games from time to time....The Pirates traded for Wandy Rodriguez..........Burnett, McDonald, Karstens, and Rodriguez give the Bucs four damn good starting pitchers....Factor in Correia and Bedard and they have to ability to go six deep in their starting rotation giving some rest to a starter who might need it.....Plus the Bucs are looking to add a bat......This team is for real....The Reds keep winning though and they're going to be tough....But there is a big series in Cincy coming up soon.....BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lloydfan4life
07-26-2012, 01:46 PM
They're not going to crash and burn this year.......You have to remember there is a ton of games in baseball...

I know.... but you have to remember.... it's been way too many years since I've been able to be this excited about baseball this late in the season. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I know.... but you have to remember.... it's been way too many years since I've been able to be this excited about baseball this late in the season. :lol:

I was 13 the last time the Bucs had a winning season and made the post season......I'm 33 now and still haunted by Sid Bream sliding in safe at home in game 7 of the 92 NLCS.....lol Francisco Cabrera can rot in hell or better yet Stan Belinda can for giving up that hit to that bum....lol

Dee Mca
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I still can't believe Sid Bream scored on that hit. I always thought Sid was one of the slowest men in baseball.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I still can't believe Sid Bream scored on that hit. I always thought Sid was one of the slowest men in baseball.

Bonds never had the strongest of throwing arms....was the weakest part of his game......

Dee Mca
07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
If Bonds would have thrown the ball to the plate and not up the first base line Spanky would have been able to make the tag.