PDA

View Full Version : New England Patriots rant

Blitzburgh_Mike
07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I am so sick of hearing about them. I understand they're the defending AFC champs and have improved over the off-season but ESPN and NFL.com's love affair with Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the whole organization is just ridiculous. They'll use any excuse they can come up with to talk about how good they're gonna be and how much better they've gotten. I respect Tom Brady as a football player and team leader. But for a QB that so many are ready to declare as "the greatest of all-time," he sure gets a lot of weapons put around him doesnt he? Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, Ochocinco last year. You never hear about Eli Manning or Aaron Rodgers getting that much help. They get undrafted free agents like Victor Cruz and turn them into All-Pros. I am a firm believer that a team with a good pass rush will rattle Brady to the point where he looks like an average QB. Look at the playoff game against Baltimore last season. Imagine if Big Ben had as much time to throw the ball as Brady usually does.

Another thing that irks me is that this is the same team who's defense couldn't cover a chair last year. I remember Roethlisberger threw to Heath Miller I think 4 or 5 plays in a row on one of the opening drives last year because nobody on New England wanted or knew how to cover him. They were also fortunate enough to have had the easiest schedule in the league last year, which they will also have this upcoming year. You gotta be kidding me.

I really hope Pittsburgh gets an opportunity to play them in the playoffs next year and put them in their place so we can all stop hearing about them for at least a couple weeks. Or any team, for that matter. I actually would root for Baltimore if the Pats play the Ravens next year, which I think they do. At least the Ravens play D.

End of rant. Go Steelers!!

nick5574
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I can't wait until Brady retires so that we can finally hear about something other than the Patriots. It gets so old that every year they are the favorites from the start to win the Super Bowl. Not to mention their obnoxiously arrogant fans.

BubbyBlister
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Don't watch ESPN then and works for me.

The Lakelander
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM
What's worse is they (the Pastriots) once again have been granted one of the easiest schedules in the entire league for 2012 ... :bunny:

BubbyBlister
07-03-2012, 03:30 PM
What's worse is they (the Pastriots) once again have been granted one of the easiest schedules in the entire league for 2012 ... :bunny: NoGoodAtAll is buddies with Kraft so what does that tell you ?

gtadroptop
07-03-2012, 11:54 PM
It just makes beating them that much sweeter.

Farrior Fan
07-04-2012, 07:00 AM
This should put a smile on your face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAr_p99_uU

gtadroptop
07-04-2012, 07:57 AM
:grin2:

I jumped to the best part. The fumble. :tt02:

Sheetz
07-04-2012, 08:30 AM
I would rather hear about the Patriots because they have been winning rather than Tony Romo and the Cowboys. No matter how bad Dallas is, ESPN promotes them like crazy on the offseason.

Sheetz
07-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Whoops double post

NorCalSteel
07-04-2012, 04:35 PM
We will kick their *** just like last year. I don't like it when the media jumps on the STEELERS band wagon any how..

BlitzburghRockCity
07-04-2012, 04:44 PM
It's every freekin year, they are always the darlings of the league. Tom Brady is the golden boy every year, it's nauseating.

Lately the Packers are in that same boat. I used to not really care about them one way or the other but since that super bowl loss I can't stand them.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

steelchamp204
07-05-2012, 12:24 AM
This should put a smile on your face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxAr_p99_uU

The smile went away when I saw Sims

Nolrog
07-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Who cares what stations worship them or whatever. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field.

K Train
07-05-2012, 10:00 AM
NoGoodAtAll is buddies with Kraft so what does that tell you ?

this has nothing to do with it, the schedule is set based on order and finishing last year. They play every first place AFC team from last year, their division twice, an AFC and NFC division that goes in order every 3 years so the bills, dolphins, and jets all play the same opponents except for the first place AFC teams

really i dont mind them always talking about them, they are a good consistent team with some stud players and a few HOFers on the roster..but imo the best has passed for them, brady was 3-0 in superbowls and is now 3-2. I imagine they will be jsut as competitive over the next 5-6 years as they have been but we arent gonna see any world beating brady to moss 2007 numbers.

id much rather hear about the patriots than the steelers, i hate when analysts talk about the steelers good or bad

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I was at that game, what an awesome atmosphere that was! Nothing like hearing the crowd chant "Brraadddyyy" and "Cheeaatter" all night long..lol.

I hate the Pats with a passion but I compare the Steelers to them a lot because they are consistent and their coaching staff is one of the best every year. They somehow find low tier players and turn them into consistent playmakers. Their defense never really does much for me but that offense is just amazing every single year no matter who is playing.

Real Deal Steel
07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Don't you guys worry. If our offense does what I suspect they do, we'll get our share of Love. Plus beating the Patriots is the best way to take their pub away. And we will beat them again this year.